collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 03:53:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:53:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by martin o`who??
[Today at 03:52:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:52:29 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Smirker
[Today at 03:52:23 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:52:23 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by AV84
[Today at 03:52:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 03:51:59 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Birkir Bjarnason - Released  (Read 135898 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Birkir Bjarnason - SIGNED
« Reply #690 on: June 17, 2018, 11:10:34 AM »
Some players just aren’t suited to the Premier League. Sanchez was one of them.

Aye. The problem was him, not us.

Think Veretout was more unsuited, Carlos at least could mix it physically.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #691 on: June 17, 2018, 11:12:30 AM »
Brighton were very interested in Hourihane in the last transfer window.

Can't imagine we'll have too many issues selling him for 4/5 million in this window.

clubs will look at his statistics and sign him

they wont realise he can be mostly meh in games but has this knack of being in the right place to score but he frustrated me so many times last season.

Hes never a prem player

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #692 on: June 17, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »
Brighton were very interested in Hourihane in the last transfer window.

Can't imagine we'll have too many issues selling him for 4/5 million in this window.

clubs will look at his statistics and sign him

they wont realise he can be mostly meh in games but has this knack of being in the right place to score but he frustrated me so many times last season.

Hes never a prem player

if we get 4-5 mill for him and someone takes him on his wages

I'll eat my sou'wester

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #693 on: June 17, 2018, 11:20:16 AM »
I suppose its possible. Norwich have just sold Josh Murphy for an alleged £11m and he ain't that great.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #694 on: June 17, 2018, 12:52:50 PM »
If we want to sell Hourihane I reckon we'd get a decent price for him. He works hard and has, over 2 seasons in this league, 18 goals and 16 assists.  He can be a bit anonymous but just his ability to pick up the ball on the edge of the box and hit the target gives him a value to clubs wanting to get promotion to the prem or to try to avoid relegation.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got something around £7-8m.

Bjarnason will probably see bids of £4-5m as well and I reckon we could get offers of a couple of million for Elmo and Lansbury. Yes they're on big money for most of the championship clubs but the ones who came down and have the parachute payments might well be willing to do what we did and gamble on a few players who've got lots of experience in this league.

Online john e

« Reply #695 on: June 17, 2018, 02:10:27 PM »
If we want to sell Hourihane I reckon we'd get a decent price for him. He works hard and has, over 2 seasons in this league, 18 goals and 16 assists.  He can be a bit anonymous but just his ability to pick up the ball on the edge of the box and hit the target gives him a value to clubs wanting to get promotion to the prem or to try to avoid relegation.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got something around £7-8m.

Bjarnason will probably see bids of £4-5m as well and I reckon we could get offers of a couple of million for Elmo and Lansbury. Yes they're on big money for most of the championship clubs but the ones who came down and have the parachute payments might well be willing to do what we did and gamble on a few players who've got lots of experience in this league.

3 clubs came down
none of which in my opinion will be offering the sort of money you suggest for any of the above players
they will need players to improve their squads and get them back up
Not the midfield failures we have hanging about

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #696 on: June 17, 2018, 02:16:57 PM »

3 clubs came down
none of which in my opinion will be offering the sort of money you suggest for any of the above players

You can't call Hourihane a failure though, he's not as good as we might have wanted but he had a good enough season to be interesting. Bjarnason didn't play as often as he should've but he looked easily good enough for a side chasing automatic promotion and Elmo has been around the leagues so long that he'll have interest regardless and he, again, had an ok season.  Lansbury is the outside chance of the 3 but I think we could easily get £15-20m for those 4 (combined).

Online john e

« Reply #697 on: June 17, 2018, 02:19:17 PM »

3 clubs came down

You can't call Hourihane a failure though, he's not as good as we might have wanted but he had a good enough season to be interesting. Bjarnason didn't play as often as he should've but he looked easily good enough for a side chasing automatic promotion and Elmo has been around the leagues so long that he'll have interest regardless and he, again, had an ok season.  Lansbury is the outside chance of the 3 but I think we could easily get £15-20m for those 4 (combined).
e

every one of our central midfield was a failure apart from Grealish imo

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #698 on: June 17, 2018, 02:20:10 PM »
I know Hourihane goes missing in games at times but I generally found that when he wasn’t played in a more advanced role. Midfield players who chip in with 10+ goals and who are good at set pieces don’t grow on trees. I would not be selling him at all.

Online john e

« Reply #699 on: June 17, 2018, 02:21:48 PM »
I know Hourihane goes missing in games at times but I generally found that when he wasn’t played in a more advanced role. Midfield players who chip in with 10+ goals and who are good at set pieces don’t grow on trees. I would not be selling him at all.

you'll be ok then because none of these players mentioned in the last few posts will be going anywhere

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #700 on: June 17, 2018, 02:35:59 PM »
Hourihane needs a more mobile holding midfielder than either Jedinak or Whelan to play alongside.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #701 on: June 17, 2018, 02:40:10 PM »
Its a big if, but if we had BB, Hourihane and Jack as a midfield three, most of the other sides in the league would be fearful of that midfield.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #702 on: June 17, 2018, 04:57:42 PM »
Some players just aren’t suited to the Premier League. Sanchez was one of them.

Aye. The problem was him, not us.

Think Veretout was more unsuited, Carlos at least could mix it physically.

But only for so long as he lacked the fitness to play the game here.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #703 on: June 17, 2018, 10:31:25 PM »
We would get over run with a midfield of Hourihane, Grealish and BB as I think they have energy but don't have enough physical presence.  Be interesting to see how Bruce builds the midfield with no money.  Jedinak is likely to drop in to the back four I reckon, so we will need some physicality in the middle of the park.  For me, it's BB OR Hourihane, but not both.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #704 on: June 18, 2018, 12:52:43 PM »
Jordan Lyden is still on our books and would be ideally suited for the defensive midfield role.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal