collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dr X to buy other clubs  (Read 9660 times)

Online Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Dr X to buy other clubs
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »
I bet it's getting quieter over in Bordesley.

Had a peek and what do you know the elusive Rags has posted, and surprisingly revealed absolutely nothing.

He did post this though;

Can't remember how much "Dr" Tony is giving Villa for players ... was it £30 million the fans were creaming themselves over ?

Not sure who he's looking at but Watford have turned down an offer of £25 million for Troy Deeney from Leicester, so he may need to dig a little deeper for those 8 Premiership standard players he wants.

And despite other posters requesting him to post his revelations he has failed to do so. Perhaps he's keeping his powder dry until we're back in the Premier then he can cry foul.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2016, 03:56:26 PM »
LTA = Looking Towards Armageddon

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2016, 03:59:24 PM »
On the day we secure promotion

Looks Totally Apoplectic.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2016, 04:20:55 PM »
Lawn Tennis Association.

Offline Seb_AVFC

• Belgian Villains
  • GM : 31.07.2022
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2016, 06:56:19 PM »
Like Risso I recall the Man U - Antwerp link, but I don't recall it leading to anything. Are there any examples of this arrangement working between different countries as opposed to the feeder club system in Italy?

I know Watford have a link via their owner with an Italian club (Udinese?) but I am not too sure what that gives them. Presumably the option to push players to England - if so is it a case of Watford having first dibs and how much say does the player have in coming?

Man U had had loads of youth players spend time at Antwerp, including Jonny Evans.

O'shea, Heaton, Higginbottam (sp), Chadwick,... they had quite a few decent players on loan back then.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2016, 07:02:08 PM »
I would like us to buy River Plate from Argentina ;) for nursery club. I do think we need a b team to develop young players and we should have an european team so our players can learn to play in europe and understand different culture in football.

Offline supertom

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2016, 07:02:47 PM »
It doesn't bother me much either way. It won't really make much difference to us to have links to mediocre foreign clubs, because lets face it, we're not going to establish links with Barca or Real Madrid.
On the other hand I wouldn't want too much of our owners attention being taken from Villa. This is a bloody tough job he's got to back up his promises.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2016, 08:46:01 PM »
Doctor X should give Beckham a call to see if he wants help with his MLS franchsise, Miami Villa works nicely as a name

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2016, 10:52:47 PM »
Like Risso I recall the Man U - Antwerp link, but I don't recall it leading to anything. Are there any examples of this arrangement working between different countries as opposed to the feeder club system in Italy?

I know Watford have a link via their owner with an Italian club (Udinese?) but I am not too sure what that gives them. Presumably the option to push players to England - if so is it a case of Watford having first dibs and how much say does the player have in coming?
Dr X isn't talking about merely linking up with clubs like Man U with Antwerp, he's looking to follow the Man City model of actually owning other clubs.
City's offices at the new academy ground next to the Etihad are the headquarters of the "City Football Group" and all 4 clubs logos are on the reception wall - Man City, New York City, Melbourne City & the Japanese club.
The New York part doesn't seem so bad to me as it is a newly formed club, but I'm not comfortable in buying up existing clubs and enforcing our Villa name and colours on it (as wonderful as they are). Melbourne City used to be Melbourne Heart, playing in red - I can't imagine many football fans would welcome such a change of identity to their club, and would probably end up resenting the parent club.
Imagine if we'd been told we'd become the Birmingham Browns when Randy bought us!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2016, 11:16:36 PM »
Doctor X should give Beckham a call to see if he wants help with his MLS franchsise, Miami Villa works nicely as a name

Given our historical involvement with the city, I'd rather we went with the new Atlanta franchise but they've already chosen the tedious United as their name.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2016, 12:51:54 AM »
On the day we secure promotion

Looks Totally Apoplectic.

Noel Edmonds has an opinion on what LTA's negative energy may do. I never understood why Noel Edmonds was so disliked until then but boy did it hit me. It was like being hit by a truck driven by Mike Tyson.

Loves Turd Apostles.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2016, 06:45:23 AM »
life threatening arrhythmia

Offline AV89

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »
I reckon LTA is Paul Franks

Offline peter w