collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Birkir Bjarnason - Released  (Read 135987 times)

Offline ZhongYi

• "The left side (of the Holte)"
Re: Birkir Bjarnason - SIGNED
« Reply #660 on: June 16, 2018, 02:49:57 PM »
tonight (8 hours ahead) against argentina has proved he is a quality player. keep.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #661 on: June 16, 2018, 03:43:06 PM »
tonight (8 hours ahead) against argentina has proved he is a quality player. keep.

A quality player that barely gets a game here - hopefully someone might want to give us some decent money for him! That'd be a win for us and him!

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #662 on: June 16, 2018, 03:58:03 PM »
Yep, could be a masterstroke for the finances. After the world cup loads of clubs want a vanity world cup purchase and we have just the man.. 8)

Online frank black

« Reply #663 on: June 16, 2018, 03:58:42 PM »
Been a dirty bugger today. Effective but a dirty bugger 😂

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #664 on: June 16, 2018, 04:00:22 PM »
I think "quality player" is stretching it: he proved to be very competent at doing the job required of him (even if he was very fortuitous not to get a yellow for persistent fouling).
And, he could have been a far more influential player for us last season had he played more often.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #665 on: June 16, 2018, 04:20:15 PM »
He did well and perhaps could have scored. We should keep him and play him centre-mid.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #666 on: June 16, 2018, 04:28:04 PM »
Wish we could sell Jedi and Whelan and keep BB. Surely that daft prick Pulis would be interested in Whelan.

Online robleflaneur

« Reply #667 on: June 16, 2018, 06:40:21 PM »
Wish we could sell Jedi and Whelan and keep BB. Surely that daft prick Pulis would be interested in Whelan.
Unfortunately,we also have a daft prick.Jedi could be a mainstay of our defence .

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #668 on: June 16, 2018, 07:15:23 PM »

A quality player that barely gets a game here - hopefully someone might want to give us some decent money for him! That'd be a win for us and him!

No way! He needs to stay next season. Xia needs to go by selling up to someone who knows what they're doing!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #669 on: June 16, 2018, 10:50:16 PM »
He did well and perhaps could have scored. We should keep him and play him centre-mid.

He plays as left sided winger for Iceland.

I know we played him as DM last year but to me an effective area for him would be box to box midfielder, I certainly don't think he'd have posted poorer stats than Hourihane if he'd had a similar number of starts.

Anyway he was close to leaving in January so suspect he'll be gone by August so hopefully a good World cup will push his value up a bit more.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #670 on: June 16, 2018, 11:49:19 PM »
I hope he’s here next season. If we play him in the right role I think he’s a really good player. He’s good on the ball and has intelligent movement.

Online robleflaneur

« Reply #671 on: June 17, 2018, 12:17:55 AM »
I hope he’s here next season. If we play him in the right role I think he’s a really good player. He’s good on the ball and has intelligent movement.
Intelligent movement is not compatible with any Bruce side.His ability shows up Bruce's limitations.There was no need to buy Whelan.With him and Jedi we could have played 352 or 4231  or a diamond 442 but Bruce is so inflexible.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #672 on: June 17, 2018, 12:37:14 AM »
His performance today in a way reminded of the display Carlos Sanchez put in for Columbia against Messi. Everyone was raving about it. Then he comes back to us and either he was just magnificent that night or as probably was the case we never used him in his best position. Sanchez was a good, not great player that we should have got more out of. I hope we don't make the same mistake with BB because as a defensive midfield player he looked more than solid for us at Championship level last season.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 01:10:38 AM by Toronto Villa »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #673 on: June 17, 2018, 12:38:47 AM »
His performance today in a way reminded of the display Carlos Santos put in for Columbia against Messi. Everyone was raving about it. Then he comes back to us and either he was just magnificent that night or as probably was the case we never used him in his position. Santos was a good, not great player that we should have got more out of. I hope we don't make the same mistake with BB because as a defensive midfield player he looked more than solid for us at Championship level last season.

Sanchez you mean?

I was thinking of him earlier. All those players we signed who barely got a look in and then got moved out on loan for the rest of their contracts.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #674 on: June 17, 2018, 12:39:14 AM »
His performance today in a way reminded of the display Carlos Santos put in for Columbia against Messi. Everyone was raving about it. Then he comes back to us and either he was just magnificent that night or as probably was the case we never used him in his position. Santos was a good, not great player that we should have got more out of. I hope we don't make the same mistake with BB because as a defensive midfield player he looked more than solid for us at Championship level last season.

Sanchez you mean?

I was thinking of him earlier. All those players we signed who barely got a look in and then got moved out on loan for the rest of their contracts.

Yeh sorry Sanchez

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal