collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 08:32:33 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:32:28 PM]

FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:27 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:29:42 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by VillaTim
[Today at 08:26:53 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by VillaTim
[Today at 08:25:57 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by danno
[Today at 08:12:15 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by Luffbralion
[Today at 08:11:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541581 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #3240 on: September 07, 2017, 07:25:08 PM »
I'd really like to see a back office structure chart for us in the last few years under Ellis and compare it to clubs like Tottenham and Everton.  From everything I've heard and seen I reckon ours would've been embarrassing in contrast.  I think a big part of the problem when Stride left during the takeover was the he was pretty much running the club on his own so all the senior management knowledge in the club was lost in 1 go.

You mean when our board was essentially his best mate, his doctor and his solicitor?

Pretty much, that's why I have a big problem with Ellis, He got away with running us like a lower league club for the last 4-5 years because Stride managed to keep us afloat but we were on the brink of a collapse just as bad as the current one when he sold up.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #3241 on: September 07, 2017, 07:37:59 PM »
Why the shite are people talking about Ellis "getting us up"? He wasn't the bloody manager. I am not going to apologise for how badly Lerner got things wrong but the rewriting of history about the marvellous times we had under the travel agent defies belief. For the Tony Barton thing alone he deserves nothing but scorn and a grudge that will never be forgotten.

There is a bloke who looks remarkably like Doctor Tony stood outside Milano restaurant at the moment.

Ah. So the manager took us down, and not Ellis?

I think I understand you now.

No need for the " fuck offs" though. You'll have the mods on your case.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3242 on: September 07, 2017, 07:49:13 PM »
Why the shite are people talking about Ellis "getting us up"? He wasn't the bloody manager. I am not going to apologise for how badly Lerner got things wrong but the rewriting of history about the marvellous times we had under the travel agent defies belief. For the Tony Barton thing alone he deserves nothing but scorn and a grudge that will never be forgotten.

There is a bloke who looks remarkably like Doctor Tony stood outside Milano restaurant at the moment.

So Ellis can take the blame for us going down, but not the credit for getting us up 1st time of asking?

He can take the blame for Turner et al, but not the credit for Taylor, Big Ron, or Little?

I know that's a common theme on here, when it comes to Ellis, but someone is going to have to explain that one to me, as it doesn't seem quite right. In fact, it seems a little idiotic.

Idiotic? Fuck off. You seem to want both sides of the argument rather than me (that is the royal you to include arch apologist SH).

Where on earth have I suggested he ought to take the blame for the failings of one manager and not the successes of another? That's right, I didn't.

You can't throw in bullshit like "he got us back first time round" when the other bloke didn't have the chance to because he sold us (and years too late I might add). That is comparing apples and oranges.

Let's put this simply. Herbert should take little credit for the Taylor appointment. He was lucky enough that Taylor decided to appoint himself. The credit to Ellis there is in keeping the fuck out of his way whilst he fixed it. And that was against the back drop of fans wanting his head on a stick.

His contacts within the game to keep us relevant after our return were to be applauded. His missing the boat when the new money he was bloody involved with organising hitting the game. Well that was criminal.

By the end of his tenure we were charging staff for a cup of tea and couldn't find a tenner down the back of the sofa for a useless cock like Bakke. He was an old shit who was miles out of his time but didn't want to give in because he liked to feel important and it got him out of the house.

And I come back again to Tony Barton. The supercilious old c***.

Well said good sir.

Indeed, all of this and much, much more.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3243 on: September 07, 2017, 08:06:05 PM »
Downing is still a c#nt as well.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3244 on: September 07, 2017, 08:41:26 PM »
Ellis wins hands down. He came back to a club hugely fortunate that was Kings of Europe. It takes a massive kind of shit at what you do to get that side relegated in 5 years. What happened after and any successes subsequently should never diminish that. It's like saying Lerner should been allowed to bring us back up and reducing the 2010-2016 era to a few pages in history to be rebated over how bad it was.

What a load of old cobblers!

Fancy responding to the rest? Or are you just going to continue with your position?

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #3245 on: September 07, 2017, 08:45:31 PM »
Ellis wins hands down. He came back to a club hugely fortunate that was Kings of Europe. It takes a massive kind of shit at what you do to get that side relegated in 5 years. What happened after and any successes subsequently should never diminish that. It's like saying Lerner should been allowed to bring us back up and reducing the 2010-2016 era to a few pages in history to be rebated over how bad it was.

Fancy responding to the rest? Or are you just going to continue with your position?
Doubt you'll see Randy wrapped in a blanket, in the Trinity, in Winter, any time soon.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3246 on: September 07, 2017, 08:47:34 PM »

Doubt you'll see Randy rapped in a blanket, in the Trinity, in Winter, any time soon.

Give me the money Ellis made out of the Villa and I'd sit there stark naked.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3247 on: September 07, 2017, 08:50:28 PM »

I've said everything I want to say. Nothing Ellis did at Villa compares to the crap we were put through since 2010, absolutely nothing.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #3248 on: September 07, 2017, 08:53:37 PM »

Doubt you'll see Randy rapped in a blanket, in the Trinity, in Winter, any time soon.

Why, if he doesn't love "The Villa" does he keep turning up?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3249 on: September 07, 2017, 08:55:55 PM »

Because there's nowhere else in the world where he is well-known.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #3250 on: September 07, 2017, 08:57:18 PM »

Because there's nowhere else in the world where he is well-known.

Bang on.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3251 on: September 07, 2017, 08:57:28 PM »

Because he's got no friends or anything else to do, apparently.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3252 on: September 07, 2017, 08:58:57 PM »
Doug still goes and at his age, he doesn't have to. Maybe he goes to remind everyone he used to run the place (and I'm sure he does) but it's harmless none the less.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #3253 on: September 07, 2017, 08:59:40 PM »

Ah. So the manager took us down, and not Ellis?

I think I understand you now.

No need for the " fuck offs" though. You'll have the mods on your case.

I won't.

And I have absolutely no idea what on earth that post and quotation is aimed at.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3254 on: September 07, 2017, 09:00:34 PM »
Personally, I consider treating the manager of the greatest ever moment in our history like shit, and then treating his widow and family like shit is worse. Lerner fucked up spectacularly and was ultimately a disaster, he never treated a great Villa man like shit though.

May also be worth thinking why Super Ron never visited VP under Ellis apart from the Barton game, and yet was back under Lerner. And why so many of the 80-82 side hate Ellis.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal