collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 12:05:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Conor Hourihane - thanks and farewell  (Read 299803 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Conor Hourihane - SIGNED
« Reply #1260 on: February 17, 2019, 02:02:08 AM »
In fairly short order it should be clear if DS is planning ahead or fumbling around trying to shore things up.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1261 on: February 17, 2019, 08:26:27 AM »
He’s been poor for some time, and for what it’s worth I don’t think he should have started yesterday, but clearly Smith thought otherwise. It’s all about opinions, but I’m not in favour of cheering a substitution like his, I think it’s counter productive, and now we are left with what appears to be a broken man when we are going to have little choice but include him whilst SJM is out. It’s all very sad.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #1262 on: February 17, 2019, 08:34:00 AM »
How does anyone believe a player who can't tackle belongs in midfield, play him just behind the strikers and you get a different player, he is told where to play it can't be by choice.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #1263 on: February 17, 2019, 08:35:03 AM »
He’s been poor for some time, and for what it’s worth I don’t think he should have started yesterday, but clearly Smith thought otherwise. It’s all about opinions, but I’m not in favour of cheering a substitution like his, I think it’s counter productive, and now we are left with what appears to be a broken man when we are going to have little choice but include him whilst SJM is out. It’s all very sad.

Don’t disagree with you Des but there is a danger of mollycoddling players now. If he has any character or professionalism Hourihane will be determined to prove the Manager and crowd wrong and work on those elements of his game that caused him to be substituted.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1264 on: February 17, 2019, 01:11:54 PM »
Today we saw the culmination of the destruction of his Villa career, and his outrageously slow walk off when we're two nil down, will go down in history as his Steve Hodge moment. The fuck out of our club.

I think comparing him to Steve Hodge is a tad way over the top to be honest.

Just a bit.

True. He's nowhere near that good. You love getting stuck in to posters, don't you?

What on earth are you talking about?

"Getting stuck into"?

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1265 on: February 23, 2019, 06:57:08 PM »
On a side note, the idiot behind me who called him a Fenian bastard after he took two corners, that were not very good, what a tool! Fenian is a derogatory term used against Catholics, would he call Tammy or any of our black players by the N word, well he might!! We’re not in Glasgow leave this shite away from Villa, it’s a racist horrible thing to say

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1266 on: February 23, 2019, 08:22:57 PM »
Fantastic crunching tackle today. For a split second he became Rico or Shaun Teale. Then he went and hit several poor corners and free kicks.

Offline achilles

« Reply #1267 on: February 23, 2019, 10:20:41 PM »
To be fair to him I thought he played much better today, except for those two corners and definitely put a shift in.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #1268 on: February 24, 2019, 09:25:19 AM »
And he was supported from the stands. We're a conciliatory bunch.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #1269 on: February 24, 2019, 09:42:38 AM »
On a side note, the idiot behind me who called him a Fenian bastard after he took two corners, that were not very good, what a tool! Fenian is a derogatory term used against Catholics, would he call Tammy or any of our black players by the N word, well he might!! We’re not in Glasgow leave this shite away from Villa, it’s a racist horrible thing to say
This

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #1270 on: February 24, 2019, 09:53:30 AM »
This
Also the F*** the IRA chant when MacLean touched the ball. Spouted with venom by the middle aged couple behind me. Funnily,they didn't join in any other chants.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1271 on: February 24, 2019, 10:01:03 AM »
To be fair to him I thought he played much better today, except for those two corners and definitely put a shift in.

Yep, agree with that.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1272 on: February 24, 2019, 11:11:44 AM »

Funnily enough, the town Hourihane is from, Bandon, wouldn't exactly be a fenian hotbed. Like a town from the shires; rugby, hockey etc. More famous for its other son, Graham Norton.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1273 on: February 24, 2019, 01:22:29 PM »

Funnily enough, the town Hourihane is from, Bandon, wouldn't exactly be a fenian hotbed. Like a town from the shires; rugby, hockey etc. More famous for its other son, Graham Norton.
Maybe they could do a job swap.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1274 on: February 24, 2019, 02:13:17 PM »
Put Conor in the red chair first to ease him in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal