collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:14:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:12:54 PM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396675 times)

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #3090 on: February 16, 2017, 02:48:09 PM »
The stats from that article:

Offline wince

« Reply #3091 on: February 16, 2017, 06:23:17 PM »
I say stick for now. Weather the storm and see if we can turn things around. I know we have had some shit times but the turnaround of managers becomes comical and lets be fair, what manager will want to come here knowing that since Mr mumbles, no manager has lasted longer than about 9 months? I have faith in Bruce more than I did with the others. What we need is a playing style and an attitude that gets us winning. The elements are there but the formula just isn't right. We are where we are because we deserve to be here. However changing managers hasn't worked for us on more than one occasion and some stability and time are needed. I mentioned in another post its up to Bruce. I just want to get begin the boys and get us winning games again.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #3092 on: February 16, 2017, 09:03:25 PM »
Lies, damned lies and statistics !
If RDM had bought a midfield, they would be well integrated by now and even if he had still been dumped, SB would have had a better platform from which to star and to progress.
Now he's having to do it all from scratch again........and I still say his "backroom staff " are not good enough to keep him in this job. It's not him IMHO.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3093 on: February 17, 2017, 03:58:34 AM »
Lies, damned lies and statistics !
If RDM had bought a midfield, they would be well integrated by now and even if he had still been dumped, SB would have had a better platform from which to star and to progress.
Now he's having to do it all from scratch again........and I still say his "backroom staff " are not good enough to keep him in this job. It's not him IMHO.
So who appointed the backroom stafff?
Who instructs the "backroom staff"?
What do you know about the responsibilities of the "back room staff"?
Please enlighten us.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 04:07:36 AM by ChicagoLion »

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3094 on: February 17, 2017, 04:09:11 AM »

Absurd comparison time frames designed to show bruce in the worst possible light. If you took Bruces first 11 games he would be one of the best managers we have had.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3095 on: February 17, 2017, 09:56:12 AM »
The time frame is entirely to highlight how poor things have been for the last 2 months, that we've been so bad that's it's unavoidable that it makes Bruce look bad is pretty much impossible.  If you have such a problem though we can compare their entire records.  Bruce's overall record is barely a step up on any of the previous 5 managers (back to McLeish) and is falling back all the time.  Bruce had an amazing start and it's only a completely unsustainable collapse in form that could've led to people being so unhappy, graphics that highlight just have far things have dropped are simply highlighting how much of a mess we've been since the start of December.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #3096 on: February 17, 2017, 10:03:52 AM »

Absurd comparison time frames designed to show bruce in the worst possible light. If you took Bruces first 11 games he would be one of the best managers we have had.

its not really absurd though is it, managers are only ever as good as their most recent results, that's why people like Wenger are under pressure etc

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #3097 on: February 17, 2017, 10:11:35 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2017/feb/16/aston-villa-relegation-championship-steve-bruce-league-one?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_WhatsApp

Decent article I think... kinda lays the stats out anyway.... If he had started the season I'd say he'd be gone already.
That might be true who knows? Fact is we're on our second manager this season. Another sacking would be desperation time and imho a big mistake. I really think we have to hold our nerve and things will change for the better.
Bit like in poker.

I've a feeling that a right gubbing at St James' Park will see B
https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2017/feb/16/aston-villa-relegation-championship-steve-bruce-league-one?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_WhatsApp

Decent article I think... kinda lays the stats out anyway.... If he had started the season I'd say he'd be gone already.
That might be true who knows? Fact is we're on our second manager this season. Another sacking would be desperation time and imho a big mistake. I really think we have to hold our nerve and things will change for the better.
Bit like in poker.

I've a feeling that a right gubbing at St James' Park will see Bruce's chips being had. Given the likelihood of a pasting, I think Bruce will do well to avoid a nervous breakdown after the deluge of shit that'll be coming his way (and that's just from the Jardees).
. Given the likelihood of a pasting, I think Bruce will do well to avoid a nervous breakdown after the deluge of shit that'll be coming his way (and that's just from the Jardees).

Providing he gets to have them with mixed meat and chilli sauce, i dont think he will be too bothered
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:13:34 AM by mattjpa »

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #3098 on: February 17, 2017, 10:12:40 AM »
DP
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:15:38 AM by mattjpa »

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #3099 on: February 17, 2017, 10:09:49 PM »
Hi Chicago Lion.
I must freely admit to not " knowing " his backroom staff, personally and otherwise I would be able to answer you more clearly, but I think it is perhaps indicative of SB's desire to be " seen " as being " hands-on " that he strongly mentioned it in his interview on the official site and (perhaps) convinced them to post a photo of himself (only) in " coaching garb " to indicate as much.
He also said he knows fully about all the crap that has surrounded Villa in recent years because he lives in the area and couldn't miss it. So he knows we are not fickle, as such. He is taking steps to position himself as Action Man.
I truly hope he succeeds and I believe he ultimately will..........but changes need to be made IMO.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3100 on: February 17, 2017, 11:30:58 PM »
Christ, Bruce is now banging on about Micah Richards being a certainty to start when he's fit. Does Bruce even want the job any more?!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3101 on: February 17, 2017, 11:36:27 PM »

It's almost as if the way we are playing at the moment is more important than how we were playing three months ago.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3102 on: February 17, 2017, 11:37:44 PM »
Christ, Bruce is now banging on about Micah Richards being a certainty to start when he's fit. Does Bruce even want the job any more?!

Doesn't look like it does it. Worse record than RDM AND he thinks that Richards is a saviour. Deranged thinking, fast losing the plot. 

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3103 on: February 17, 2017, 11:48:09 PM »

It's almost as if the way we are playing at the moment is more important than how we were playing three months ago.

Of course it is. But deliberately hiding his actual record is just sleazy af.

I think the man should be out and there is no need to hide his good results to make that case.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3104 on: February 18, 2017, 12:20:48 AM »

Brain damage, that's all it can be.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal