collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by TaxDodger
[Today at 10:39:55 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by AV84
[Today at 10:32:01 AM]

Champions League Contention by Dave P
[Today at 10:31:00 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Drummond
[Today at 10:29:27 AM]

Robin Olsen by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:28:09 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Ads
[Today at 10:04:48 AM]

Ollie Watkins by itbrvilla
[Today at 09:42:08 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aaron Tshibola  (Read 120823 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Aaron Tshibola
« Reply #630 on: August 30, 2019, 09:06:58 AM »
Good work by the villa getting shot of that car crash

I'm not sure what he's done wrong other than just not being up to Villa's level. Have I missed something ?

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #631 on: August 30, 2019, 09:18:21 AM »
I wish him well, I don't know why but I always felt a bit sorry for him.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #632 on: August 30, 2019, 09:40:23 AM »
Good luck to him. I don’t get the saltiness about players like him leaving. You could say he wasted some good years of his career playing for a car crash club.

I’ll save my bad vibes for the real piss takers and there have been plenty of those in recent years.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #633 on: August 30, 2019, 09:42:35 AM »
Good luck to him. I don’t get the saltiness about players like him leaving. You could say he wasted some good years of his career playing for a car crash club.

I’ll save my bad vibes for the real piss takers and there have been plenty of those in recent years.

Sums up my thoughts exactly. No reason to wish him any ill will.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #634 on: August 30, 2019, 10:06:40 AM »
Good luck to him, he was part of a poor period of our history when we were paying over the odds for mediocre/poor players.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #635 on: August 30, 2019, 10:18:09 AM »
He's just like a ten times more expensive Jordan Bowery.  Absolute nothing player.  He'll be one of those players you can never remember when trying to do a "fill in the names of the players" quiz on the BBC website in ten years time.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #636 on: August 30, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
I honestly don't think we can judge the guy.  We bought a 21 year old who needed to continue playing and to develop as all young players do and then we played him only eight times, provided little consistency in terms of management, and farmed him off to other clubs.

Absolutely no one is going to develop and show their potential like that and we probably let him down as a club more than he ever had a chance to let us down.

Offline KRS

« Reply #637 on: August 30, 2019, 12:06:42 PM »
I don’t actually remember ever actually watching him play for us...how many games (or minutes) did he play for us in all the years that he’s been with us? He clearly wasn’t good enough to be excluded by so many managers. A bad signing but that’s not his fault and wish him all the best with his career.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #638 on: August 30, 2019, 12:25:52 PM »
If anyone deserves criticism it's Roberto Di Matteo. From the lad's point of view someone was showing enough faith in him to warrant a £5m transfer, he would have been getting a big jump in pay and moving to a much bigger club. He's hardly going to have said no. Unfortunately Di Matteo and Steve Clarke's faith was misplaced and he didn't have the talent to live up to the potential they thought he had.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #639 on: August 30, 2019, 12:44:13 PM »
I honestly don't think we can judge the guy.  We bought a 21 year old who needed to continue playing and to develop as all young players do and then we played him only eight times, provided little consistency in terms of management, and farmed him off to other clubs.

Absolutely no one is going to develop and show their potential like that and we probably let him down as a club more than he ever had a chance to let us down.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts.  It's not really fair to level criticisms on how good he was when we brought him for his potential then did absolutely nothing to develop it.  We overpaid for him, but that's hardly his fault.

Good luck to the lad, anyway.  Hope the move to Belgium works out for him.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #640 on: August 30, 2019, 02:06:11 PM »
If anyone deserves criticism it's Roberto Di Matteo. From the lad's point of view someone was showing enough faith in him to warrant a £5m transfer, he would have been getting a big jump in pay and moving to a much bigger club. He's hardly going to have said no. Unfortunately Di Matteo and Steve Clarke's faith was misplaced and he didn't have the talent to live up to the potential they thought he had.

I do remember the reaction of the Reading fans at the time though who regretted him leaving their club and were convinced he'd do very well with Villa. It seems a bit strange for them to think that if he was such a dead loss.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #641 on: August 30, 2019, 02:11:14 PM »
It's always a big risk to bring in such a raw talent. We've seen so many kids over the years who promised a lot but delivered little. It's management who have to assess whether, in this case, the player is worth the £5m. At the time we had a poor management team who didn't have the ability to get such decisions right. The current set-up are far more worthy of trust to get these decisions right.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #642 on: August 30, 2019, 02:26:06 PM »
I think his main problem is his attitude.  Rumours of having a bad one whilst here, and then when his season-long loan was cut short by MK, all their fans said the same thing too.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #643 on: August 30, 2019, 02:32:51 PM »

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.  It's not really fair to level criticisms on how good he was when we brought him for his potential then did absolutely nothing to develop it.  We overpaid for him, but that's hardly his fault.

I agree, I think he could've been a decent player from what I saw but when RDM went we needed a manager like Smith to come in if we were going to nurture players like him, by going shit or bust we effectively cut our loses on almost anyone under about 22-23 who wasn't already established in the first team, the really odd bit of that is that he signed a couple of the people that he then pretty much ignored and who have now moved on (in Bedeau and Bree).

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #644 on: August 30, 2019, 03:53:02 PM »

I agree, I think he could've been a decent player from what I saw but when RDM went we needed a manager like Smith to come in if we were going to nurture players like him, by going shit or bust we effectively cut our loses on almost anyone under about 22-23 who wasn't already established in the first team, the really odd bit of that is that he signed a couple of the people that he then pretty much ignored and who have now moved on (in Bedeau and Bree).
Bedeau was a Bruce buy, wasn't he?
Same point applies, though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal