collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aaron Tshibola  (Read 120722 times)

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Aaron Tshibola
« Reply #645 on: August 30, 2019, 04:38:31 PM »
So was Bree wasn't he?  Came around the same time as Hourihane.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #646 on: August 30, 2019, 04:44:09 PM »
I honestly don't think we can judge the guy.  We bought a 21 year old who needed to continue playing and to develop as all young players do and then we played him only eight times, provided little consistency in terms of management, and farmed him off to other clubs.

Absolutely no one is going to develop and show their potential like that and we probably let him down as a club more than he ever had a chance to let us down.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts.  It's not really fair to level criticisms on how good he was when we brought him for his potential then did absolutely nothing to develop it.  We overpaid for him, but that's hardly his fault.

Good luck to the lad, anyway.  Hope the move to Belgium works out for him.

I agree, I think he could've been a decent player from what I saw but when RDM went we needed a manager like Smith to come in if we were going to nurture players like him, by going shit or bust we effectively cut our loses on almost anyone under about 22-23 who wasn't already established in the first team, the really odd bit of that is that he signed a couple of the people that he then pretty much ignored and who have now moved on (in Bedeau and Bree).
Bedeau was a Bruce buy, wasn't he?
Same point applies, though.

Yep, as I said, he signed Bree and Bedeau and then did nothing to help them achieve their potential, just left them to it in the hope that they might be useful to him later.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #647 on: August 30, 2019, 06:55:52 PM »
I honestly don't think we can judge the guy.  We bought a 21 year old who needed to continue playing and to develop as all young players do and then we played him only eight times, provided little consistency in terms of management, and farmed him off to other clubs.

Absolutely no one is going to develop and show their potential like that and we probably let him down as a club more than he ever had a chance to let us down.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts.  It's not really fair to level criticisms on how good he was when we brought him for his potential then did absolutely nothing to develop it.  We overpaid for him, but that's hardly his fault.

Good luck to the lad, anyway.  Hope the move to Belgium works out for him.

I agree, I think he could've been a decent player from what I saw but when RDM went we needed a manager like Smith to come in if we were going to nurture players like him, by going shit or bust we effectively cut our loses on almost anyone under about 22-23 who wasn't already established in the first team, the really odd bit of that is that he signed a couple of the people that he then pretty much ignored and who have now moved on (in Bedeau and Bree).
Bedeau was a Bruce buy, wasn't he?
Same point applies, though.

Yep, as I said, he signed Bree and Bedeau and then did nothing to help them achieve their potential, just left them to it in the hope that they might be useful to him later.

That's the championship for ya.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #648 on: August 30, 2019, 07:10:47 PM »

His agent must be very persuasive and Tish must be very keen to move on:

Waasland-Beveren are bottom of the Belgian Pro League and are currently managerless

They've had 8 managers since May 2014, the most recent one got the chop last week.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #649 on: August 30, 2019, 07:38:49 PM »
I wonder did we have to pay him off. The Belgian club would hardly afford what he's been earning here.
I think Steve Clarke was in Bobby Di Matteo's ear on signing Tish having coached him at Reading.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal