collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Fan Voted Player of the Year by LeeB
[Today at 09:10:31 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 09:10:12 PM]

Snooker by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:09:41 PM]

VAR by olaftab
[Today at 09:08:19 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 09:06:07 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by FatSam
[Today at 08:58:23 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by eamonn
[Today at 08:50:37 PM]

The NFL Thread (with added College Football) by Rotterdam
[Today at 08:42:17 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Fan Voted Player of the Year by LeeB
[Today at 09:10:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 09:10:12 PM]

Re: Snooker by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:09:41 PM]

Re: VAR by olaftab
[Today at 09:08:19 PM]

Re: Fan Voted Player of the Year by OCD
[Today at 09:07:39 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 09:06:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 09:05:50 PM]

Re: Snooker by Exeter 77
[Today at 09:02:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aaron Tshibola  (Read 121020 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Aaron Tshibola - Confirmed
« Reply #270 on: December 14, 2016, 08:58:36 PM »
I saw him play v Huddersfield and he played quite well for an hour before getting injured.

Given SB's comments last night I think we'll see him from the start v QPR.

I think he has shown glimpses when he has played and the game against Newcastle turned when he came on.  He reminds me a bit of Delph when we first bought him, with a similar knack of picking up injuries.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #271 on: December 14, 2016, 09:26:29 PM »
Maybe he isn't very good, the little I've seen of him didn't make me wonder why he had played so few games for Reading before we signed him.

No. Great potential - Reading fans were gutted to lose him. He's still very Young and a bit raw. Give the guy time! I bet you were writing off Jedinak after his first few games??
Maybe he isn't very good, the little I've seen of him didn't make me wonder why he had played so few games for Reading before we signed him.

No. Great potential - Reading fans were gutted to lose him. He's still very Young and a bit raw. Give the guy time! I bet you were writing off Jedinak after his first few games??

I merely wondered what everybody had seen in him that made them think he should be in the team. He's probably better than Westwood seems to be the only answer I've seen.

Given that Westwood plays pretty regularly, isn't that a good enough reason?

I'd throw in that he seems to be bigger than any alternative, quicker than any alternative, stronger than any alternative and has scored no fewer goals than any alternative, even though that's not really his job.

I'd say that the things above are reasons to not completely ignore him.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #272 on: December 14, 2016, 09:33:10 PM »
Maybe he has a really crap attitude as it can't be because of ability that he's behind Westwood and Gardner. Then again I don't understand why RHM, Green and even Lyden seem to have vanished as I don't think any of them are on loan.

Online Dave

« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2016, 09:44:46 PM »
Maybe he has a really crap attitude as it can't be because of ability that he's behind Westwood and Gardner. Then again I don't understand why RHM, Green and even Lyden seem to have vanished as I don't think any of them are on loan.

It's certainly not impossible that he might just be acting up.

I would just find it odd if that were the case. He's a young guy who's spent nearly a decade slogging through youth team football and spent last year happily on loan at Hartlepool.

It would be strange if he chose now to get stroppy just as he might make it if he finds a way to make his face fit.

Steve Bruce has never struck me as somebody that bothered about bringing young players through, which would tally with the others who are MIA.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 09:46:45 PM by Dave »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #274 on: December 14, 2016, 10:09:28 PM »
I guess with a 5m transfer we've given him a hefty weekly wage, considerably larger than what he was earning at Reading.

Could be he's lost focus and motivation from that....wouldn't be the first or last young player to lose that desire as seemingly he is lacking in his reserve outings.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #275 on: December 14, 2016, 10:11:08 PM »

I'd throw in that he seems to be bigger than any alternative, quicker than any alternative, stronger than any alternative and has scored no fewer goals than any alternative, even though that's not really his job.

I've no idea, that's why I asked. I'd never heard of him when we signed him and I doubt anybody else on here had judging by the amount of games he's played. The little I've seen of him he didn't seem to improve our already piss poor midfield, I'm not writing him off though.

Online Dave

« Reply #276 on: December 14, 2016, 10:39:07 PM »

I've no idea, that's why I asked. I'd never heard of him when we signed him and I doubt anybody else on here had judging by the amount of games he's played. The little I've seen of him he didn't seem to improve our already piss poor midfield, I'm not writing him off though.

There weren't many players that improved us under Di Matteo. The Grealish of that time didn't improve our midfield. Nor did the Jedinak. Yet they look better in the current setup.

It's just a bit odd that some players have been given so much more of an opportunity than others, despite not really showing why they deserve all those extra opportunities.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #277 on: December 14, 2016, 11:35:52 PM »
I think it might be fitness and energy that's the biggest problem for Bruce

Not surprising seeing as Brucey retired twenty years ago.....

Offline peter w

« Reply #278 on: December 15, 2016, 10:24:35 AM »
he could be out of the team simply because he hasn't shown Bruce in training that he's worth a spot. same goes for Lyden, Russian, Green and whoever is being touted for playing simply because everyone else is crap. If they aren't showing Bruce that they are worthy of a spot and look worse than what we already have, as poor as that is, I can't see what Bruce can do. He can't just throw someone in cross fingers and hope for the best.

Offline achilles

« Reply #279 on: December 15, 2016, 10:56:43 AM »
he could be out of the team simply because he hasn't shown Bruce in training that he's worth a spot. same goes for Lyden, Russian, Green and whoever is being touted for playing simply because everyone else is crap. If they aren't showing Bruce that they are worthy of a spot and look worse than what we already have, as poor as that is, I can't see what Bruce can do. He can't just throw someone in cross fingers and hope for the best.

That is very true but if none of the reserves are worth considering as better than the current players in the first team then we really are in a terrible state of affairs.
In that case we may as well get rid of the reserves as they are a waste of time and money as well as KMac etc!

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #280 on: December 15, 2016, 10:58:41 AM »
I hope he's been kept away from the first team to prevent me from having Bohemian Rhapsody in my head each time he plays.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #281 on: December 15, 2016, 05:59:54 PM »
Tshibola was the "19th man" at Norwich according to the Mail so at least he is still being involved albeit on the periphery.
Bruce sounded like he wanted to make wholesale changes for the QPR game so there's a good chance Tish will be on the bench at least.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2016, 02:27:06 PM »
I hope he's been kept away from the first team to prevent me from having Bohemian Rhapsody in my head each time he plays.

Which will now be in my head whenever I see his name

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #283 on: December 16, 2016, 02:33:28 PM »
Tshibola was the "19th man" at Norwich according to the Mail so at least he is still being involved albeit on the periphery.
Bruce sounded like he wanted to make wholesale changes for the QPR game so there's a good chance Tish will be on the bench at least.

"19th man"! What an accolade for a player. Every young boy's dream.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2016, 02:57:10 PM »
I saw him play in the pre season at Cambridge.  Okay it was only Cambridge United but the previous week they had more than held their own against Ipswich and we coasted to a 3 - O victory.  My picks of our team were three players now seemingly binned, namely Tshibola, Andre Green and Rushian Hepburn Murphy. Tshibola looked big, athletic and positive that night.  Green was quick and always looking to get involved while RH-M buzzed and burrowed in the opposition penalty box.  Any one of those three would improve the side that did not fancy it at Norwich.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal