collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 397152 times)

Offline footyskillz

Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #420 on: October 13, 2016, 10:45:53 AM »
I won't be alone having a dislike for Steve Clemence

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #421 on: October 13, 2016, 10:51:26 AM »
I am now at the Acceptance stage of the Kubler Ross curve. This has become my default setting where Villa are concerned.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2016, 11:07:05 AM »
Any news on the backroonm staff yet?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #423 on: October 13, 2016, 11:09:27 AM »
Support the team/club not the manager is what I will do and many others I'm sure. He will always be blues at heart just like Saunders was villa at heart dispite going to blues.

Somebody who grew up supporting Newcastle, played 205 matches for Gillingham, 141 for Norwich and 309 for Manchester United whilst winning pretty much everything in the game will "always be blues"? Of course.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
« Reply #424 on: October 13, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »
Support the team/club not the manager is what I will do and many others I'm sure. He will always be blues at heart just like Saunders was villa at heart dispite going to blues.

So the man who played over 300 times and won medals galore with Man United and was born in the North East will always be Blues at heart?
in terms of the villa blues rivalry yes he will be.

That will teach me to continue reading the thread.

I don't give a flying fuck that he once managed our cross city rivals, I don't recall any interviews with him where he bangs on about his love for them.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
« Reply #425 on: October 13, 2016, 11:12:30 AM »

So the man who played over 300 times and won medals galore with Man United and was born in the North East will always be Blues at heart?
in terms of the villa blues rivalry yes he will be.

So what are you suggesting? That he'd rather Blues finish above his employers? That when we play them, he'd rather his team lost?

If not, what do you mean that he is 'blues at heart' 'in terms of the villa blues rivalry'?
he build a lot of rapport with their fans,  he was close with the club, he won't be able to do that with us now. You cant be villa and blues.

Damn, last time.

You're clearly insane.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #426 on: October 13, 2016, 11:15:37 AM »
BFG i was on to him on post 2

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #427 on: October 13, 2016, 11:17:38 AM »
'Hate' is an odd word to use about a football club you don't support. There are plenty of terrible things going on in the world that involve hatred.
Football was invented as an escape from all that stuff.
Well said.

Those that hate other football clubs would do well to reassess their personal priorities.

On a much more positive note, I understand that Bruce, and his family, really enjoyed their time around the city when he was at St Andrews. I believe he still kept his house. So domestically, he is likely to be happy, which is a plus, and his knowledge of the Midlands football scene is a cut above all recent incumbents. None of these are definitive game changers- but they help.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #428 on: October 13, 2016, 11:22:39 AM »
Im with you Chris.  The fact that he got those sort of results at Blues suggests that he can polish a turd.  He did a great job at Wigan.  Go to it Steve

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #429 on: October 13, 2016, 11:24:36 AM »
Spinksy the bfg, if Bruce gets us up this season, no-one will give a f, and that will cement the rapport with the fans

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #430 on: October 13, 2016, 12:19:20 PM »
I accept Bruce as a manager but not a villa man.

;D

proper wind up merchant

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #431 on: October 13, 2016, 12:19:52 PM »
I have yet to meet a person who has a dislike of all things B9 , AS MUCH AS ME, BUT there are some ding bats on here that make me laff, bluenoses are scum for this true, but when you have moved away from the odious smell that is B9 then you deserve applauding and as we are a broad church at B6 then come unto thee my child and praise in the true god, that is Mcgrath.

i'll just pop to the chemist and get my prescription.

UTV

Offline spinksy the bfg

« Reply #432 on: October 13, 2016, 12:26:07 PM »
Spinksy the bfg, if Bruce gets us up this season, no-one will give a f, and that will cement the rapport with the fans
I'd love if it he got us promoted and would thank him. However when it comes to rapport he is one those types you see in your regular boozer for years,  you nod the head to acknowledge,  but never speak or shake hands. Familiar but not friendly.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #433 on: October 13, 2016, 12:29:10 PM »
I disagree, he comes across as a really likeable chap, despite playing for those Manx tw@ts for years.  When he gets us six points out of the Blues this year, I think we move from the familiar to friendly territoy

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2016, 12:30:57 PM »
I liked everything he said in his first interview. He clearly has watched our games and already identified some of the immediate issues. He kept stressing hard work to get out of the Championship so lets hope it translates to the players and we get a quick win for him starting Saturday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal