collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Goldie.7
[Today at 05:16:42 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Villa manager  (Read 244498 times)

Offline MonsXI

Re: Next Villa manager
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2016, 06:27:48 PM »
Rowett or Smith somebody who gives a fuck! Both are are used too polishing turds our squad is a massive steaming one!

Offline malckennedy

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2016, 06:28:00 PM »
Were already in big trouble, I would appoint Warnock,  if he was in place by the Wolves game I'm convinced we would win that game and he would guide us to a comfortable final position, got to act decisively or I fear for us.
What would he do about our central midfield? That is the main problem and we don't have the players. Current management's fault for not addressing properly in the summer but can't fix until January now.

well you would try a 3 with a certain amount of legs and that  may mean a kid

So perhaps Jedinak, Tsishbola and "a kid".

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »
I was being Bobby Ewing in the shower TV.  The actual Remi Garde, was shat on, buckled, took the money and ran.  What I wanted was Remi Garde given the same money last January as this twerp has been given this summer.  A fantasy born of utter despair.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2016, 06:30:16 PM »
Were already in big trouble, I would appoint Warnock,  if he was in place by the Wolves game I'm convinced we would win that game and he would guide
us to a comfortable final position, got to act decisively or I fear for us.
What would he do about our central midfield? That is the main problem and we don't have the players. Current management's fault for not addressing properly in the summer but can't fix until January now.

well you would try a 3 with a certain amount of legs and that  may mean a kid

So perhaps Jedinak, Tsishbola and "a kid".

sounds good doesnt it ?, No I know but we need some  legs in that midfield

Offline Damo70

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2016, 06:43:52 PM »
We should narrow down the options by putting Ashley Westwood on the transfer list and then immediately ruling out  any manager who makes a bid for him.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2016, 06:44:53 PM »
Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2016, 06:48:57 PM »
Bruce followed by Alladyce but it's really, really sad and shocking that it's come to that.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2016, 06:50:04 PM »
I never thought I would say this but I honestly think Neil Warnock might be worth considering. I am a great believer in 'Horses For Courses'.  Although 'Big Sam' would probably be my first choice. Unfortunately he has possibly got a football ban pending.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2016, 06:52:10 PM »
A serious addition to my flippant Remi Garde post.  I think half the money spent by RDM this summer spent last January would have given us both a fighting chance of staying in the Premiership or at least hitting the Championship from day 1.  That void in January window was a monumental gamble on our ability to win promotion and it is yet another Villa gamble to file under 'Young and Hungry' and 'Bomb Squad' and 'On the field leaders'  F for Failure.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2016, 06:54:08 PM »
When people were saying last season that we had a good team and it was sherwood fucking up the programme, I thought the team was equally as shit as our manager.  This year is different.  We have a team that is easily good enough to get promoted.  I don't dislike the manager, but was underwhelmed when he took over.  He has to be sacked. 

Allardyce I suppose.  Or somebody I've never heard of. 

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2016, 06:54:53 PM »
It looked idiotic and cowardly in January and still does now.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2016, 06:55:06 PM »
we have to be decisive now - sack the tosser off tonight and use the next fortnight very wisely. Our future as a club depends on it.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2016, 06:55:35 PM »
The rot was so deep Brian that I think we'd have been pissing that money away. In a way I'm glad we didn't because it wouldn't have truly fixed what was seriously broken. I'm glad we sold the club. I'm happy with what Xia has done since he arrived. RDM has totally let him and everyone down. It simply should not be this bad and it is. We can only hope that the next bloke is able to actually turn this rabble into a cohesive unit reflective of their actual ability. But then again we've all said and thought and hoped that before when it comes to discussing the "next Villa manager"

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2016, 06:56:07 PM »

Hughton or Dyche for me. Can't believe the clamour for Rowett. Five bad games and the nutters would be on his back straight away

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2016, 07:00:54 PM »
Were already in big trouble, I would appoint Warnock,  if he was in place by the Wolves game I'm convinced we would win that game and he would guide us to a comfortable final position, got to act decisively or I fear for us.

Malc you make a good point about the midfield but I'm sure Warnock would patch up and organise that area until January, I know he would only be a short term fix but for now lets forget the Premier league and try and steady our club, I'm sure he would instil some fight and spirit into our under performing players and have us climbing the table.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal