collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 11:06:58 PM]

Snooker by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 11:00:28 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by DrGonzo
[Today at 10:59:54 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:53:45 PM]

FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 10:49:02 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by DrGonzo
[Today at 10:48:26 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 10:41:39 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 10:02:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541607 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #1050 on: September 01, 2016, 07:45:54 AM »
I see somebody tweeted him saying he wants to return his season tickets as the club have sold his kids favourite player. There's a few who contact him looking for a freebie (like when the General was on here) or some sort of 'experience', I don't believe for one minute Traore was a favourite player of anybody. Unless they have an obsession with medical reports and treatment rooms.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #1051 on: September 01, 2016, 07:50:33 AM »
I see somebody tweeted him saying he wants to return his season tickets as the club have sold his kids favourite player. There's a few who contact him looking for a freebie (like when the General was on here) or some sort of 'experience', I don't believe for one minute Traore was a favourite player of anybody. Unless they have an obsession with medical reports and treatment rooms.

Can you imagine the ticket requests he'd have if we got through to the play off final?

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #1052 on: September 01, 2016, 08:09:09 AM »

Can you imagine the ticket requests he'd have if we got through to the play off final?

I think you mean the FA Cup Final surely?  ;-)

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #1053 on: September 01, 2016, 08:10:40 AM »

I think you mean the FA Cup Final surely?  ;-)

My mishtake.

Online walsall villain

« Reply #1054 on: September 01, 2016, 08:18:58 AM »
We have had to get over the selling of proper stars in the past, Gerry Hitchens was the first I remember, Andy Gray, David Platt, Dwight Yorke etc etc. Traore? I don't think so! If he was your favourite you would have had added disappointment last year as he was almost invisible.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #1055 on: September 01, 2016, 08:46:51 AM »
On Gabby rejecting Reading :

I was disappointed with this. I said2gabby that going somewhere even he unlikes playing convince us a real man. https://t.co/EcIOXRLfG1
fuck me- is that for real, or just a pisstake? This has got 'huge pile up on the M5' written all over it, if he carries on like this. The comment is harsh, but fair. My worry though is if when/ if we hit a rough patch of form that he starts slagging individual players, or the manager.

Hopefully he just retreats now and let's the management and players get on with the business of getting us promoted. Nice work on the transfer front Tone, but for the love of Christ, stop going on Twitter now until you announce more signings in Jan!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1056 on: September 01, 2016, 08:53:03 AM »
That twitter bloke is Fergal esque in his "give me a freebie" whining.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
« Reply #1057 on: September 01, 2016, 09:57:10 AM »
That twitter bloke is Fergal esque in his "give me a freebie" whining.

Doc my 13 year old son and I have been attending Villa matches together for 25 years, this year due to you not renewing my son's two favourite players contracts, Kieran Richardson and Charles N'Zogbia, we haven't been to a single Villa match and are considering supporting Man City unless we can get two tickets for the playoff final. It would break my heart to have to support another club.

Obviously I'll have to somehow condense that into 140 characters.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #1058 on: September 01, 2016, 10:11:12 AM »
really enjoyed the last few pages of 50/6070's "jokes" so here is my one and only effort...

my wife was looking at herself in the mirror and says "I'm fat and ugly...say something to cheer me up"

me: well your eyesight's perfect :)

cheers Tone for the tweets and a near decent transfer window...well done to all at the Villa

UTV
The Doc

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1059 on: September 01, 2016, 01:39:31 PM »
On Gabby rejecting Reading :

I was disappointed with this. I said2gabby that going somewhere even he unlikes playing convince us a real man. https://t.co/EcIOXRLfG1
fuck me- is that for real, or just a pisstake? This has got 'huge pile up on the M5' written all over it, if he carries on like this. The comment is harsh, but fair. My worry though is if when/ if we hit a rough patch of form that he starts slagging individual players, or the manager.

Hopefully he just retreats now and let's the management and players get on with the business of getting us promoted. Nice work on the transfer front Tone, but for the love of Christ, stop going on Twitter now until you announce more signings in Jan!

The Club needs to make a stand against players that are taking the p***.  We are in a position with GA to make an example of him and, although it will cost us some money, we should push him away from the day-to-day activities of the club.  If he wants to play around with his own career, that's up to him.  What we shouldn't allow to happen is for him to come back into the squad as it will undermine discipline.  His attitude stinks and attitude is everything when you are trying to build team spirit and discipline.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1060 on: September 01, 2016, 01:46:43 PM »
Just seen this on my Twitter feed:

Leeds United FC ‏@LUFC__  56m56 minutes ago
NEWS | We are sad to announce that #Lufc centre half and total ****** @peppe_ele has been recalled from his loan spell

Offline Ian.

« Reply #1061 on: September 01, 2016, 01:47:15 PM »
Tell it like it is!

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
« Reply #1062 on: September 01, 2016, 01:49:24 PM »

NEWS | We are sad to announce that #Lufc centre half and total c*** @peppe_ele has been recalled from his loan spell

So many Leeds supporters fall for that account. Not sure if it's the same guys that are Beijing Red.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #1063 on: September 01, 2016, 01:53:25 PM »

NEWS | We are sad to announce that #Lufc centre half and total c*** @peppe_ele has been recalled from his loan spell

So many Leeds supporters fall for that account. Not sure if it's the same guys that are Beijing Red.
I've just scrolled down now....yes I see now, well at first glance I thought it was real.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1064 on: September 01, 2016, 01:57:15 PM »
Tone's only a tweet or 2 away from one like that

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal