collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Goldie.7
[Today at 05:16:42 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Villa manager  (Read 244495 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Next Villa manager
« Reply #870 on: October 03, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »
Can we just fucking employ someone from abroad. With talent. Who is as heavy a hitter as the salary we will pay dictates?

Fucking Bruce and Warnock and Smith and Rowett and whoever the fuck else (and if you are leaning in Sherwood's direction you should be fucking sectioned). Why the actual fuck would we want to put up with any of these?

2-4 million quid a year gets you Bielsa. It gets you Klinsmann. It gets you Van Gaal. It gets you Mancini. It gets you Rangnick. Or, forget it. I think that is my point.

We need someone that the dressing room looks at and says "shit, now he has pedigree". And Tone has the cash to make that a reality.

Punch our mother fucking weight for once and bring in an arrogant bastard who turns up his nose at our league position and this league.

"This league is shit and you shouldn't be in it. I will ensure you won't be for long".

You know, mate?
You're dead right.
Come on Uncle Tony, bring someone in who'll frighten the league to death!!
If it's a choice between the old managers I have spent the last years deriding and someone with real Cajunos from abroad, give me the latter, please.

Offline villadelph

• | UTV | 215 |
  • GM : 20.05.2025
« Reply #871 on: October 03, 2016, 06:41:33 PM »
Can we just fucking employ someone from abroad. With talent. Who is as heavy a hitter as the salary we will pay dictates?

Fucking Bruce and Warnock and Smith and Rowett and whoever the fuck else (and if you are leaning in Sherwood's direction you should be fucking sectioned). Why the actual fuck would we want to put up with any of these?

2-4 million quid a year gets you Bielsa. It gets you Klinsmann. It gets you Van Gaal. It gets you Mancini. It gets you Rangnick. Or, forget it. I think that is my point.

We need someone that the dressing room looks at and says "shit, now he has pedigree". And Tone has the cash to make that a reality.

Punch our mother fucking weight for once and bring in an arrogant bastard who turns up his nose at our league position and this league.

"This league is shit and you shouldn't be in it. I will ensure you won't be for long".

You know, mate?
You're dead right.
Come on Uncle Tony, bring someone in who'll frighten the league to death!!
If it's a choice between the old managers I have spent the last years deriding and someone with real Cajunos from abroad, give me the latter, please.

For the record Klinsmann is a fraud.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #872 on: October 03, 2016, 06:42:22 PM »
Again is anyone seriously saying LVG or Mancini are gonna turn up here. Are they THAT desperate? Foreign manager aye, but please keep it wthin the realms of reality. We couldn't attract those sort of names when we were in the premiership. Hell we couldn't attract Martinez

Offline Allan C

« Reply #873 on: October 03, 2016, 06:44:29 PM »
Here we go again. The same old names bandied about, McCarthy, Bruce, Rowett, Pearson. Someone even said Warnock!!! And Allardyce!!! God have we really sunk that low?? None of the names on the poll get my vote. I'd go for Hoddle. If he would come, let's get him. Somebody with class and who knows how to get a team playing football. IMO, we have the players now, we just need a coach to get them performing on the pitch. None of the others have any class at all.

Offline gazacov

« Reply #874 on: October 03, 2016, 06:44:53 PM »
Hi everyone, new poster here.
I've been a supporter for over 45 years and a season ticket holder for the last 10 years.
So........I do not want any fucking connection to those wankers down the road!!!!
We are ASTON VILLA, and we should not accept any manager that has any ties to that shit hole!!!
Look at what happened to mctwat. We need that again.....NO!!!
For me, go for Hoddle, immense experience and a name.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #875 on: October 03, 2016, 06:45:05 PM »
Again is anyone seriously saying LVG or Mancini are gonna turn up here. Are they THAT desperate? Foreign manager aye, but please keep it wthin the realms of reality. We couldn't attract those sort of names when we were in the premiership. Hell we couldn't attract Martinez

Bollocks. Money talks. We couldn't attract big names when we paid a big salary but there was nothing to spare for buying good players. We aren't in that situation any more.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #876 on: October 03, 2016, 06:45:34 PM »
Neil Warnock. Shudders.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #877 on: October 03, 2016, 06:46:09 PM »
I said recently that I really like what Wagner has done at Huddersfield and his attitude to playing and training. However he's had less than 50 games as a first team manager so is he ready? It could be an even bigger disaster than we've already experienced, or genius as we get the next Klopp before anyone else snaps him up.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #878 on: October 03, 2016, 06:46:27 PM »

Did someone mention Hoddle?

Hasn't managed for about ten years and was a disaster in that last job at Wolves. Not too mention the baggage

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #879 on: October 03, 2016, 06:47:19 PM »

Yo0u only know by asking.  Offer them 2-3m a year, a big promotion bonus and promise of big funds in Jan and the summer and I think you'll get a better reception than you think.  We need an arrogant fucker who knows he's too good for this league so we need to show that we're arrogant fuckers as well who will contact a big name manager with a top reputation and try to bring him to the championship.  If that doesn't work then we can talk about journeymen like Warnock and Bruce but for fuck sake if the owner is willing to say we'll be the biggest club in the world in 5 years then he should be willing to talk to managers who are too good for where we are.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #880 on: October 03, 2016, 06:49:42 PM »

Bollocks. Money talks. We couldn't attract big names when we paid a big salary but there was nothing to spare for buying good players. We aren't in that situation any more.

I didn't realise we had a bottomless pit of money. I take it Dr T will sanction another 50m in January then? Beside people like LVG don't need the money, its prestige, its about managing in a top league, its about probably 10-15 clubs around Europe who at some point this season will sack their manager and offer the likes of LVG and Mancini a better option

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #881 on: October 03, 2016, 06:50:20 PM »
It could never be Hoddle.  We need somebody who can speak English.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #882 on: October 03, 2016, 06:51:00 PM »

We probably have a few arrogant players who think they're too good for this league already, that's not working well is it ?

I don't want a big time Charlie coming in and gobbing off about he's this that or the other. I just want someone that can do his job. No more no less

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #883 on: October 03, 2016, 06:54:43 PM »

We probably have a few arrogant players who think they're too good for this league already, that's not working well is it ?

I don't want a big time Charlie coming in and gobbing off about he's this that or the other. I just want someone that can do his job. No more no less

Aside from the fact that we really don't if we did they'd be the players that most need the club to stop fucking about and start acting like the big club we are.

Sickbeggar so we shouldn't try and instead just go for the same old pool of shit-average managers we've been plucking from for years to such fantastic effect?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #884 on: October 03, 2016, 06:56:56 PM »
I think we need someone who has succeeded against relatively high expectations. Managers who have done wonders with very little expectation I fear get overwhelmed by the justified high expectations at Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal