collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 397109 times)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #3105 on: February 18, 2017, 12:23:02 AM »
Christ, Bruce is now banging on about Micah Richards being a certainty to start when he's fit. Does Bruce even want the job any more?!

Brain damage, that's all it can be.

I am beginning to wonder if he has access to last years match videos. I mean a few hours of his time would answer all his questions about Richards, Gabby etc.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3106 on: February 18, 2017, 12:28:23 AM »
There are very few Villa players I've actually hated, I've even stuck up for Gabby due the years of lack of service but apart from N'Zogbia, Richards is right up there, top of the list and I was there to witness Hodge. Bruce will lose whatever patience I have left remaining if he thinks Richards can ever pull on a claret & blue shirt again. The man-child is an absolute waster. Don't even think it, Steve.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3107 on: February 18, 2017, 12:36:25 AM »
Hopefully both of them will be chancing it at some other mug club next season.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3108 on: February 18, 2017, 06:45:00 AM »
I can, just about take a Bruce-knows-best-the-fans-can-just-suck-it-up attitude towards Gabby but if he is going to pull the same trick with Richards my vote for giving Bruce a bit more time will become a vote for getting rid of him.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 07:30:31 AM by brian green »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3109 on: February 18, 2017, 07:07:18 AM »
Steve's decent into madness has well and truly begun - it's now only a matter of time before he goes.

Offline Rico

« Reply #3110 on: February 18, 2017, 09:28:16 AM »
I want Steve Bruce to succeed, I really do, but for McGrath's sake! Micah Richards. Don't do it Steve, just Don't! You already pissed off a fair proportion of the fan base by bringing fat boy Gabby back, but please just don't go there with this bloke.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #3111 on: February 18, 2017, 09:56:25 AM »
Steve's decent into madness has well and truly begun - it's now only a matter of time before he goes.
You may well be right

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #3112 on: February 18, 2017, 10:12:35 AM »
I really dislike Micah and think Big Steve's lost it if he brings him back.

But I'm not sure if the consensus of this forum always aligns with the wider support at home but also particularly away.

For me Hutton stinks as a player. But when I went to the Brentford game, not all but a fair few of the fans seem to be right behind him. There's even a song for him.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3113 on: February 18, 2017, 10:20:03 AM »
He's big he's tattooed

He's always being booed.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #3114 on: February 18, 2017, 10:24:35 AM »

But I'm not sure if the consensus of this forum always aligns with the wider support at home but also particularly away.

For me Hutton stinks as a player. But when I went to the Brentford game, not all but a fair few of the fans seem to be right behind him. There's even a song for him.

I know what you mean, i think Hutton is gash too but there was a few renditions of the 500 miles song in the Holte against Barnsley, this was when the score was 1-3. he seems to have a bit of a cult hero status amongst some of our support, I'm guessing its because of his effort.

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #3115 on: February 18, 2017, 10:30:45 AM »
He's big he's tattooed

He's always being booed.

😆👍

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #3116 on: February 18, 2017, 10:44:36 AM »
You have to start with a baseline assumption that the manager always knows better than the fan base, he is the one paid hundreds of thousands to deliver and should have broad experience and relationships to make him better placed than the masses to make it happen. If not, why not just have a popular vote on signings, tactics, substitutions, etc.
HOWEVER, we seem to be intent on employing managers who choose to make absurd decisions and statements that, at the very least, undermine the views of the support.
Bruce doesn't need to delve too far into the past to make a call on Richards - highlights of the Luton game alone should suffice!!
He does seem set on a shit or bust approach at Villa in terms of decision making. And we know which way that usually ends up.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #3117 on: February 18, 2017, 11:19:49 AM »

I know what you mean, i think Hutton is gash too but there was a few renditions of the 500 miles song in the Holte against Barnsley, this was when the score was 1-3. he seems to have a bit of a cult hero status amongst some of our support, I'm guessing its because of his effort.

I like him. He gives his all and looks as though he cares. He also never hides. If some of those with more ability showed the same attitude and application then we might not be having such a tough time.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #3118 on: February 18, 2017, 12:01:18 PM »
I can't recall a Villa player I have ever disliked more than Micah Richards.

If Bruce picks him again I want his P45 issued before kick off.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #3119 on: February 18, 2017, 12:09:56 PM »
I can't recall a Villa player I have ever disliked more than Micah Richards.

If Bruce picks him again I want his P45 issued before kick off.
Turning to the likes of Richards is a sign of desperation and signals the end of the road. No coincidence that things turned to shit once Gabby came back into the fold and we started to show the same frailties as last season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal