collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke not given an interview shocker  (Read 14624 times)

Online Billy Walker

Re: Dwight Yorke not given an interview shocker
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »
I have beyond Steve Hodge levels of dislike for Yorke. If I owned the Club I'd ban him from all Villa property for life.  Whenever he is a pundit for Villa games I genuinely feel like switching off, indeed, I'd rather hear a Robbie Savage or Mickey Quinn talk Villa.
I didnt realise that level of dislike existed - you MUST have a serious issue with him to prefer that cock.

I don't like the way he left or disrespected the club in the following years.  We gave him his chance and persevered with him for about three or four seasons before he blossomed and into a very good player.  Then, just as we were building, potentially, a very good side he jumps ship -  I just think he owed a little bit more loyalty to the club and fans at a very defining time.  People will say he made the right decision considering what he went on to win at Man Utd but maybe he would have won a few trophies with us if he had stuck around?

I totally understand other fans appreciating him as a player and still having a fondness for him but, for me, that sentiment is just not there.  I think part of the reason we developed the awful inferiority complex v Man Utd in the late nineties and noughties can be traced back to the very moment they tempted Yorke away from us.  His departure was a huge blow and the manner of it left a scar that took considerable time to heal.   

The fact that Yorke actually thinks he can simply get an interview for the Villa manager's job, in itself, despite having no experience as a coach, manager or anything similar strikes me as being hugely disrespectful, too.  Let's see if he throws his hat in the ring for the Man Utd job when Mourinho gets the boot.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2016, 12:48:00 PM »
Yep, I'd have no problem with Yorke sometime in the future managing us if he'd proved himself elsewhere first.  I'm also fully aware that if he did a good job for us he'd be "highly delighted" to be linked to a bigger club and gone like a shot if something like that came up.

Which is the reason why he should never be our manager. If Xia genuinely has huge plans for Villa I would hope the likes of Yorke never get a sniff of the Villa job. 

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2016, 12:53:45 PM »
I have beyond Steve Hodge levels of dislike for Yorke. If I owned the Club I'd ban him from all Villa property for life.  Whenever he is a pundit for Villa games I genuinely feel like switching off, indeed, I'd rather hear a Robbie Savage or Mickey Quinn talk Villa.
I didnt realise that level of dislike existed - you MUST have a serious issue with him to prefer that cock.

I don't like the way he left or disrespected the club in the following years.  We gave him his chance and persevered with him for about three or four seasons before he blossomed and into a very good player.  Then, just as we were building, potentially, a very good side he jumps ship -  I just think he owed a little bit more loyalty to the club and fans at a very defining time.  People will say he made the right decision considering what he went on to win at Man Utd but maybe he would have won a few trophies with us if he had stuck around?

I totally understand other fans appreciating him as a player and still having a fondness for him but, for me, that sentiment is just not there.  I think part of the reason we developed the awful inferiority complex v Man Utd in the late nineties and noughties can be traced back to the very moment they tempted Yorke away from us.  His departure was a huge blow and the manner of it left a scar that took considerable time to heal.   

The fact that Yorke actually thinks he can simply get an interview for the Villa manager's job, in itself, despite having no experience as a coach, manager or anything similar strikes me as being hugely disrespectful, too.  Let's see if he throws his hat in the ring for the Man Utd job when Mourinho gets the boot.

no no, your right he is a snivelling little turd of absolutely no consequence. maybe he would get more of a welcome at sha, from comments he has made, there well suited.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2016, 01:15:11 PM »
He'd already scored about 35 goals by the time Brian took over despite Atkinson often sticking him on the wing and dropping him as soon Saunders and Dalian were fit, not sure we were "persevering" with him. He was here 9 years but still owed us more loyalty?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2016, 01:46:57 PM »
Brilliant player, but needs to actually try and prove himself or show any inclination to develop his coaching before he gets a big job.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2016, 01:59:27 PM »

He was still a great player for us so I gloss over the punditry stuff....when was the last time he covered a game for us?

Mind you to totally contradict myself I can't stand David Platt for the same reasons! Most negative ex villa player in the media imo unless someone can come up with a better example beyond these two.

Ray Houghton.  The few times I've seen him punditing on our matches he's been downright hateful. Miserable looking bugger too.  Does anyone know what awful thing the club did to him to have him despise is so much?

I thought Ray was pretty misreable about us in the MON years but actually in the last few years he seems to have started bigging us up again as we've become much worse for some reason.

Bosnich is another one who's not overly positive about us when he's on TS but then again these guys did play for us during our glory days of the 90s so they know how big we should be and how poor we are nowadays.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2016, 02:02:06 PM »
Brilliant player, but needs to actually try and prove himself or show any inclination to develop his coaching before he gets a big job.

Good job for him to take I think would be Trinidad and Tobago. Try and get them to a world cup (not impossible as they played in the 2006 one and Concacaf isn't that impossible region to qualify from).

Do that and clubs from europe will show an interest.

MLS might be an option aswell. Vieria is managing there and getting linked to Man. City and Arsenal.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2016, 04:27:57 PM »
He'd already scored about 35 goals by the time Brian took over despite Atkinson often sticking him on the wing and dropping him as soon Saunders and Dalian were fit, not sure we were "persevering" with him. He was here 9 years but still owed us more loyalty?

My memory isn't what it used to be but I'm sure Yorke was very hit and miss (mainly miss) for us in his first few years.  I think I recall Tommy Docherty writing in the local press something like, "If he ever makes it as a professional footballer then I'm Mao Tse-tung." 

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2016, 09:48:37 PM »
He became a top class forward under Brian Little.

Hit and miss before that.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2016, 09:55:19 PM »
I reckon starting every game and not being shunted to the wing is the main reason he became a more consistent goalscorer. And I think how well he worked with Savo gets a bit overlooked. Savo, and Charles the first season, set up a lot of his goals.

Offline dubaivillain

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2016, 10:12:13 PM »

He was still a great player for us so I gloss over the punditry stuff....when was the last time he covered a game for us?

Mind you to totally contradict myself I can't stand David Platt for the same reasons! Most negative ex villa player in the media imo unless someone can come up with a better example beyond these two.

Ray Houghton.  The few times I've seen him punditing on our matches he's been downright hateful. Miserable looking bugger too.  Does anyone know what awful thing the club did to him to have him despise is so much?

I thought Ray was pretty misreable about us in the MON years but actually in the last few years he seems to have started bigging us up again as we've become much worse for some reason.

Bosnich is another one who's not overly positive about us when he's on TS but then again these guys did play for us during our glory days of the 90s so they know how big we should be and how poor we are nowadays.

Bosnich tends to talk as if he spent his whole career at Chelsea.  And talks  like he had a glittering career there too.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2016, 10:22:00 PM »

Houghton interview here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03hbbkb in it he doesn't speak badly of the club in fact ends with "sad decline of a massive club". Think it was in Jan when Garde didn't get any funds.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2016, 11:03:48 PM »

I think part of the reason we developed the awful inferiority complex v Man Utd in the late nineties and noughties can be traced back to the very moment they tempted Yorke away from us.  His departure was a huge blow and the manner of it left a scar that took considerable time to heal.

Not being facetious but it could be argued that our inferiority complex towards ManUre began earlier, on that fateful afternoon a certain Mr Bruce helped to take the title away from us.

Also, as devastating as Dwight's departure was, we seemed to get over it pretty quickly as we spent the next six months around or at the top of the table. Inevitably it went to shit but I think we were cursing Collymore's troubles more and he was the big "If only..." rather than Yorke.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2016, 11:07:36 PM »
I will never forgive Yorke for his non performance at Everton on opening game of season to force his move to Man Ure, compare that to James Milners v West Ham when he was going to Man City. Didn't he also say he was joining the biggest club in the City when he joined the sty? Anyone who says that should only be allowed to use plastic knives and forks, let alone manage a great football club

Online The Charmer

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2016, 11:19:51 PM »

Bosnich tends to talk as if he spent his whole career at Chelsea.  And talks  like he had a glittering career there too.

Shows you what cocaine can do to your memory, I guess,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal