collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Conor Hourihane - thanks and farewell  (Read 299852 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Conor Hourihane - SIGNED
« Reply #1200 on: February 16, 2019, 02:51:47 PM »
For shit like Barnsley, he's fucking ace.  For Villa, he's bang average.  This is what worries me about the links to the Brentford players, they are decent but not for a bigger club with bigger aspirations.  We have managed to fill our squad with bang average players with few exceptions.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #1201 on: February 16, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »
He's played more often than not as a dm with even whelan and barny playing further forward than him. He's not a dm and playing their nullifies his strengths. But lets not allow detail to get in the way of scapegoating, an all too easy thing to do. I've every confidence that when Hourihane is moved out of the team some posters on here will find a new scapegoat because after all that's what they do best.
Absolute horseshit. ANY footballer should be able to run, mark his man, stick a foot in, etc. He's been on a free ride all season. We can forgive quality, but lack of effort - Not a chance.
He's garbage.

Hope he makes me eat my words today, but I'd wager this isn't going to happen.

Offline Steve67

« Reply #1202 on: February 16, 2019, 03:00:26 PM »
He's played more often than not as a dm with even whelan and barny playing further forward than him. He's not a dm and playing their nullifies his strengths. But lets not allow detail to get in the way of scapegoating, an all too easy thing to do. I've every confidence that when Hourihane is moved out of the team some posters on here will find a new scapegoat because after all that's what they do best.
Absolute horseshit. ANY footballer should be able to run, mark his man, stick a foot in, etc. He's been on a free ride all season. We can forgive quality, but lack of effort - Not a chance.
He's garbage.

Hope he makes me eat my words today, but I'd wager this isn't going to happen.

Hologram has been awful for far too long and is only in the side as he is marginally less shit than some others.  I think you are blinded by the fact that he is a fellow countryman Abbey?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1203 on: February 16, 2019, 03:01:47 PM »
Nullifies his strengths, hilarious.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1204 on: February 16, 2019, 03:35:43 PM »
For shit like Barnsley, he's fucking ace.  For Villa, he's bang average.  This is what worries me about the links to the Brentford players, they are decent but not for a bigger club with bigger aspirations.  We have managed to fill our squad with bang average players with few exceptions.

He was pretty good for Villa last year in fairness. The number of goals and assists he got aren't to be sniffed at. His limitations though are glaring. Inability to physically compete, one paced, one sided and that's for starters

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1205 on: February 16, 2019, 03:53:06 PM »
What the fuck was he doing for their second.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1206 on: February 16, 2019, 03:55:36 PM »
Waste of fucking space

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1207 on: February 16, 2019, 04:02:08 PM »
I think he thought he might get hurt so he bottled it as usual.

Online CT Villan

« Reply #1208 on: February 16, 2019, 04:03:18 PM »
He's a kit-washers dream.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #1209 on: February 16, 2019, 04:24:21 PM »

He was pretty good for Villa last year in fairness. The number of goals and assists he got aren't to be sniffed at. His limitations though are glaring. Inability to physically compete, one paced, one sided and that's for starters

I remember the same being said about Barry.

Offline Steve67

« Reply #1210 on: February 16, 2019, 04:26:10 PM »
Taken off and replaced by a child.  That's how good he is.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #1211 on: February 16, 2019, 04:32:23 PM »
Just a shame McGinn has a suspension looming. He'll squirm straight back into the next starting 11.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1212 on: February 16, 2019, 04:36:57 PM »
Ramsey has showed more bollocks in five minutes than Hourihane has in 5 months.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1213 on: February 16, 2019, 04:37:53 PM »

Barry who came straight into defence as a 17 year old.  Nobody ever said he wasn't physically capable.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1214 on: February 16, 2019, 04:40:10 PM »

Barry who came straight into defence as a 17 year old.  Nobody ever said he wasn't physically capable.
No just complete bollocks, compare the performance of a 38 year old Barry to this twat.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal