collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window Rumours/Suggestions/Hearsay/Heresy/Horseplay  (Read 476851 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: January Transfer Window Rumours/Suggestions/Hearsay/Heresy/Horseplay
« Reply #1935 on: January 16, 2017, 09:31:31 AM »
Two home games on the bounce now. We will be re-energized and optimistic of reaching the playoffs again if we could win both. Bruce will know this but Preston will be confident and up for it, therefore, I think we HAVE to do business this week to blow some confidence through the team and the fans. I don't think Bruce or Xia will raise the white flag just yet.

Offline peter w

« Reply #1936 on: January 16, 2017, 09:38:15 AM »
I think we will do some business. if you don't have a goalscoring number 9 then you need runners from midfield. We have neither. We have 4 days to put at least part of that right and if we don't get two in I'd be a little surprised. one definitely. Lansbury is starting to have the Hoolihan feel to it but luckily Forest can't hold us at gunpoint knowing that he has only 6 months left on his contract. Hourihane seems to be going to, and hopefully Bree and a forward are getting closer. We need it because Preston could become pivotal to our season, and Bruce's fortunes, twice in one season.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1937 on: January 16, 2017, 09:39:58 AM »
Loaning Aly out seems a strange one to me.

Amavi is fine going forward but his defending was woeful on Saturday. Yes, he had one great run skipping over/past a few tackles but their right-side when past him on several occasions.

Not convinced Amavi has put in a full shift since Dr T spoke about rejecting a big bid...particularly defensively he had started to look a bit better but has reverted to someone who is 100% not risking getting hurt

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #1938 on: January 16, 2017, 09:54:26 AM »
Two home games on the bounce now. We will be re-energized and optimistic of reaching the playoffs again if we could win both. Bruce will know this but Preston will be confident and up for it, therefore, I think we HAVE to do business this week to blow some confidence through the team and the fans. I don't think Bruce or Xia will raise the white flag just yet.

Re-energised?

bugger me that shouldnt be difficult, i bet the lads are looking really hungry in training

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #1939 on: January 16, 2017, 12:02:25 PM »
Bringing in a midfielder from Wolfsburg

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/16/report-aston-villa-set-to-sign-anton-donkor-from-vfl-wolfsburg/
Reports in Germany are suggesting that Aston Villa are set to sign Anton Donkor from VfL Wolfsburg. It is being reported by Bild that Villa are set to sign the player after he was told first-team football was unlikely to be offered to him at the Volkswagen Arena.

It’s reported he is set to train with Aston Villa before concluding a permanent transfer.

The 19-year-old winger, full name Anton-Leander Donkor-Oppong, can play on either the right or left, but prefers the latter. He can even play through the middle.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #1940 on: January 16, 2017, 01:08:42 PM »

Amavi is fine going forward but his defending was woeful on Saturday. Yes, he had one great run skipping over/past a few tackles but their right-side when past him on several occasions.

Not convinced Amavi has put in a full shift since Dr T spoke about rejecting a big bid...particularly defensively he had started to look a bit better but has reverted to someone who is 100% not risking getting hurt

Agreed, I thought he was shocking on saturday, nowhere to be seen for their first goal.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1941 on: January 16, 2017, 01:12:25 PM »

Agreed, I thought he was shocking on saturday, nowhere to be seen for their first goal.

Did they score a second?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #1942 on: January 16, 2017, 01:16:07 PM »

Did they score a second?

I don't know i'd feel into a coma

Offline exigo

« Reply #1943 on: January 16, 2017, 01:35:00 PM »

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/16/report-aston-villa-set-to-sign-anton-donkor-from-vfl-wolfsburg/
Reports in Germany are suggesting that Aston Villa are set to sign Anton Donkor from VfL Wolfsburg. It is being reported by Bild that Villa are set to sign the player after he was told first-team football was unlikely to be offered to him at the Volkswagen Arena.

It’s reported he is set to train with Aston Villa before concluding a permanent transfer.

The 19-year-old winger, full name Anton-Leander Donkor-Oppong, can play on either the right or left, but prefers the latter. He can even play through the middle.

Good luck getting his name into a chant (even though I am positively sure that there's only one of him). Although good news for shirt letter sales.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1944 on: January 16, 2017, 01:38:19 PM »
he actually sounds like he's named after some obscure illness

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #1945 on: January 16, 2017, 01:38:37 PM »
We're now around the midway mark through the January window and I am hoping the second half of the window is a more successful than the first.

Three players out and only one player in so far is far from ideal but I am guessing the fact that everyone knows we have money to spend makes it harder for us to do business

I'm sure they are working hard to get some new players in but we need these new players in now and not in two weeks time when the window closes.

If we continue with the usual suspects in midfield and Flabby up front as we will be completely out of the play off picture by the end of the month and setting for mid table obscurity in the Championship!

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1946 on: January 16, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »

Good luck getting his name into a chant (even though I am positively sure that there's only one of him). Although good news for shirt letter sales.

A.L.D.O.
Anton Donkor is magic..

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1947 on: January 16, 2017, 01:45:10 PM »

And against Leeds and Cardiff. They definitely need to work on his defending.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1948 on: January 16, 2017, 01:50:28 PM »

This. The last 3/4 games he's gone back to being dodgy as fuck. I'd like to think it's down to a temporary blip in form but it surely cannot be a coincidence that it's coincided with the alleged 'bid' for his services.

If he has had his head turned, then I strongly suggest we take the highest offer and move on.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal