collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Conor Hourihane - thanks and farewell  (Read 301971 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Conor Hourihane - SIGNED
« Reply #720 on: February 15, 2017, 06:33:56 PM »
If we insist on him taking corners then FFS try something else other than a floaty one to the back stick for Baker to miss

Don't get me started on corners!

Not Hourihane-related in the slightest but when was the last time we carried an actual goal threat from a corner?  Winning a corner these days is essentially the same as the ball running out for a goal kick.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #721 on: February 15, 2017, 07:24:47 PM »
His set piece delivery was very good for Barnsley so looks like we've yet again trained out any quality at Bodymoor in a few weeks.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #722 on: February 15, 2017, 07:28:00 PM »
If we insist on him taking corners then FFS try something else other than a floaty one to the back stick for Baker to miss

Not Hourihane-related in the slightest but when was the last time we carried an actual goal threat from a corner?  Winning a corner these days is essentially the same as the ball running out for a goal kick.

Do you remember when there were complaints that we were an anti-football outfit because most of our goals were scored from set pieces under the auspices of the Derry Mon? 

Those were the days, my friends.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #723 on: February 15, 2017, 07:38:35 PM »
I noted with interest his ability to point a lot.

We thought that we'd never see a pointer of the calibre of NRC again and then along came Westy.

Now there's Hourihane making a challenge for the title

Offline russon

« Reply #724 on: February 15, 2017, 07:40:56 PM »

Do you remember when there were complaints that we were an anti-football outfit because most of our goals were scored from set pieces under the auspices of the Derry Mon? 

Remember them well. Routine victories over Blues, regular top 6 finishes, a team of 100%ers, wasn't enough for some though...

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #725 on: February 15, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »
He was good in the first half. He and Lansbury would be ideally suited having Jedinak covering.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #726 on: February 15, 2017, 08:07:49 PM »
We could really do with some of those 100% ers now Russon. Oh for a Barry or a Milner or a Mellberg.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #727 on: February 15, 2017, 08:23:43 PM »

Remember them well. Routine victories over Blues, regular top 6 finishes, a team of 100%ers, wasn't enough for some though...
That would be the ambitious amongst us I suppose...

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #728 on: February 15, 2017, 08:30:05 PM »

That would be the ambitious amongst us I suppose...

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #729 on: February 15, 2017, 08:41:26 PM »
His tackle on Bradshaw for their second was late and very reckless. If it didn't go in almost certain penalty number two. What the hell was Baker doing.. fucking clowns at the circus.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #730 on: February 15, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »

What the hell is going on here? No wonder why he was rubbish again, a bit too pally pally me thinks.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #731 on: February 15, 2017, 08:51:31 PM »
Just like McCormack loving all his Fulham mates on the pitch ....mind you they soon told their manager not to re-sign him, apparently.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #732 on: February 16, 2017, 12:10:14 AM »
When the going gets tough so far he's vanished.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #733 on: February 16, 2017, 08:21:57 PM »
I thought, honestly, we'd signed at least 3 hardmen, in him, Lansbury and Thor. Oh dear.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #734 on: February 17, 2017, 05:23:46 PM »
Udders Field Examiner

Insufficient gelling time is the crux.

Aston Villa new boy Conor Hourihane claims Villa's players must work harder to turn their fortunes around this season.

The Midlands side have taken just one point since the turn of the year, despite bringing in eight players in January.

The former Barnsley captain believes the new additions will help the Villans in the long run, but admits it will take time for the side to gel.

He told Sky Sports: “When you look around the dressing room, you can’t not be confident.

“There are really good players here, especially for this level. Everyone just needs to work that little bit harder on the training field to turn the luck around.

“We haven’t had it in recent weeks but if you keep going, luck starts coming to your side. When that starts happening, the only way is up.

“The manager has been fantastic with myself and the lads since I came in. We have some great players in the changing room, it’s just taking a bit of time to gel.”

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal