collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:25:31 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Villa manager  (Read 244475 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Next Villa manager
« Reply #345 on: October 02, 2016, 01:24:14 PM »
really?

http://www.footballinsider247.com/fans-call-47-year-old-make-aston-villa-return-twitter/?

No, when they say that Villa fans are desperate for a return of Sherwood it actually means no Villa fans are desperate to see him as again, and that if he came back to even watch us we'd put fireworks in his underpants to launch him from the stadium.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2016, 01:28:24 PM »
really? They look shit this season - not Villa levels of shit, granted, but shit. And he has absolutely no experience of the Championship.

Could that be put down to the problems in the new stadium though? It like they've played every game away from home.

really? They look shit this season - not Villa levels of shit, granted, but shit. And he has absolutely no experience of the Championship.

Could that be put down to the problems in the new stadium though? It like they've played every game away from home.

I think given time he'll turn Westham around (always gonna be difficult them moving grounds). Westham were great last year and he broke a load of club prem/league records. He did wonders with Croatia. Not well at Lokomotiv Moscow.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #347 on: October 02, 2016, 01:32:03 PM »
really?

http://www.footballinsider247.com/fans-call-47-year-old-make-aston-villa-return-twitter/?

No, when they say that Villa fans are desperate for a return of Sherwood it actually means no Villa fans are desperate to see him as again, and that if he came back to even watch us we'd put fireworks in his underpants to launch him from the stadium.

That is some crazy, bat shit mental, parallel universe shizzle. Some of those must be Blose fans on a wind up? Or just pure fabrication?

Offline nuninho

« Reply #348 on: October 02, 2016, 01:36:45 PM »
If the England debarcle hadn't have happened and Fat Sam being sacked, I'd have wanted Southgate.

He apparently was looking for a club side (prior to being appointed England Caretaker)

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #349 on: October 02, 2016, 01:42:39 PM »
The only manager I'd trust to sort our lot out would be bighead Allardyce based on what he managed with Sunderland last season - they were terrible and he turned them round. We need turning round big style. I don't care about the style of football and we can get rid should we ever grace the Premiership again.

I agree.  He's got the kind of ego needed to manage a club like Villa and would come wanting to prove a point.  I keep hearing about style of football, but to actually have a style would be an improvement on the shapeless mess we have seen over the past few years. 

He is still likely to get further punishment from his latest indiscretions so is not an option. That's without taking into account the fact that he's a fucking twat.

Unless I'm missing something, he didn't actually do anything wrong this time did he, unless of course being nasty about Roy Hodgson and saying Wembley was too expensive are considered punishable offences.  We need a big character, as it is a very difficult job.

I have mentioned it on here before, but there was an interesting bit in John Gregory's autobiography where he talks about getting the Villa job.  He said the first person on the phone to him was Arthur Cox, who had been a bit of a mentor to him.  JG said Cox's first words to him were along the lines of  "They've not given you the keys to a corner shop there son, that's a bloody megastore.  Do you know how to run a megastore and are you ready for it?".  It is a big job and as the past few years have proven, it is too big for some.  It has needed someone like Allardyce to come in for some time.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #350 on: October 02, 2016, 02:06:08 PM »
We do need a personality I think. Our problems are principally mental and we need a manager with a sound plan and the cuts pan to stick to it

I fucking hate allardyce. He'd get us up in a year or two, but I'd rather I tea someone I didn't really despise

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #351 on: October 02, 2016, 02:08:22 PM »
We do need a personality I think. Our problems are principally mental and we need a manager with a sound plan and the cuts pan to stick to it

I fucking hate allardyce. He'd get us up in a year or two, but I'd rather I tea someone I didn't really despise

I remember when Ferguson tea'd Beckham

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #352 on: October 02, 2016, 02:08:26 PM »
Not sure how he's doing with Espanyol  or whether Tony Xia would want to pay compensation but a left field suggestion is Quique Sanchez Flores as he got Watford promoted.

No he didn't.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #353 on: October 02, 2016, 02:17:39 PM »
really?

That is some crazy, bat shit mental, parallel universe shizzle. Some of those must be Blose fans on a wind up? Or just pure fabrication?

Diablo, I'm loving your use of the English language there, I think I get your general gist.

good work that man.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #354 on: October 02, 2016, 02:17:55 PM »
The only manager I'd trust to sort our lot out would be bighead Allardyce based on what he managed with Sunderland last season - they were terrible and he turned them round. We need turning round big style. I don't care about the style of football and we can get rid should we ever grace the Premiership again.

I agree.  He's got the kind of ego needed to manage a club like Villa and would come wanting to prove a point.  I keep hearing about style of football, but to actually have a style would be an improvement on the shapeless mess we have seen over the past few years. 

He is still likely to get further punishment from his latest indiscretions so is not an option. That's without taking into account the fact that he's a fucking twat.

Unless I'm missing something, he didn't actually do anything wrong this time did he, unless of course being nasty about Roy Hodgson and saying Wembley was too expensive are considered punishable offences.  We need a big character, as it is a very difficult job.

He was offering to advise, for a fee, on how to get around FA rules while being employed by the same organisation as England manager. So, not only is he untrustworthy but has the arrogance to believe he can get away with it. Grade A twat.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #355 on: October 02, 2016, 02:25:03 PM »

He was offering to advise, for a fee, on how to get around FA rules while being employed by the same organisation as England manager. So, not only is he untrustworthy but has the arrogance to believe he can get away with it. Grade A twat.

Simply put given the amount of money he's already made in the game, what he was being paid to manage England and most importantly the responsibility that came with the position itself he should have just walked away. Instead his immense greed got in the way. He has no morals.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #356 on: October 02, 2016, 02:29:30 PM »
Not sure how he's doing with Espanyol  or whether Tony Xia would want to pay compensation but a left field suggestion is Quique Sanchez Flores as he got Watford promoted.

No he didn't.

Easy mistake to make with how often Watford change their manager.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #357 on: October 02, 2016, 02:36:16 PM »
If Sherwood comes back, that might be the final straw for me.  I'll start following equestrian, instead.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #358 on: October 02, 2016, 02:38:25 PM »
If Billic is leaving Westham (as is rumoured today) I'd bite your arm off.

This, absolutely.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #359 on: October 02, 2016, 02:44:04 PM »
I honestly thought Warnock had retired.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal