collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Conor Hourihane - thanks and farewell  (Read 299860 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Conor Hourihane
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2017, 01:44:10 PM »
Would be good if Hourihan could get him signed on a pre nuptual agreement to come in the summer, then that would force Barnsleys hand a bit & reduce them playing hardball games

Well we'd be breaching all sorts of rules if we did that.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2017, 01:46:58 PM »
Would be good if Hourihan could get him signed on a pre nuptual agreement to come in the summer, then that would force Barnsleys hand a bit & reduce them playing hardball games

Well we'd be breaching all sorts of rules if we did that.

I'd be heartbroken

Online Tony Daleys Shorts

« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2017, 01:47:20 PM »
Pat Murphy claiming that this is done for £2.75m and we hope to see Hourihane deal close to being agreed with Barnsley later today.

Hourihah!

The big knobs have gone round the table and yanked the iron out of the fire.

Blackadder ?

'Oh we've survived it! The Great War 1914 to 1917...'

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2017, 02:01:42 PM »

I don't see a problem with them trying to get as much money as they can. They don't have to agree to the deal we want.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2017, 02:04:35 PM »

I don't see a problem with them trying to get as much money as they can. They don't have to agree to the deal we want.

Likewise, I don't see a problem with us agreeing something with the player.  Nobody raised any questions when Everton did it to us over Cleverly.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2017, 02:06:25 PM »

Likewise, I don't see a problem with us agreeing something with the player.  Nobody raised any questions when Everton did it to us over Cleverly.

And with good reason, otherwise we may have been stuck with him.

Online Clampy

« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2017, 02:09:37 PM »

Cleverley wasn't our player though.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2017, 02:14:46 PM »

OK they did it to MU then,

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2017, 02:16:27 PM »

And if we've paid £3m for Forrest's captain I can understand why Barnsley may think £1m for theirs is a bit derisory (if the numbers being mentioned are true)

Online Clampy

« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2017, 02:17:27 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2017, 02:20:52 PM »

And if we've paid £3m for Forrest's captain I can understand why Barnsley may think £1m for theirs is a bit derisory (if the numbers being mentioned are true)

There are all sorts of figures being bandied about.  Last week it was 1 million, accepted from Sheffield Wednesday.  If this is true, why should we be held to ransom just because of what we paid for someone else?

There was also the interesting comment from the Dr last week that clubs are stalling, to enable them to play the players for as long as possible.  This has to refer to Barnsley as Lansbury didn't play, likewise Rhodes.  It will be interesting to see Barnsleys team tomorrow.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2017, 02:25:58 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean.

Cleverly agreed to join us for £7 million.  Everton came in and they agreed to sign him at the end of his contract.  We ended up loaning him for £1 million or something and he left for free 9 months later.  MU lost out on the fee because Everton tapped  him.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:29:41 PM by Old Kodjia »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »
We had the option to sign him in Jan, same as Manure had the option to recall him in Jan. Both were part of his loan agreement when he joined us. He was shit so he just remained on loan to us for the rest of the season.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2017, 02:35:59 PM »
Bruce seems pretty sure this is a done deal. The boy wants to come so its just haggling over a fee, I presume.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2017, 02:37:10 PM »
We had the option to sign him in Jan, same as Manure had the option to recall him in Jan. Both were part of his loan agreement when he joined us. He was shit so he just remained on loan to us for the rest of the season.

We only had the option to buy if he would have agreed to signing, why else was the initial transfer changed to a loan AFTER he spoke with Everton?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal