collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Kits 24/25 by j66acd
[Today at 10:41:45 PM]

Ross Barkley: Coming back? by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:39:23 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Des Little
[Today at 10:33:52 PM]

Season Tickets by Aldridge Villa
[Today at 10:31:44 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by DB
[Today at 10:25:45 PM]

Past Managers, Love or Hate? by Monty
[Today at 09:27:43 PM]

Tennis 2024 by Monty
[Today at 09:25:59 PM]

Cubs/Clarets membership by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 08:43:53 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Kits 24/25 by j66acd
[Today at 10:41:45 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:39:23 PM]

Re: Kits 24/25 by Des Little
[Today at 10:36:51 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Des Little
[Today at 10:33:52 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by Aldridge Villa
[Today at 10:31:44 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by Des Little
[Today at 10:29:00 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by dalians umbrella
[Today at 10:26:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by DB
[Today at 10:25:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Villa manager  (Read 245149 times)

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
Re: Next Villa manager
« Reply #1305 on: October 04, 2016, 08:52:54 PM »
Who are all these people apparently voting for Tim to return? There is a poll I have just seen via a Matt Kendrick tweet in the Mail. Tim has over 60% of the vote to return. Really?

They would mostly be fans of our 'rivals' I would guess, given the rag.
Reminds me of when Man City had a poll to name an end at their new ground after one of the ex City players and thousands of Man U fans were apparently voting for Colin Bell (as in Bell-end) - priceless.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1306 on: October 04, 2016, 08:55:15 PM »
i think the  thing  is with  Bruce is this  would be his  biggest  job. He has a good  record  of promotion  on limited  resources . I think that affects  the style  of play. If he had been able  to go and buy more  quality , perhaps the playing style  would be different . If he does come, this  would  probably  be the first time  he has an  expensive  squad

His sides get worse the money he spends.

A inoperable case of markhughesitis

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1307 on: October 04, 2016, 09:00:03 PM »
i think the  thing  is with  Bruce is this  would be his  biggest  job. He has a good  record  of promotion  on limited  resources . I think that affects  the style  of play. If he had been able  to go and buy more  quality , perhaps the playing style  would be different . If he does come, this  would  probably  be the first time  he has an  expensive  squad

Haha, indeed.  He really does get himself in a mess when buying players.

It feels like we need an old hand who will sort shit out with minimum fuss.  We have a great squad for this league, it just needs organising.  I wonder if somebody like Allardyce might turn out to be just good timing, a bit like when Redknapp ended up at Spurs.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #1308 on: October 04, 2016, 09:09:29 PM »
When does everyone think our new man will be in place by?
I'm predicting that he will be announced Friday/Monday

It's my birthday on Sunday so if it is someone really brilliant -Sunday. If it is someone really dire - any day except Sunday

It's my birthday as well on Sunday. And no, I'm not David Cameron.
Or John Lennon.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1309 on: October 04, 2016, 09:09:47 PM »

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1310 on: October 04, 2016, 09:10:36 PM »

It feels like we need an old hand who will sort shit out with minimum fuss.  We have a great squad for this league, it just needs organising.  I wonder if somebody like Allardyce might turn out to be just good timing, a bit like when Redknapp ended up at Spurs.

I reckon Mark Kelly nailed it earlier up the thread. Steve Clarke gets the job short-term while we "whittle our shortlist down", Moyes loses a couple more matches and gets the Spanish archer at Sunderland.

Round and Wyness wrack their brains for a suitable manager that they know and trust and just at the right time...

The jigsaw pieces just slot into place.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1311 on: October 04, 2016, 09:11:35 PM »

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1312 on: October 04, 2016, 09:15:53 PM »
I've just sent my CV to the club.

You can talk sense - you're over qualified!

Paul, you flatter me, mate. Though I'll take it as a compliment. Fancy being my assistant?
If it's jobs for boys can I pitch in as well? My highest qualification that I always buy my round!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1313 on: October 04, 2016, 09:16:30 PM »
Christ the BBC are still dumping Pat Murphy on us? Havent we suffered enough?

With all due respect to your opinion, Pat Murphy has reported on us for years and is a well respected reporter who I like a lot. Despite his obvious annoyance at being pretty much cut out of the loop by Lerner (along with everyone else) I have found him respectful and informative since Dr X took over. But hey, it is all about opinions.

Always got the opinion that he dislikes what football has become, particularly the attitude of players and managers towards the press (press conference with Pearson as an example).  Sounds a lot more upbeat when covering cricket these days. 

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1314 on: October 04, 2016, 09:24:55 PM »
The next Aston Villa manager should have a fairly-thick skin and an eye for a bargain. He needs to develop a solid formation as is essential that we don't leap from the frying pan into the fire. That said, he will need to be able to mash it up against teams when the chips are down. In addition, he will display the attitude of a champ and will not coddle our pampered squad. Indeed he will give them a roasting when necessary. Solid communication skills are also required: waffle has no place in the dressing room or at press conferences.
Fucking top set of requirements. Send a copy to Wyness please.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1315 on: October 04, 2016, 09:38:36 PM »
Who are all these people apparently voting for Tim to return? There is a poll I have just seen via a Matt Kendrick tweet in the Mail. Tim has over 60% of the vote to return. Really?

I assume Tim has managed to find a way to vote for himself on numerous occasions. Also Tom Fox placed a few votes I imagine along with Harry and a good number of noses.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1316 on: October 04, 2016, 09:42:57 PM »

I reckon Mark Kelly nailed it earlier up the thread. Steve Clarke gets the job short-term while we "whittle our shortlist down", Moyes loses a couple more matches and gets the Spanish archer at Sunderland.

Round and Wyness wrack their brains for a suitable manager that they know and trust and just at the right time...

But what makes anyone think that Moyes, who could have joined us in the summer, thought himself too big for a reclamation project in the Championship? Will his ego have been reduced sufficiently to come to us now? Also is he that a big a deal now given how he hardly made any kind of impact at Sunderland? That would be three managerial failures in a row.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #1317 on: October 04, 2016, 09:48:11 PM »
The next Aston Villa manager should have a fairly-thick skin and an eye for a bargain. He needs to develop a solid formation as is essential that we don't leap from the frying pan into the fire. That said, he will need to be able to mash it up against teams when the chips are down. In addition, he will display the attitude of a champ and will not coddle our pampered squad. Indeed he will give them a roasting when necessary. Solid communication skills are also required: waffle has no place in the dressing room or at press conferences.
Fucking top set of requirements. Send a copy to Wyness please.
a spud-based job spec.
Quite brilliant and a tad subtle BE!
Have a house point!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1318 on: October 04, 2016, 09:49:35 PM »
Everything about Moyes screams out that he's lost interest after getting a top job and fucking it up, he just gives the impression of someone doing it because he doesn't know what else he'd do with his time.

I didn't want him in the summer because all the signs suggested he was on a steep slope and his Sunderland side just back that up, they look as bad as anything we've served up in the last 5-6 years.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #1319 on: October 04, 2016, 09:49:58 PM »

ffs I hope not!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal