collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396547 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #990 on: October 30, 2016, 06:34:41 PM »
Yeah today wasn't the day to judge playing style

I'm pleased with the points tally of course and that was the most important thing

But I don't think you can say we've played good attacking football in any of the four games. Hopefully that will come.

I can't imagine us ever playing good attacking football under Bruce. He may get us promoted and to be fair that's why people wanted him, but its grim fare and looks ill-equipped to handle the premier

No wonder you call yourself sickbeggar, why not just WUM ?

I'm not sure you can call me a wum  unless you think we've been playing like Barca since he arrived. And IMO he doesn't do good attacking football whoever he's managed

He's turning things around in the short time he's had with RDM's team. It's results that count & thats what he's getting us . . . So far

thats a totally different arguement. He gets results so far -yep i agree. His football is shit doing it is my arguement

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #991 on: October 30, 2016, 06:38:56 PM »
Not impressed with him today, the midfield was far too deep and gave the ball away at every juncture. He should have done better.

Offline the-farmer

• GM : Nov, 2013
« Reply #992 on: October 30, 2016, 06:43:47 PM »
Not impressed with him today, the midfield was far too deep and gave the ball away at every juncture. He should have done better.

Was the priority today not losing ?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #993 on: October 30, 2016, 06:47:20 PM »

Was the priority today not losing ?

Maybe but as the game became clear and that they were really poor, we should have gone for it and done better. We really were hesitant all game, if we'd have stepped it up we could have won at a canter. As it was we hung on.

Offline nigel

« Reply #994 on: October 30, 2016, 06:50:23 PM »

I'm pleased with the points tally of course and that was the most important thing

But I don't think you can say we've played good attacking football in any of the four games. Hopefully that will come.

I can't imagine us ever playing good attacking football under Bruce. He may get us promoted and to be fair that's why people wanted him, but its grim fare and looks ill-equipped to handle the premier

I'm not sure you can call me a wum  unless you think we've been playing like Barca since he arrived. And IMO he doesn't do good attacking football whoever he's managed

He's turning things around in the short time he's had with RDM's team. It's results that count & thats what he's getting us . . . So far

thats a totally different arguement. He gets results so far -yep i agree. His football is shit doing it is my arguement

Start by getting  the right results, then work on the other stuff.
It's actually quite nice that we appear to be playing a system rather than 10 ad hoc outfield players

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #995 on: October 30, 2016, 06:52:19 PM »
It was good to hear Bruce say the Paul Clemence would be happy with the goal as we'd been practicing free kicks yesterday.

Hopefully this coming week we can work on our passing. Baby steps.

I'm just amazed to hear we are finally cottoning on that practicing stuff can be important.

I have this vision of Bruce walking over to a locked gate at the edge of the training facilities, opening it up with a creak of rust and then all the players gasping "oooh" as they see goals with posts and lines painted on the ground.

"So we dont need to use our jumpers then boss?"

"No lad, here is another thing. We can spend all day taking free kicks, throw ins or even corners in here and nobody will ask us to leave like they do down the playing fields!"

"Bloody hell gaffer!"

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #996 on: October 30, 2016, 07:20:02 PM »
Blues are a poor side but have people forgotten how fucking terrible we've been? Before Bruce arrived we'd been hammered by Preston, he's had four matches and although we haven't been playing teams off the park we're unbeaten. Not sure quite what people are expecting after such a short space of time?

Offline achilles

« Reply #997 on: October 30, 2016, 07:25:32 PM »
Can't believe some of the crap said on here!

We have been shit for absolutely ages, we have had 4 managers (including caretakers) since October 2015 all bloody useless, during that time we have P44 W4 D15 L25, won 4 f**king games!

Then Bruce comes in, not one of these players has he bought, yet in 4 games he is unbeaten with 2 wins and 2 draws, yet for some people that is still not good enough because we aren't playing like Barcelona yet!

Give the bloke a bit of credit for what he has achieved in the extremely short time he has been here, he is stuck with the players he has inherited for now, so he has to play players that the fans (due to past endevours) aren't happy about but that is not Bruce's fault!

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #998 on: October 30, 2016, 07:29:36 PM »

We have been shit for absolutely ages, we have had 4 managers (including caretakers) since October 2015 all bloody useless, during that time we have P44 W4 D15 L25, won 4 f**king games!

Then Bruce comes in, not one of these players has he bought, yet in 4 games he is unbeaten with 2 wins and 2 draws, yet for some people that is still not good enough because we aren't playing like Barcelona yet!

Give the bloke a bit of credit for what he has achieved in the extremely short time he has been here, he is stuck with the players he has inherited for now, so he has to play players that the fans (due to past endevours) aren't happy about but that is not Bruce's fault!
Totally agree

Offline LeeB

« Reply #999 on: October 30, 2016, 07:30:59 PM »

Amen.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1000 on: October 30, 2016, 07:35:57 PM »

Yeah, we've been treated to a weekly Pep Guardiola masterclass of football for the last six years.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1001 on: October 30, 2016, 07:36:45 PM »
Bruce made two mistakes today: 1) starting Westwood and 2) not changing it soon enough when we were against it second half. That said, making only two mistakes in one game is practically a new club best since 2010, so I'm not too worried. It happens.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #1002 on: October 30, 2016, 07:40:13 PM »
Bruce made two mistakes today: 1) starting Westwood and 2) not changing it soon enough when we were against it second half. That said, making only two mistakes in one game is practically a new club best since 2010, so I'm not too worried. It happens.

I hope Westwood is the mistake you sometimes have to make to ensure you never, ever make it again.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1003 on: October 30, 2016, 07:41:01 PM »
Hopefully yeah, Westwood has made his money out of us, never took the piss, just been consistently shit. A parting of the ways is long overdue now.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1004 on: October 30, 2016, 07:42:21 PM »
I hope Westwood is the mistake you sometimes have to make to ensure you never, ever make it again.
You mean a bit like that girl in the canteen?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal