collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:19:15 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Villa manager  (Read 244473 times)

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Next Villa manager
« Reply #1740 on: October 06, 2016, 10:41:24 PM »
Who could forget the blose promotion under bruce with the attacking flair of dj Campbell and Gary Mcsheffrey. Its incredible to think they started out at blose and went on to so much more

Gary McSheffrey was huge at Coventry before Blues picked him up. I'd completely forgotten he existed and is almost certainly my most embarrassing "that's a mistake, we should have signed him" player mentioned on here.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1741 on: October 06, 2016, 10:43:07 PM »
I still can't believe that Hadji didn't work out for us. I had such a hard-on for him before he joined.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1742 on: October 06, 2016, 10:44:05 PM »
I still can't believe that Hadji didn't work out for us. I had such a hard-on for him before he joined.

That was just the goatee and the pony tail doing it's magic.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1743 on: October 06, 2016, 10:45:36 PM »

That was just the goatee and the pony tail doing it's magic.

Big Freud said that once he met my old mum.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1744 on: October 06, 2016, 10:45:50 PM »
Who could forget the blose promotion under bruce with the attacking flair of dj Campbell and Gary Mcsheffrey. Its incredible to think they started out at blose and went on to so much more

Gary McSheffrey was huge at Coventry before Blues picked him up. I'd completely forgotten he existed and is almost certainly my most embarrassing "that's a mistake, we should have signed him" player mentioned on here.

yes, an odd career. Started out prolific in the Championship but bobbins in the Premier, and progressed to bobbins in any league

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #1745 on: October 06, 2016, 10:48:54 PM »
I'd really like to know who the ten names on the list are. At least 6 of those in the poll aren't on it, according to ITK sources in the press.
I have sympathy with those on here who aren't very excited at the prospect of Steve Bruce taking over, but maybe it's a question of perspective. A Liverpool fan I work with is very surprised that we're not thrilled with the prospect of Clarke in control.
Having seen the influence of Clarke's coaching I'd be very surprised if any of us was thrilled! :-(

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1746 on: October 06, 2016, 11:02:55 PM »
OMG. He also bought Ivanhoe........ Nooooooooooo!!!!!!1

Offline supertom

« Reply #1747 on: October 06, 2016, 11:04:56 PM »
I thought between he, Ginola, Merse and Angel we'd have an attack to die for (not to mention Kachloul and Hendrie). It was probably from that point on that we became even more dull under Gregory. It always seemed like the more flair players we signed under JG, the worse we ended up being to watch.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1748 on: October 06, 2016, 11:08:37 PM »
I'd really like to know who the ten names on the list are. At least 6 of those in the poll aren't on it, according to ITK sources in the press.
I have sympathy with those on here who aren't very excited at the prospect of Steve Bruce taking over, but maybe it's a question of perspective. A Liverpool fan I work with is very surprised that we're not thrilled with the prospect of Clarke in control.
Having seen the influence of Clarke's coaching I'd be very surprised if any of us was thrilled! :-(

I'm curious to see our approach against Wolves. It will give an indication as to just how much influence Clarke has had tactically, and in terms of selection.
If he does something different, then perhaps RDM had very much his own ideas (which didn't work). That being said, the consensus is that RDM tends to leave a lot to his coaches. So we'll find out soon. I'd be very reluctant to give Clarke the job based on his time here so far, but if we suddenly look like a functioning unit in that Wolves game...

(if we did win, and did then get the job, Villa law dictates he'd lose the next five).

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1749 on: October 06, 2016, 11:12:53 PM »
I thought between he, Ginola, Merse and Angel we'd have an attack to die for (not to mention Kachloul and Hendrie). It was probably from that point on that we became even more dull under Gregory. It always seemed like the more flair players we signed under JG, the worse we ended up being to watch.

Hadji never seemed to be picked under JG. Then there was the rumour that DO'L couldn't pick him because it would trigger a payment to Coventry. Happy days.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1750 on: October 06, 2016, 11:13:58 PM »
Clarke is a good coach no doubt about it, but that doesn't make you a manager (see Mclaren etc..) Given the embarrassment of riches we have to choose a manager from this time though, if he does get them playing why not?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1751 on: October 06, 2016, 11:22:53 PM »
The major bookmakers have suspended betting on Bruce according to the Meaning Evil.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1752 on: October 06, 2016, 11:25:13 PM »
The major bookmakers have suspended betting on Bruce according to the Meaning Evil.

They do that most nights.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1753 on: October 06, 2016, 11:26:31 PM »

They do that most nights.

We have this conversation every time we're looking for a new manager.

Offline claret+blue ed

« Reply #1754 on: October 06, 2016, 11:29:47 PM »
Probably worth leaving it until after the wolves game just to see what set up Clarke has, at least this way he has had a chance to prove he was just following RDMs instructions and moving cones rather than having any input into things or it might show he was the issue also

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal