collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Goldie.7
[Today at 05:16:42 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Villa manager  (Read 244489 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Next Villa manager
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2016, 10:16:48 PM »
No desire at all to ever see Warnock as manager. I realize things are bad but fuck me, Neil bastard Warnock? Suggesting Steve Bruce has given me ulcers let alone someone like Warnock who is best now a surivival merchant but will never be big enough for a club like us. And I mean that as arrogantly as it sounds despite our current predicament.
Sitting 19th in the Championship, isn't that what we need ?

I have no doubt he could come in and get us a couple of wins to get us to 14th. Then what? We're stuck with him being massively average for the rest of the season. Sorry, not interested.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he get QPR and Palace promoted  to the Prem
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:18:31 PM by VillaAlways »

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2016, 10:21:59 PM »
No desire at all to ever see Warnock as manager. I realize things are bad but fuck me, Neil bastard Warnock? Suggesting Steve Bruce has given me ulcers let alone someone like Warnock who is best now a surivival merchant but will never be big enough for a club like us. And I mean that as arrogantly as it sounds despite our current predicament.
Sitting 19th in the Championship, isn't that what we need ?

I have no doubt he could come in and get us a couple of wins to get us to 14th. Then what? We're stuck with him being massively average for the rest of the season. Sorry, not interested.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he get QPR and Palace promoted  to the Prem

Be a bit ironic if he turned us down wouldn't it!

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2016, 10:22:03 PM »
Dean Smith ..... Villa fan ...has passion ..... done excellent job at Walsall and Brentford

Smith is Villa through and through. Plus Brentford made us look like donkeys at VP.

And why bloody not?
Probably the best team ive seen at VP so far
I'm sick of being linked with the usual dinosaurs.
How about giving a Villa fan a go whose career is definitely on the up.

I'd love him as our manager but the job is way too big for him.

Why do you say that? Maybe he's exactly what we need..?

The biggest job he's had is Brentford. He was a lower divisions player. He's a great bloke, he's doing well but I can't see being doing what we need now. He's Turner and we need Taylor.

On the flipside, Di Mateo played for Chelsea, won numerous trophies, including the champions league as a manager.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2016, 10:23:33 PM »
Dean Smith ..... Villa fan ...has passion ..... done excellent job at Walsall and Brentford

Smith is Villa through and through. Plus Brentford made us look like donkeys at VP.

And why bloody not?
Probably the best team ive seen at VP so far
I'm sick of being linked with the usual dinosaurs.
How about giving a Villa fan a go whose career is definitely on the up.

I'd love him as our manager but the job is way too big for him.

Why do you say that? Maybe he's exactly what we need..?

The biggest job he's had is Brentford. He was a lower divisions player. He's a great bloke, he's doing well but I can't see being doing what we need now. He's Turner and we need Taylor.

Well yes, quite. We tried a 21st century version of Taylor with Lambert. Remind us how that worked out again?  I can't see a problem with Smith, under the circumstances.

Taylor had a far longer and better top flight record than Lambert did before he arrived at Villa.

I take your point. But who comparatively could you match to Taylor these days? Who has taken a team through the divisions to the PL and kept them there for a few years without being poached and/or ruined? In the hire em fire em Wild West of the current PL Lambert is a pretty close match.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2016, 10:25:38 PM »
This job is going to need a confident, almost arrogant manager with unflappable self belief who everyone respects.

Look at Di Matteo, a couple of late goals and he shit himself and started defending the 18 yard box against Brentford after 45 minutes, the next game we turn up with 5 at the back. We need someone with an ideology, conviction and belief in themselves.

This bloke is a fucking crock of shit. This is a massive job now, the pressure is immense, we have a fan base that are at the end of their collective tether, 6 years of anger, humiliation, frustration and beatings.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2016, 10:28:51 PM »
Lambert is nothing like Taylor. Sir Graham took a fourth division club to the Uefa cup and never finished below 12th in 5 seasons including a runners up. Lambert had one season in the top league. Not tested at all.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2016, 10:30:12 PM »
Houllier
Mcleish
Lambert
Sherwood
Garde
RDM

the next one will definitely get it right.

« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2016, 10:32:29 PM »
Lambert is nothing like Taylor. Sir Graham took a fourth division club to the Uefa cup and never finished below 12th in 5 seasons including a runners up. Lambert had one season in the top league. Not tested at all.

So if we need another Taylor who might that be..?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »

No idea, can't think of any English manager that matches the pedigree Sir Graham had.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2016, 10:35:37 PM »
Eddie Howe maybe but his record doesn't match Sir Graham.

« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2016, 10:35:55 PM »

No idea, can't think of any English manager that matches the pedigree Sir Graham had.

Me neither. I think we just have to get lucky.

« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2016, 10:36:29 PM »

And he's only going up not down. Plus he only has the same pedigree as Lambert had at the moment.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2016, 10:37:42 PM »

And he's only going up not down. Plus he only has the same pedigree as Lambert at the moment.

So was Sir Graham.

« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2016, 10:38:34 PM »

And he's only going up not down. Plus he only has the same pedigree as Lambert at the moment.

So was Sir Graham.

I'd kill for Howe at this point in time.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2016, 10:38:52 PM »
It's been such a poison chalice, you do wonder if the more promising guys would take it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal