collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:14:39 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jonathan Kodjia - SOLD  (Read 258553 times)

Offline achilles

Re: Jonathan Kodjia - CONFIRMED
« Reply #1245 on: August 12, 2018, 11:28:18 AM »
I can forgive lack of form and confidence, however Kodjia’s body language is atrocious. He looks lazy and disinterested much of the time and doesn’t even break into a jog when he could be pressing.

Totally agree, he needs to see a psychologist, nothing to do with football or fitness, attitude totally wrong!

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1246 on: August 12, 2018, 11:35:29 AM »
I don't think he has ever had great body language. For me he has always been about individual skill. 
The best player on the playground who never passes. His team contribution has always been limited

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1247 on: August 12, 2018, 12:36:41 PM »
which was ok when he was scoring for fun. But the jokes on us when he doesn't score at all. Needs binning.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #1248 on: August 12, 2018, 12:41:10 PM »
which was ok when he was scoring for fun. But the jokes on us when he doesn't score at all. Needs binning.

This is harsh. We’re two games into the new season. Let’s give him 10 games at least first.
He’s been out a long time and will grow in confidence when he gets of the mark.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1249 on: August 12, 2018, 12:44:16 PM »
I get that, and the horrible injuries - but it's around ten months since he last scored in a competitive game. And that was a penalty.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #1250 on: August 12, 2018, 12:49:38 PM »

This is harsh. We’re two games into the new season. Let’s give him 10 games at least first.

That's right, yes.  As long as we then bin him.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #1251 on: August 12, 2018, 12:55:54 PM »
I don’t think it helps any of our strikers with the hoof ball setup. Davis is the only player suited to that and he’ll be way down Bruce’s pecking order now.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1252 on: August 12, 2018, 01:08:22 PM »
There's no doubt that the club will be working hard on bringing in a couple of strikers and defenders. Weak links yesterday were Jedinak and Kodja which is a big part of the spine of the team. No chance of promotion without a solid spine.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #1253 on: August 12, 2018, 01:11:12 PM »
I don’t think it helps any of our strikers with the hoof ball setup. Davis is the only player suited to that and he’ll be way down Bruce’s pecking order now.
It wasn't hoofball when Mcginn put the ball perfectly on to Kodjas head yesterday and he planted it into the Holte under no pressure.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #1254 on: August 12, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »
Suggesting binning a player who scored nearly 40 goals in his first two seasons in english football is a tad daft, especially someone as talented as him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1255 on: August 12, 2018, 01:14:49 PM »
Suggesting binning a player who scored nearly 40 goals in his first two seasons in english football is a tad daft, especially someone as talented as him.

How long do you allow players to live off past glories though?  McCormack has probably got more goals in the Championship than any other player still playing, but he has effectively been binned off.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #1256 on: August 12, 2018, 01:25:01 PM »
I'd give him a bit longer than two games into a new season, especially now he's had a pre-season behind him.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #1257 on: August 12, 2018, 01:31:59 PM »
I think he needs a goal. He looks like he has zero confidence and he's getting frustrated he can't score which is couterproductive for him. The way he stays down after the misses and looks bemused isn't him not caring, just not seeing the way out of his slump.
The second header at the Holte end, which just went wide, could just as easy have gone in. I think when one does he'll start being the player we expect. I'd stick with him for now.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #1258 on: August 12, 2018, 01:33:11 PM »

How long do you allow players to live off past glories though?  McCormack has probably got more goals in the Championship than any other player still playing, but he has effectively been binned off.

McCormack was binned off because he obviously had a big row Bruce, possibly over who got to go first in lunch queue.
Kodja not scoring in his first two games since season ending injuries doesn’t compare.
I agree it’s a little worrying that he appears to have lost something, but we have to persevere for a bit. His goals kept us in the league during that dismal opening campaign in this league.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1259 on: August 12, 2018, 01:38:49 PM »
I would probably start him against Yeovil and then give RHM some more game time, either in place of him or alongside him - depending on how it's going.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal