collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manager for next season  (Read 729040 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Manager for next season
« Reply #1395 on: March 31, 2016, 10:25:11 AM »
Howe has a multi billionaire owner and a job for life. 

I would be happy with Warburton too.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #1396 on: March 31, 2016, 10:35:49 AM »
I'd be happy with Moyes under these (shit) circumstances. He'll be on a tight budget, but showed at everton he can deliver under a tight financial regime.

Failing that, Warburton at Rangers interests me. I think he may be able to do a job for us. Let's not forget, thinking purely short term, our aim for next season is promotion by hook or by crook. Every season we're down there we'll be falling further behind.

I already feel better about things knowing bevington, little and Bernstein are on board and trust that we'll hopefully get the right man in to turn things round. Of equal importance is shifting the shit (most of them) on the playing side of things. Root and branch reform of the whole culture on the playing staff. That's easier said than done admittedly, but it needs to happen if we are to jettison this air of malaise and mediocrity (and that's being kind) in the senior squad.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1397 on: March 31, 2016, 10:36:34 AM »
I would go for someone proven to get teams out if the championship. Moyes is not that man.

The slightly nutty Pearson or Bruce for me.

(I know I've changed my view in 24 hours, call me Cameron)

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #1398 on: March 31, 2016, 10:45:19 AM »
I also think we need some disciplinarians and talent in equal measure on the coaching staff. At the very least I want to see us commence next season with a fully fit squad bursting to go and with a clear idea of the overall system and what is required of each player. The preparation and start to the last couple of seasons under Lambert and Sherwood was inexcusable and contributed hugely to setting the tone of struggle each season. Enough is enough. We really need to be in the top 2 or 3 at Christmas to have a good chance of going up first time around

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1399 on: March 31, 2016, 10:46:31 AM »
I would go for someone proven to get teams out if the championship. Moyes is not that man.

Why is it that we scoffed at "Premier League experience needed" in the past but Championship experience is now vital? As with players it seems the Championship is some sort of unique entity, the only level of football that requires a different skill set to everywhere else when in reality it's exactly the same - the best wins.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1400 on: March 31, 2016, 10:48:12 AM »

Why is it that we scoffed at "Premier League experience needed" in the past but Championship experience is now vital? As with players it seems the Championship is some sort of unique entity, the only level of football that requires a different skill set to everywhere else when in reality it's exactly the same - the best wins.

Bingo!

Offline The_ads

« Reply #1401 on: March 31, 2016, 11:11:42 AM »
Far too much made of this 'must require championship experience' theory. How many bad managers have got teams promoted over the years. Danny Wilson? Billy Davies? Alex Mcleish? Paul Jewell? Where are these 'great experienced' managers now eh? He's getting a slating on here but many people in and around football absolutely love Nigel Pearson. The persona he demonstrates with the media is not one he replicates with his players. I've heard that the family of Jeff Astle won't hear a bad word against him for the way he treated them at the Albion, and I know Chris Lepowski of the Meaning Evil talks about him very highly. He is a no nonsense, tough, uncompromising character and it's exactly what this football club needs next season.

Offline villabear

« Reply #1402 on: March 31, 2016, 11:13:22 AM »
Ruud Gullit anyone?

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/aston-villa/gullit-admits-villa-job-interest-2082949.html#.Vvz3Z0V4XCQ

As a player he's still probably better even at age 53 than what we've currently got. As a manager it's a non starter surely?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1403 on: March 31, 2016, 11:13:33 AM »
He's getting a slating on here but many people in and around football absolutely love Nigel Pearson.

His last employers didn't.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1404 on: March 31, 2016, 11:13:53 AM »
Welcome to the site Mr Pearson.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #1405 on: March 31, 2016, 11:20:52 AM »
Warburton is an interesting one, did a good job at Brentford and appears to be impressing in Scotland too. However, would he leave Rangers after just a year when they are about to go into the SPL and do battle with Celtic again for the first time in years? That seems pretty exciting and what he will have gone there for in the first place, can't see him being tempted away this early.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #1406 on: March 31, 2016, 11:27:10 AM »
I can only assume that anyone describing Nigel Pearson as "no nonsense" didn't listen to any of his press-conferences last season. The guy's a pretentious clown, steer clear please.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #1407 on: March 31, 2016, 11:27:21 AM »
Plenty of people tossed themselves off silly when Remi Garde was appointed yet most people scoff at a bloke with a proven track record of promotion. Strange. The fact that he 'appears' to the outside world slightly unhinged actually gives me encouragement that he'll bomb out the cancer that riddles the club. We are not in a position to be particularly choosy and the prospect of David Moyes is fanciful. We are choosing from a very small pool of fish here and at the moment, not many managers out there will be falling over themselves to come here after seeing the complete fuckery of the last few years

Offline The_ads

« Reply #1408 on: March 31, 2016, 11:28:33 AM »
Don't insult my intelligence mate

I can only assume that anyone describing Nigel Pearson as "no nonsense" didn't listen to any of his press-conferences last season. The guy's a pretentious clown, steer clear please.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1409 on: March 31, 2016, 11:31:04 AM »
There's no 'appears' about it as it's not rumours or anything, you can watch the videos online of him being an odious twunt. He's going to go postal at some stage, and if he was cracking at a shitty little club like Leicester, then the pressure here if things aren't going well could be what sends him over the edge. Even if he is a great manager, which I highly doubt, I want him to be someone else's problem, not ours.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal