collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by N'ZMAV
[Today at 09:11:24 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 09:10:47 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by caster troy
[Today at 09:07:52 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:06:38 AM]

Re: Leon Bailey - signed by Astnor
[Today at 09:04:02 AM]

Re: Press-ing on a bit by Legion
[Today at 09:03:15 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by caster troy
[Today at 09:01:27 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by rougegorge
[Today at 08:59:15 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke not given an interview shocker  (Read 14633 times)

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: Dwight Yorke not given an interview shocker
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2016, 11:39:07 PM »
He'll always be a bit of a footballing hero for me despite everything.  A truly superb player.

No where near currently qualified for the Villa job though.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2016, 06:48:54 AM »
He'll always be a bit of a footballing hero for me despite everything.  A truly superb player.

No where near currently qualified for the Villa job though.

This. Plus he first give the impression of having the right temperament.

I remember when Merson started managing Walsall and you just thought "really?!"

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2016, 07:29:28 AM »
I wonder if he sent a text when Man Ure were looking for a replacement for LVG.  After all, it was their badge he loved kissing.  If one is going to fantasise about one's qualifications, do it properly.  If he is going to claim the colour of his skin is holding him back, he might as well claim it is holding him back from the management of Yanited.

Anyroadup Citeh are probably looking for a new manager this morning.  He can drop them a text.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2016, 10:15:11 AM »
There are 92 clubs in football in main 4 division and there are say 150 players who played for each team plus overseas coaches there are very few opportunities. If he really want to manage a football club, he can use his wealth to buy the like of York City or Port Vale whatever then be owner/manager.  He also could consider coaching youth team and make a name for himself.  Don't tell us what you are interested in or want, just do something to prove yourself. If I was a chairman/owner I wouldn't be interested in rookies for managers job.

Good idea. Rename the club "Yorke City", too.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2016, 10:18:48 AM »
Do I think there is some form of racism in football? Yes

Do I think this had any bearing on Dwight 'zero English management experience' Yorke not getting an interview at a club this size, aspiring to be Premier League again? Not a chance

Online Lucky Eddie

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2016, 10:22:38 AM »
Hundreds of people applying for a handful of jobs driving trains, Asda having a three interview process including group team building exercises and psychological personality testing to stack shelves and Yorkie thinks he's being unfairly treated following his text message application.

They really do live in another world don't they!

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2016, 12:25:20 PM »
Despite everything he's done since he left, I can't get over the fact he's the best player Villa have ever had since I started going to Villa Park.

And because of that, I can't bring myself to think of him as a bit of a bellend.

What a player he was.

C'mon though, Dwight, it was never going to happen.

I'm in this camp too.  If he was serious about getting into coaching, I'd be delighted if he were to coach our youth sides.  I imagine for the younger players he'd be great Villa Icon to have around the place.
Same goes for Ugo who now coaches Spurs under 23's and Daley who is fitness at Wolves.

Online Lucky Eddie

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2016, 12:42:22 PM »
Despite everything he's done since he left, I can't get over the fact he's the best player Villa have ever had since I started going to Villa Park.

And because of that, I can't bring myself to think of him as a bit of a bellend.

What a player he was.

C'mon though, Dwight, it was never going to happen.

I'm in this camp too.  If he was serious about getting into coaching, I'd be delighted if he were to coach our youth sides.  I imagine for the younger players he'd be great Villa Icon to have around the place.
Same goes for Ugo who now coaches Spurs under 23's and Daley who is fitness at Wolves.

He left us 18 years ago and left old trafford 14 years ago.

Regardless of how highly I may have once regarded him he's no icon to anyone in our youth system.

I think you might be surprised at how few of our youth players would have heard of him.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2016, 01:15:36 PM »
I have beyond Steve Hodge levels of dislike for Yorke. If I owned the Club I'd ban him from all Villa property for life.  Whenever he is a pundit for Villa games I genuinely feel like switching off, indeed, I'd rather hear a Robbie Savage or Mickey Quinn talk Villa.
I didnt realise that level of dislike existed - you MUST have a serious issue with him to prefer that cock.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2016, 07:43:59 PM »
I have beyond Steve Hodge levels of dislike for Yorke. If I owned the Club I'd ban him from all Villa property for life.  Whenever he is a pundit for Villa games I genuinely feel like switching off, indeed, I'd rather hear a Robbie Savage or Mickey Quinn talk Villa.

He was still a great player for us so I gloss over the punditry stuff....when was the last time he covered a game for us?

Mind you to totally contradict myself I can't stand David Platt for the same reasons! Most negative ex villa player in the media imo unless someone can come up with a better example beyond these two.

Online Lucky Eddie

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2016, 03:18:40 AM »

He was still a great player for us so I gloss over the punditry stuff....when was the last time he covered a game for us?

Mind you to totally contradict myself I can't stand David Platt for the same reasons! Most negative ex villa player in the media imo unless someone can come up with a better example beyond these two.

I blame Doug.

He did nothing to endear his players to us for twenty years.

Offline dubaivillain

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2016, 04:21:49 AM »

Ray Houghton.  The few times I've seen him punditing on our matches he's been downright hateful. Miserable looking bugger too.  Does anyone know what awful thing the club did to him to have him despise is so much?

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2016, 07:01:25 AM »

Ray Houghton.  The few times I've seen him punditing on our matches he's been downright hateful. Miserable looking bugger too.  Does anyone know what awful thing the club did to him to have him despise is so much?

doug allegedley amended his contract after he had signed it

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2016, 09:33:53 AM »
Look, he was barracked non-stop by Villa fana when we played ManUre that time so he was pretty wound-up after scoring. Don't dish it out of you can't take it. He clearly cares a lot about the club which is evident in his punditry and desire to manage us. He was the most complete footballer that perhaps ever played for us so just get some experience and you can lead us to the FA Cup in a few years.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2016, 09:57:17 AM »
Yep, I'd have no problem with Yorke sometime in the future managing us if he'd proved himself elsewhere first.  I'm also fully aware that if he did a good job for us he'd be "highly delighted" to be linked to a bigger club and gone like a shot if something like that came up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal