collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:24:14 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Conor Hourihane - thanks and farewell  (Read 299989 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Conor Hourihane
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2017, 03:40:13 PM »
They'll also see us as a club who have already splashed out £50m. They'll try and squeeze as much out of us as they can.

Barnsley are quite frankly a small time club out of depth and lucky to be even in championship.  I can name heaps of other clubs in league one bigger than them  milwall ,charlton ,sheff utd , bolton even coventry despite plight  and league 2 Portsmouth. Bradford are bigger too.

Likes of walsall crewe luton Doncaster Swindon Peterborough  are on par or bigger than them. And these clubs would welcome 1 to 3 million. 

Barnsley  A plucky cup team -Johnstone paint trophy winner merely a club who have to step on . Come on now Barnsley you're playing with the big boys just let the lad go!!!

That's extremely patronising to be honest. We're buying one their best players. They want a fee for him, it's up to us to negotiate with them or pay it. 

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2017, 03:44:04 PM »
Notwithstanding the ins and outs of the Cleverley deal, Kodj is right he could sign a pre-contract agreement with us.  That would leave Barnsley under no illusions of what will happen in the summer.  But to be honest I'm not sure how much it would assist and being based on a free transfer may make the agent greedier than the deal to move now.  Also, we want him now not in the summer.

Cant you only sign a pre-contract agreement with a club another country?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2017, 03:47:58 PM »
I hope we are haggling over a few hundred thousand. We'd be stupid not to.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2017, 03:49:03 PM »
They'll also see us as a club who have already splashed out £50m. They'll try and squeeze as much out of us as they can.

Barnsley are quite frankly a small time club out of depth and lucky to be even in championship.  I can name heaps of other clubs in league one bigger than them  milwall ,charlton ,sheff utd , bolton even coventry despite plight  and league 2 Portsmouth. Bradford are bigger too.

Likes of walsall crewe luton Doncaster Swindon Peterborough  are on par or bigger than them. And these clubs would welcome 1 to 3 million. 

Barnsley  A plucky cup team -Johnstone paint trophy winner merely a club who have to step on . Come on now Barnsley you're playing with the big boys just let the lad go!!!

That's extremely patronising to be honest. We're buying one their best players. They want a fee for him, it's up to us to negotiate with them or pay it.

We 'll pay it no problems.  Just like  xia says clubs stalling and playing games fans get frustrated.  I saying how it is. Sky have villa on frequently and Barnsley are lower popularity and very regional so they are running a far smaller ambition and club than the villa project . Steeped in history and tradition.  Anyway I wish them luck for their cup final v Leeds on weekend.

Online Clampy

« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »

We 'll pay it no problems.  Just like  xia says clubs stalling and playing games fans get frustrated.  I saying how it is. Sky have villa on frequently and Barnsley are lower popularity and very regional so they are running a far smaller ambition and club than the villa project . Steeped in history and tradition.  Anyway I wish them luck for their cup final v Leeds on weekend.

Of course we'll pay it, and Barnsley have a right to ask for it. You're sounding like one of those cocky arrogant Man Utd fans and it doesn't suit you.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:55:39 PM by Clampy »

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2017, 04:08:42 PM »
It's the trump effect ! I try and tone it down. Wanted to make the point i guess. 1000 apologies. Would have liked hooray houraine In before Preston. 
Now have to wait for the 3 or 4 signings to play Brentford on 31st !

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2017, 04:08:50 PM »
It doesn't, not sure what's got into the 'skillz lately.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2017, 04:14:43 PM »
Notwithstanding the ins and outs of the Cleverley deal, Kodj is right he could sign a pre-contract agreement with us.  That would leave Barnsley under no illusions of what will happen in the summer.  But to be honest I'm not sure how much it would assist and being based on a free transfer may make the agent greedier than the deal to move now.  Also, we want him now not in the summer.

yep I think you are correct

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2017, 04:17:09 PM »

Yup.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2017, 04:20:53 PM »
Him and the Doc follow each other on Twitter as of this arvo.

Offline Dave P

« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2017, 04:21:03 PM »
Dr Xia has followed Conor on Twitter and Conor has followed him back. Hmmmm.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2017, 04:22:26 PM »
Come on Dave P, that's old news.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2017, 04:24:34 PM »
The lad himself has apparently 'liked' a link that says fee agreed.

Shirley even we can't balls this up now.

Online Pete3206

« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2017, 04:28:11 PM »

Codswallop

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2017, 04:33:33 PM »

Codswallop

Is that near T'Barnsley?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal