collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by john e
[Today at 09:04:40 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:02:45 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:01:49 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:00:47 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 08:55:58 PM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 08:51:40 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:48:16 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by danno
[Today at 08:12:15 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541585 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #315 on: August 13, 2016, 03:56:04 PM »
As much as we had some doubts over the people Xia has chosen, it seems to be working quite well so far.

we've played 2 games and lost them both. Far too early to judge whether things are going well or badly.

This is about the chairman or did you expect him to be on the pitch too?

What has he actually done? We've bought some players, sold some and he's been on twitter a bit.

Maybe wait until he's been here for more than a couple of months before judging him either way?

I'm going to judge him on what he has influenced so far and the investment he promised to make and has followed through entirely. Everyone has a role to play in this and the chairman's influence only extends so far. The players/coaches/manager now have to do their bit. So if I am compartmentalizing my praise/criticism then it is so far so good for Xia. And especially when you consider the scepticism that surrounded his takeover and reputed wealth. He's come through and if you believe what you read or hear there's more players coming in soon. What more did you expect of him?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #316 on: August 13, 2016, 04:11:53 PM »
I don't see why you always have to go to such extremes.

Yesterday you were telling us Wyness was playing s blinder behind the scenes based on us signing a player before the deadline.

It's just so over the top - give it some decent time before judging either way.

I just don't see how you can make any judgement on Xia after two matches. A few tweets and spending a bit  more than we recoup? Is that all it takes?

As for what more do I expect of him, I want to see how he reacts when we are in trouble. Or when we need to push the boat out financially. Or how he reacts if RDM fails to get results.

All the things the last chairman fucked up and all the things that happen over time.

And that's why it is impossible to make any meaningful judgement of him yet, good or bad
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 04:14:26 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #317 on: August 13, 2016, 04:17:22 PM »
I like the fact that he's visible and seems interested in the club.  That's progress from the previous six years, as long as it lasts and he doesn't get bored with it.  We probably need to get used to the fact that he's a tad eccentric but it's an improvement on Lerner (who was a right yampy fucker, going by his press releases).

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #318 on: August 13, 2016, 04:18:12 PM »
Relatively speaking to the league we are in has he not pushed the boat out further financially than any other team? And if put in the terms "so far" how is that being extreme? By definition it is saying he hasn't done everything and of course we need to judge him over time. Where have I suggested otherwise?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #319 on: August 13, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »
but Paulie you asked what he'd done, and a big part of what he's done is he's made the place feel better and he's done it with a bit of transparency of twitter and following through on that with signings.

As I've said earlier on this thread I'm totally onside with the twitter thing because what he's really done is show that he, and by extension the club, can see the same problems that we see, it's very easy to undervalue that and miss the fact that he's doing a greart job of rebuilding trust between the club and fans.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #320 on: August 13, 2016, 04:21:55 PM »
I don't see why you always have to go to such extremes.

Yesterday you were telling us Wyness was playing s blinder behind the scenes based on us signing a player before the deadline.

It's just so over the top - give it some decent time before judging either way.

I just don't see how you can make any judgement on Xia after two matches. A few tweets and spending a bit  more than we recoup? Is that all it takes?

As for what more do I expect of him, I want to see how he reacts when we are in trouble. Or when we need to push the boat out financially. Or how he reacts if RDM fails to get results.

All the things the last chairman fucked up and all the things that happen over time.

And that's why it is impossible to make any meaningful judgement of him yet, good or bad

I agree. I'd even be willing to say it looks promising, but the reality is that Aston Villa are outside of the top tier of English football, and there is hard work to be done to get the club back where it belongs. I'll judge him if and when that comes off.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2016, 04:35:03 PM »
It is easy to be onside when things are going well, but lets see how he handles himself when things are not going the way that he likes. Personally, I don't like some of the things he's tweeted, they are best kept within the club, especially when tweeting about players individually.
I am no great fan of Agbonlahor, but by tweeting about him publicly and his position within the club as it stands, Agbonlahor could easily raise it as a legal issue if he sees it  that he is being forced/farmed out against his wishes.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #322 on: August 13, 2016, 05:19:21 PM »
‏@Dr_TonyXia
Vvvvvvvvvvvvilla is BACK! ✌

You have to laugh. Good for him

Offline jwarry

« Reply #323 on: August 13, 2016, 05:24:40 PM »
‏@Dr_TonyXia
Vvvvvvvvvvvvilla is BACK! ✌

You have to laugh. Good for him

Love it 😂

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #324 on: August 13, 2016, 05:56:46 PM »
It will almost certainly end in tears, but at the moment I love him. His celebrations and waving at every stand etc was ace.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #325 on: August 13, 2016, 06:25:01 PM »
He was loving the adulation today, fair play to him, and let's hope it continues.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #326 on: August 13, 2016, 06:33:40 PM »
He is and he's just enjoying it. He's bought the club and stumped up £25m or whatever it is now on players. Glad we got a win for all of us.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #327 on: August 13, 2016, 06:37:05 PM »
It's probably not the done thing as an owner to be doing what he was doing near the end of the game but sod it, I loved it.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #328 on: August 13, 2016, 06:42:44 PM »
If he'd made an unimpressive start to his tenure, it would be too early to reach a negative judgment. The same applies inversely.

What he's done so far seems entirely satisfactory. Why do we need to say any more than that?

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #329 on: August 13, 2016, 07:11:29 PM »
Why is it wrong though? Having just spanked £100m on the club and new players why not have some enjoyment out if it. It's football not running the country. UTV!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal