collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jonathan Kodjia - SOLD  (Read 258561 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Jonathan Kodjia - CONFIRMED
« Reply #1230 on: August 12, 2018, 06:45:19 AM »
Thanks for the mentoring adrena.  I allowed my age, lack of education, guttersnipe childhood and a family environment of alternating Methodism and corrective beatings to get carried away and use the word "drama" perjoratively.

Some of my best friends are actors.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1231 on: August 12, 2018, 08:27:38 AM »
I feel the criticism is a bit harsh though agree he can be such a wet lettuce at times. In the second half yesterday though we started giving him the service he needs channels and into feet and we and he improved as a result. He got in good positions and he just needs one to go in and I think he’ll be off and running. Patience required I think for a man coming back from such a serious injury.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #1232 on: August 12, 2018, 09:27:06 AM »
I only caught the (very limited) highlights last night, so I'm not in really in a position to give my opinion on Kodjia's contribution to our somewhat streaky victory. That said, I've been struggling to to find any positive reports about him from those who were in attendance yesterday: so I can only conclude that nothing's changed since his abysmal performance at Hull. I realise that the serious injury he suffered is bound to take a protracted period of competitive football in order to make a full recovery, but it's a big concern to witness & hear that he's a mere shadow of the player we previously had. I'm pretty sure Bruce will persevere with him over the next few games, but I'd be astonished if the club aren't currently pulling out all the stops to bring in an additional striker - particularly with lack of fit alternatives that we currently have available. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I've got a horrible feeling that Kodjia is never going to be the player that he was shaping up to be. I guess time (and a lot of hard work) will tell...

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1233 on: August 12, 2018, 09:31:14 AM »
Sadly I agree. The old Kodjia would have scored twice yesterday.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1234 on: August 12, 2018, 09:33:27 AM »
He needs a goal.
It’s as simple as that.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1235 on: August 12, 2018, 09:36:43 AM »
He was trying too hard at times yesterday. You can tell he desperately want's to score but he had chances to lay the ball off but tried to go for glory instead. Once he get's one though, he'll be fine hopefully.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1236 on: August 12, 2018, 10:02:02 AM »
at least he got us the corner for the second goal. 

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #1237 on: August 12, 2018, 10:19:57 AM »
He was trying too hard at times yesterday. You can tell he desperately want's to score but he had chances to lay the ball off but tried to go for glory instead. Once he get's one though, he'll be fine hopefully.

I do hope you're right - as a fully fit & firing JK would be just the ticket.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1238 on: August 12, 2018, 10:21:16 AM »
Bruce said it can take a fair time to regain proper fitness after such a bad injury. Once he scores, his confidence will increase. He'll be back I'm convinced.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1239 on: August 12, 2018, 10:38:21 AM »
The serious injury he sustained that derailed his own career and our push for automatic promotion last season was brought about by his own stupidity in ignoring the Villa medical team and playing in the ACON.  I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

As for giving him time, as I never tire of saying, in football time is a luxury nobody can afford.  Give players all the time they would like to play at the level you are entitled to expect for what you pay them and you get left behind.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1240 on: August 12, 2018, 10:40:53 AM »
As covered many times above the issue is that when he plays he actively deprives other attackers of chances to score. A greedy striker who isn’t scoring is a luxury no team can afford. 

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1241 on: August 12, 2018, 10:42:49 AM »
The serious injury he sustained that derailed his own career and our push for automatic promotion last season was brought about by his own stupidity in ignoring the Villa medical team and playing in the ACON.  I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

You've said this before Brian but he had no choice. If you get called up by your country, you have to go. Besides, he was fit when he went.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1242 on: August 12, 2018, 10:55:25 AM »
He needs a goal.
It’s as simple as that.

No a kick up the backside - I did actually feel for him yesterday as it appeared he had no idea as to the role he was sent out to play.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #1243 on: August 12, 2018, 10:58:44 AM »
I can forgive lack of form and confidence, however Kodjia’s body language is atrocious. He looks lazy and disinterested much of the time and doesn’t even break into a jog when he could be pressing.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1244 on: August 12, 2018, 11:02:10 AM »
The petulance really annoyed me yesterday. A bit less flapping his arms around like a 5 year old wouldn't go amiss.

A couple of times in the first half it looked like he could barely be bothered to move.

I know there's a way better player in there than that and I really hope the coaching staff can do what they need to do to get it back.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal