collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396755 times)

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1050 on: October 30, 2016, 10:39:52 PM »
yeah and if we get the same performances and not the results? you'll be moaning like me :0)

He wouldn't though, would he? He'd be moaning because of results and performances, rather than moaning after a run of four games undefeated because the new manager hasn't mysteriously transformed a side who hadn't won two games together in months into playing like Barcelona.

ah but he hasn't transformed the perforamances has he. we're still as shit as under RDM , just not losing so much

Do you bother to read the post you're replying to or do you just have your response ready to go whatever is posted?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1051 on: October 30, 2016, 10:42:22 PM »
The object of football is to win games. We win more now than we did under Di Matteo. Therefore we're nowhere near as shit. Or so common sense would dictate.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #1052 on: October 30, 2016, 10:44:55 PM »
I think some of us believe that the object of the game is to make fans happy. And so we can set the bar wherever we like, to make ourselves feel special.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1053 on: October 30, 2016, 10:46:31 PM »
yeah and if we get the same performances and not the results? you'll be moaning like me :0)

He wouldn't though, would he? He'd be moaning because of results and performances, rather than moaning after a run of four games undefeated because the new manager hasn't mysteriously transformed a side who hadn't won two games together in months into playing like Barcelona.

ah but he hasn't transformed the perforamances has he. we're still as shit as under RDM , just not losing so much

Do you bother to read the post you're replying to or do you just have your response ready to go whatever is posted?

i'm sorry but you seem to think winning howoever badly you play is some sort of strategy for long term improvement. My point is it isn't and playing shite for 3 out 4 games but getting a result is possibly the daftest basis of optimism evoh.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1054 on: October 30, 2016, 10:48:18 PM »
I dread to think what will happen if we go on a bad run.  He is our last hope as far as I'm concerned.  God help us if we hound him out.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1055 on: October 30, 2016, 10:49:21 PM »

ah but he hasn't transformed the performances has he. we're still as shit as under RDM , just not losing so much
Shit as under RDM ...that's a sick comment and it beggars belief.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #1056 on: October 30, 2016, 10:51:14 PM »

i'm sorry but you seem to think winning howoever badly you play is some sort of strategy for long term improvement. My point is it isn't and playing shite for 3 out 4 games but getting a result is possibly the daftest basis of optimism evoh.
My head is spinning

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1057 on: October 30, 2016, 10:56:27 PM »

Just a quiet word but you sound utterly ludicrous right now. People are trying to politely point out that your logic, if indeed that's what it even is, is flawed.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1058 on: October 30, 2016, 10:57:03 PM »
its's simple. you don't tend to win a league constantly playing badly and winning. Please point me to a team who played arse all season according to their fans and won the league. At some point they played well, no? If you think we've run over the opposition in the last 4 games by somehow giving them all the possession  and letting them miss open goals and putting our one chance in, then indeed Bruce is a genius.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1059 on: October 30, 2016, 10:57:22 PM »
Whats that Fergie line someone mentioned the other day? The more we train the luckier we are or something? Seems applicable here.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1060 on: October 30, 2016, 11:00:55 PM »
its's simple. you don't tend to win a league constantly playing badly and winning. Please point me to a team who played arse all season according to their fans and won the league.

Please point me to a team who have been shit for five seasons and then magically transformed into Barcelona in a fortnight.

Or maybe, just maybe, putting some points on the board whatever way possible is the first step. Thus giving the players some confidence and starting to improve performances.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1061 on: October 30, 2016, 11:11:32 PM »
its's simple. you don't tend to win a league constantly playing badly and winning. Please point me to a team who played arse all season according to their fans and won the league.

Please point me to a team who have been shit for five seasons and then magically transformed into Barcelona in a fortnight.

Or maybe, just maybe, putting some points on the board whatever way possible is the first step. Thus giving the players some confidence and starting to improve performances.

yes we're playing arse to get some confidence. i get it. now tell me bruce is going to play like barca or even bournemouth once he gets the team up to scratch. of course not, this is what he does. I'm sorry but a bruce side is never going to dominate possession unless they add in the time it spends 20 foot in the air

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1062 on: October 30, 2016, 11:19:12 PM »
Anyway it doesn't really matter. I will continue moaning about his limited talents and you will defend him. And if he succeeds then kudos to you, and if he fails, well i'm sure someone will claim i wanted him to fail ;)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1063 on: October 30, 2016, 11:26:46 PM »

yes we're playing arse to get some confidence. i get it. now tell me bruce is going to play like barca or even bournemouth once he gets the team up to scratch. of course not, this is what he does. I'm sorry but a bruce side is never going to dominate possession unless they add in the time it spends 20 foot in the air

No, we're getting results to gain confidence and until points are awarded for possession I'll stick with the old-fashioned approach that they're gained by scoring either as many or more goals than the opposition.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 11:59:30 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1064 on: October 30, 2016, 11:29:56 PM »
Anyway it doesn't really matter. I will continue moaning about his limited talents and you will defend him. And if he succeeds then kudos to you, and if he fails, well i'm sure someone will claim i wanted him to fail ;)

I can see your viewpoint but it's a little miserable. My only advice is find a lady with big boobs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal