collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: IQLowe: Adventures of a Villa fan  (Read 20940 times)

Offline IQLowe 33

IQLowe: Adventures of a Villa fan
« on: May 20, 2016, 02:23:33 PM »
Hi there Villa admin I wonder if you would be open minded enough to have a look at my project of the above named and give me your opinion.

I think some of it (ast least) is funny but then I would say that wouldn't I? To access material please go to trevor beddows you tube.A refusal would neither hurt

me nor surprise me.

Yours Trevor Beddows.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:27:09 PM by IQLowe 33 »

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
Re: IQLowe: Adventures of a Villa fan
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 03:16:35 PM »
The first few seconds of this is the act of a very, very brave man, and one clearly with a sense of humour (even if I lost the plot with the rest).

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 03:49:22 PM »
It has a plot woofles- maybe a better performer than I could have conveyed that. I am after all an amateur.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 04:37:42 PM »

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »
How bizarre indeed, PWS! They said that about Monthy Python when they first hit our screens.

There are some bloody good lines in there if you care to look for them.

BTW, the real targets are not Villa fans but those fools who have allowed themselves to be gulled into thinking that Nigel Farage

is the the answer to all our problems.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 04:53:35 PM by IQLowe 33 »

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 06:47:38 PM »
I suppose the Heathen should be given credit to put some thought into it. The Villa fan as the moronic sub human brother of his sophisticated Bluenose sibling.

Birmingham City, we're coming for  you.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 07:11:37 PM »
I suppose this is the inevitable result of cuts to public sector budgets in the UK.  The mentally disadvantaged aren't receiving the care and support that they clearly need. 

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 07:13:57 PM »
I suppose the Heathen should be given credit to put some thought into it. The Villa fan as the moronic sub human brother of his sophisticated Bluenose sibling.

Birmingham City, we're coming for  you.

yes you spotted the deliberate role reversal. At least you watched from the beginning whereas anyone picking up on the naked guy would be rather more

challenged. Thanks for your comments.

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 07:17:00 PM »
I suppose this is the inevitable result of cuts to public sector budgets in the UK.  The mentally disadvantaged aren't receiving the care and support that they clearly need.

Oh come on! As IQ Lowe would tell you the mentally ill* are really cynical dole queue scroungers. It really isn't very much to do with the Villa/ Birmingham divide.

More of an attack on The Sun.

*He himself is so mentally ill that he is quite certain that only other people are mentally ill.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 05:29:10 AM by IQLowe 33 »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 08:27:15 PM »

Oh come on! As IQ Lowe would tell you the mentally are really cynical queue scroungers. It really isn't very much to do with the Villa? Birmingham divide. More of

an attack on The Sun.

I love a good piece of satire and if you as a Birmingham City fan, had come up with a genuinely funny pisstake of Villa fans I would honestly say "well done".  But it isn't funny, or clever, it's just toe-curlingly bad.  Like watching your pissed up Grandma trying to do the hokey-cokey after one or two sherries too many.  So I'm afraid it's a case of "Small Heath's Got No Talent" and it's a no from me.

X

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 09:52:33 PM »

Oh come on! As IQ Lowe would tell you the mentally are really cynical queue scroungers. It really isn't very much to do with the Villa? Birmingham divide. More of

an attack on The Sun.

I love a good piece of satire and if you as a Birmingham City fan, had come up with a genuinely funny pisstake of Villa fans I would honestly say "well done".  But it isn't funny, or clever, it's just toe-curlingly bad.  Like watching your pissed up Grandma trying to do the hokey-cokey after one or two sherries too many.  So I'm afraid it's a case of "Small Heath's Got No Talent" and it's a no from me.

X
Fine, but thanks for taking your time to watch it. But of course you're missing the point: it ISN'T a pisstake of Aston Villa fans. I don't know how many times I'm gonna have to say this but it primarily attack on xenophobes and the like; even there it may still be toe curlingly bad- it might be a shockingly inept attempt to satirize a certain little Englander mentality but I can live with that.

Can't you SEE that whatever its faults it aint got much to do with either Aston Villa or Birmingham city?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 11:33:55 PM »
The person in the video I saw was wearing a Villa hat and scarf. And nothing else, more worryingly. If it was a attack on Little Englanders rather than an attempt at poking fun at Villa fans, I fail to see the significance of the apparel.

Offline IQLowe 33

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 05:21:42 AM »
I wouldn't and couldn't pretend that there is more than an element of Villa baiting but if you'd care to look

you'd see that the majority of the material is indeed  directed at right wing numbskulls. It may surprise some that I don't

actually believe Birmingham fans to be superior in intelligence, breeding etc to Villa fans; hell I was threatened with physical violence

by a Blues fan on the Small Heath Alliance forum because I had the great gall to disagree with him. In fact I've shown my IQ Lowe stuff

to a couple of Blues fans who really don't like it and to a couple of Villa fans who do- even my missus thinks I could do a lot better.

(Although she does like the Wayne Rooney gag)

In point of fact I know damn well that if this material were to find its way onto the SHA forum I'd get far abuse from that source than any

I've received thus far on this forum.

As far as my performance goes yeah I can see that I muff a few lines _ I could certainly do with more sophisticated recording equipment

to reduce external noise levels- you can clearly hear the fan whirring in the background but I still believe there at the very least a few good lines amongst

the weaker stuff.

Anyway all I can say to those who have taken the time to have a look at my efforts is a sincere thank you- I was both surprised that I was even allowed

to post this material on this forum and more thanks are due to your admin.

Oh and it's only just occurred to me that many will dislike it on both levels since a cursory look at the politics section shows me that just as there are

little Englanders on the Blues' boards there are also the same on this one. To me it's a matter of rather childish fun ripping the p out the Villa but I am much

more incensed when I hear people arguing with a string of  phrases picked lock, stock and cliche from The Daily Mail or similar.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:28:53 AM by IQLowe 33 »

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 01:24:48 PM »
As one the forum's resident Right Wing nutjobs - I didn't get it. Am I supposed to be feeling the burn ?

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2016, 06:42:40 PM »
A desperate excuse for a Small Heathen to wear claret and blue. Very sad.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal