collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Goldenballs
[Today at 08:31:36 PM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by ldavfc4eva
[Today at 08:30:59 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[Today at 08:30:46 PM]

Re: VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:27:52 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 08:27:07 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:23:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:23:39 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:20:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed (as Sheffield Wednesday boss)  (Read 396507 times)

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
Re: Steve Bruce - officially confirmed
« Reply #330 on: October 12, 2016, 10:32:30 PM »
The best thing about Bruce joining Villa is I get to trot out my anecdote about the time he stopped me and asked me for directions to the A&E Department in Selly Oak Hospital (this was so long ago that Selly Oak had a hospital). I checked the news that night but there were no reported training ground injuries to any Blues players. That's about it with my story. I know it's not much of an anecdote.

I spotted him in the Boot in Lapworth in 2003, it was the nose that gave it away

Lovely little establishment that

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #331 on: October 12, 2016, 10:38:03 PM »
Support the team/club not the manager is what I will do and many others I'm sure. He will always be blues at heart just like Saunders was villa at heart dispite going to blues.

So the man who played over 300 times and won medals galore with Man United and was born in the North East will always be Blues at heart?

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #332 on: October 12, 2016, 10:38:36 PM »
It will either work or it wont.
Thank you for this profound insight.

Offline spinksy the bfg

« Reply #333 on: October 12, 2016, 10:43:33 PM »
Support the team/club not the manager is what I will do and many others I'm sure. He will always be blues at heart just like Saunders was villa at heart dispite going to blues.

So the man who played over 300 times and won medals galore with Man United and was born in the North East will always be Blues at heart?
in terms of the villa blues rivalry yes he will be.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #334 on: October 12, 2016, 10:44:27 PM »
Welcome Brucie.

Play pointy,  I dare you , I fuckin dare you. .   

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #335 on: October 12, 2016, 10:46:51 PM »

So what are you suggesting? That he'd rather Blues finish above his employers? That when we play them, he'd rather his team lost?

If not, what do you mean that he is 'blues at heart' 'in terms of the villa blues rivalry'?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:48:40 PM by SheffieldVillain »

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #336 on: October 12, 2016, 10:48:12 PM »
Welcome Steve Bruce, this is a big job, Good luck!

Offline spinksy the bfg

« Reply #337 on: October 12, 2016, 10:52:26 PM »

So what are you suggesting? That he'd rather Blues finish above his employers? That when we play them, he'd rather his team lost?

If not, what do you mean that he is 'blues at heart' 'in terms of the villa blues rivalry'?
he build a lot of rapport with their fans,  he was close with the club, he won't be able to do that with us now. You cant be villa and blues.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #338 on: October 12, 2016, 10:52:49 PM »

Are you trying to just make stuff up to get angry about? What the fuck does it matter that a man had a job at a rival club 10 years ago? Do you think he has joined to sabotage us from the inside because he once worked for Birmingham?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #339 on: October 12, 2016, 10:57:06 PM »

he build a lot of rapport with their fans,  he was close with the club, he won't be able to do that with us now. You cant be villa and blues.

Could you answer my question? Since he can't be Villa and blues, you're suggesting that he would rather lose against them and finish lower than them? Yes or no?

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #340 on: October 12, 2016, 11:01:03 PM »
Hes a geordie and a newcastle fan who also managed sunderland.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #341 on: October 12, 2016, 11:02:58 PM »
I think one myth we should quash is that players and managers are 'fans' of a particular club. I don't think they feel in any way the way we do. Steve Bruce will not lose one seconds sleep on the night we massacre the noses 6-0 at their place. Neither will our 8-0 victory at Villa Park put him off his celebratory steak supper.
He's ours now and he wants us to win whoever we play.

Offline spinksy the bfg

« Reply #342 on: October 12, 2016, 11:06:59 PM »

Could you answer my question? Since he can't be Villa and blues, you're suggesting that he would rather lose against them and finish lower than them? Yes or no?
I'm sure he will want to beat blues and finish above them. However the close association he had with them won't be replicated at villa,  Saunders was the same but he was always villa not blues. I have te right to associate with who I want and I don't associate Bruce with Villa he just a person managing the team.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #343 on: October 12, 2016, 11:07:14 PM »
Well on one hand I hoped our ambition would have propelled us beyond looking at the likes of plodders such as Bruce but he's here now and I hope he does well. On the bright side I really don't think massive managerial talent is needed to get this team winning a few games. Which is handy.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:17:55 PM by PeterWithe »

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #344 on: October 12, 2016, 11:08:06 PM »
Win some games and he will be a massive improvement on the past few managers. The Bloos thing is bollocks, it was a job. He will soon realised we are a stratosphere above Small Heath and the biggest opportunity he will ever have of dining at the top table of English football.
There is nothing to dislike about him. Well spoken, successful playing career and the best manager we can get where we are. Good luck Steve and UTV!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal