collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396601 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #1035 on: October 30, 2016, 09:51:21 PM »
Christ Almighty. No accounting for his tactical nouce in the previous games then? Or no doubt you'll just write that off as good luck

meh. my view is of his games in charge

wolves - fluked a draw
reading -fluked a win
fulham - deserved win
blose - fluked a draw

Of course it's fluke, I mean it's weird that for the first time in years we have a manager who has a tactical plan and we've started taking a decent tally of points, but obviously it's fluke.

So fluked our best run for feels like five years? Keep it up Steve, good work

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1036 on: October 30, 2016, 09:54:13 PM »
Christ Almighty. No accounting for his tactical nouce in the previous games then? Or no doubt you'll just write that off as good luck

wolves - fluked a draw
reading -fluked a win
fulham - deserved win
blose - fluked a draw

Of course it's fluke, I mean it's weird that for the first time in years we have a manager who has a tactical plan and we've started taking a decent tally of points, but obviously it's fluke.

is anyone claiming we played well in those games?
 hell is anyone claiming we played well today?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:56:23 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #1037 on: October 30, 2016, 09:56:12 PM »

wolves - fluked a draw
reading -fluked a win
fulham - deserved win
blose - fluked a draw

Quite frankly I couldn't give a toss. Where we are now its points on the board  that matter
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:58:35 PM by VillaAlways »

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1038 on: October 30, 2016, 09:58:55 PM »

wolves - fluked a draw
reading -fluked a win
fulham - deserved win
blose - fluked a draw

Quite frankly I couldn't give a toss. Where we are its points on the board  that matter

yeah and if we get the same performances and not the results? you'll be moaning like me :0)

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #1039 on: October 30, 2016, 10:03:17 PM »
Unlikely with SB record in the Championship, the likelihood is that we will get better so chin up eh

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1040 on: October 30, 2016, 10:06:22 PM »
well hopefully he can wing it till the transfer window because that midfield is bad and no amount of moving people around is going to cure it

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #1041 on: October 30, 2016, 10:07:25 PM »
well hopefully he can wing it till the transfer window because that midfield is bad and no amount moving people around is going to cure it
Exactly

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1042 on: October 30, 2016, 10:07:54 PM »
We should sack him for not sorting out the midfield problem in the summer.

Offline myf

« Reply #1043 on: October 30, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »
He's been in charge for about 20 days, had 4 games and we've take 2 points per game. Won am away game after about 15 months.

Forget the performances and enjoy the run. Seems to me like there's good team spirit under Bruce which has led to the results. Is that luck? No its good management.

Certainly feels like a positive change to me.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1044 on: October 30, 2016, 10:32:35 PM »
We should sack him for not sorting out the midfield problem in the summer.

Yep I agree. He's should be gone, we haven't lost in 4 games but it's just fluke so best cut our losses.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1045 on: October 30, 2016, 10:34:36 PM »
He's been in charge for about 20 days, had 4 games and we've take 2 points per game. Won am away game after about 15 months.

Forget the performances and enjoy the run. Seems to me like there's good team spirit under Bruce which has led to the results. Is that luck? No its good management.

yeah he's obviously broken the curse as i see it. I think that's entirely down to him, and lets face it a lot of our problems in the past 2 seasons have been in the head of the shite players rather than the shite players themselves. My point is if your winning games and the opposition are getting 60-70% of possesion then you're not really in the game as i see it, and certainly not dominating.Can you get promoted hardly touching the ball and scoring on the break?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1046 on: October 30, 2016, 10:34:54 PM »
yeah and if we get the same performances and not the results? you'll be moaning like me :0)

He wouldn't though, would he? He'd be moaning because of results and performances, rather than moaning after a run of four games undefeated because the new manager hasn't mysteriously transformed a side who hadn't won two games together in months into playing like Barcelona.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #1047 on: October 30, 2016, 10:37:20 PM »

yeah he's obviously broken the curse as i see it. I think that's entirely down to him, and lets face it a lot of our problems in the bast 2 seasons have been in the head of the shite players rather than the shite players themselves. My point is if your winning games and the opposition are getting 60-70% of possesion then you're not really in the game as i see it, and certainly not dominating.Can you get promoted hardly touching the ball and scoring on the break?
Like Leicester winning the PL?

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1048 on: October 30, 2016, 10:38:06 PM »

He wouldn't though, would he? He'd be moaning because of results and performances, rather than moaning after a run of four games undefeated because the new manager hasn't mysteriously transformed a side who hadn't won two games together in months into playing like Barcelona.

ah but he hasn't transformed the performances has he. we're still as shit as under RDM , just not losing so much
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 10:41:02 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #1049 on: October 30, 2016, 10:39:44 PM »
I give up

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal