collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 12:44:12 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Re: Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396785 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #975 on: October 30, 2016, 05:25:50 PM »
Sorry but that's nonsense. We're much more solid and mentally stronger since Bruce took over.

nah they missed 2 or 3 sitters today. if RDM was here they would have been in the net - nothing about being more solid, just luck

In most games teams will miss the odd good chance regardless of how much the opposition is in control of the game. Them missing a couple of chances doesn't mean that we're not a stronger unit under Bruce, who has literally been here a few weeks, than we were at any point under RDM.

well i wouldn't say we were much in control today, especially 2nd half.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #976 on: October 30, 2016, 05:35:39 PM »
Couldn't locate a stream for the Reading and Fulham games so only found out the score after the match.

Perhaps that is the perfect way to watch a Steve Bruce team if today is anything to go by.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #977 on: October 30, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »
It was good to hear Bruce say the Paul Clemence would be happy with the goal as we'd been practicing free kicks yesterday.

Hopefully this coming week we can work on our passing. Baby steps.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #978 on: October 30, 2016, 05:48:42 PM »
Couldn't locate a stream for the Reading and Fulham games so only found out the score after the match.

Perhaps that is the perfect way to watch a Steve Bruce team if today is anything to go by.
I think that's a little unfair Steve has inherited a team on the floor and I can't believe people are going on about style etc Lets just get a few points on the board and take it from there eh?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #979 on: October 30, 2016, 05:48:53 PM »
It was good to hear Bruce say the Paul Clemence would be happy with the goal as we'd been practicing free kicks yesterday.

Hopefully this coming week we can work on our passing. Baby steps.

I'm just amazed to hear we are finally cottoning on that practicing stuff can be important.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #980 on: October 30, 2016, 05:50:50 PM »
I'm all for lucky managers but what happens when it runs out?

You moan about it?

we'll all moan about it, because you're not going to win many games playing like today,

When was the last time either us or Blues played well in a derby? The 5-1? It is what it is, a horrible battle.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #981 on: October 30, 2016, 05:55:38 PM »
Yeah today wasn't the day to judge playing style

I'm pleased with the points tally of course and that was the most important thing

But I don't think you can say we've played good attacking football in any of the four games. Hopefully that will come.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #982 on: October 30, 2016, 05:55:54 PM »

He's stopped the rot and already there are complaints?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #983 on: October 30, 2016, 05:56:03 PM »

I think that's a little unfair Steve has inherited a team on the floor and I can't believe people are going on about style etc Lets just get a few points on the board and take it from there eh?

I think it's more than a little unfair. He's averaging 2 points per game as a Villa manager so far including playing away at Blues. I'd be interested to know the last time we had a manager who at any point in their Villa career had that average? MON maybe?

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #984 on: October 30, 2016, 06:02:06 PM »

I'm pleased with the points tally of course and that was the most important thing

But I don't think you can say we've played good attacking football in any of the four games. Hopefully that will come.

I can't imagine us ever playing good attacking football under Bruce. He may get us promoted and to be fair that's why people wanted him, but its grim fare and looks ill-equipped to handle the premier

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #985 on: October 30, 2016, 06:06:38 PM »
I'm personally disappointed that we didn't take 3 points as I thought they were poor.  as it transpired, a draw was all we deserved, at best.

It's early days and 2 wins and 2 draws is not  bad going.

I'm a massive Steve Bruce fan and wanted him here in the summer.  I understand that it's early days but I would hope a team that includes Kodjia, Ayew and McCormack would create more problems than they did today.

My personal feeling is that we have the players to take games to the opposition, whether we are home or away.

I would have taken a point beforehand but feel disappointed that we didn't take all 3, despite them being on the attack more than we were.  They simply are not very good and we need to be taking games to these teams.

Offline the-farmer

• GM : Nov, 2013
« Reply #986 on: October 30, 2016, 06:20:35 PM »

I can't imagine us ever playing good attacking football under Bruce. He may get us promoted and to be fair that's why people wanted him, but its grim fare and looks ill-equipped to handle the premier

No wonder you call yourself sickbeggar, why not just WUM ?

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #987 on: October 30, 2016, 06:28:47 PM »

I'm not sure you can call me a wum  unless you think we've been playing like Barca since he arrived. And IMO he doesn't do good attacking football whoever he's managed

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #988 on: October 30, 2016, 06:30:35 PM »
Look, I advocated Bruce when it was clear that Di Matteo was on the way out.

I was under no illusions as to what we were getting. 

But SHA were a rabble today. Fair enough if they were fired up and tearing into us, and it was all we could do to dig deep and defend. But some of their players could barely control a ball, putting the ball out of play under minimal pressure.

Shit like that, you have to respond accordingly, and swat them away with the contempt they deserve.  Yet we were either unwilling or unable to impose ourselves on the game, even when we got the goal.

Offline the-farmer

• GM : Nov, 2013
« Reply #989 on: October 30, 2016, 06:32:06 PM »

I'm not sure you can call me a wum  unless you think we've been playing like Barca since he arrived. And IMO he doesn't do good attacking football whoever he's managed

He's turning things around in the short time he's had with RDM's team. It's results that count & thats what he's getting us . . . So far

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal