collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Peter McParland 90 today by SaddVillan
[Today at 01:44:57 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 01:42:08 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:36:50 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 01:31:49 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Diego Carlos by OCD
[Today at 01:21:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:10:53 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 01:10:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by SaddVillan
[Today at 01:44:57 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 01:42:08 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 01:37:11 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:36:50 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:36:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 01:35:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:34:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:33:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manager for next season  (Read 728937 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Manager for next season
« Reply #6405 on: June 03, 2016, 01:10:49 PM »
This hopefully will end up being a masterstroke of an appointment. Welcome Swiss Rob.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #6406 on: June 03, 2016, 01:54:58 PM »
Red Star were not the richest club on the planet and probably the only way of winning was by stealth
Chelsea had a myriad of world super stars yet played like a lower league team against a top quality side
theire football was shit in that final for the money spent on players, you would have thought they could muster some attacking intent rather than a parked vehicle and a breakaway every now and then
absolute crap in my view

what was even worse was when Mourinho was there and they played Barcelona, admitedely Barca were an ace side, but Chelsea had spent more money on players and should have been able to at least compete,
yet the special one had them watering a quagmire of a pitch which was an embarresment to see, the grass was to be replaced after that particular game, but they were so shit at actually playing decent football like a conference side they made the conditions as bad as they could to give themselves a better chance, and this with all the millions spent

Chelsea are a shit club, with tosspot supporters and don't deserve to win fuck all, especially when playing like a Pulis side and spawning the final,
Wankers, and that's my final word on the subject

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #6407 on: June 03, 2016, 02:15:38 PM »
I'll bet the Inter team in the mid-60s were pretty miserable to watch. From reading reports of the '67 final pretty much the whole of Europe was grateful to Celtic for playing some actual attacking football against the kings of catenaccio.

Offline enigma

« Reply #6408 on: June 03, 2016, 04:51:37 PM »
Are we complaining about how the potential new manager beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich on the way to winning the European Cup?
No, I'm saying that Chelsea side are the worst European Champions ever. Something we probably all agreed on before we hired Di Matteo.

And if that's the case then the manager who dragged the worst European Champions ever to the trophy must have done a pretty phenomenal job.
Or they fluked it :D

So he's a lucky manager then?
Good, we could do with a load of luck.
Well let's hope so. People have jumped to the conclusion that I'm 100% against this appointment when all I said was I'm underwhelmed. But that goes for the coming season and just football generally.

That said, he didn't have much of that luck at his other clubs.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6409 on: June 03, 2016, 04:52:12 PM »
I'll bet the Inter team in the mid-60s were pretty miserable to watch. From reading reports of the '67 final pretty much the whole of Europe was grateful to Celtic for playing some actual attacking football against the kings of catenaccio.

Miserable to watch, but brilliant at what they did.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #6410 on: June 03, 2016, 04:55:09 PM »
Red Star were not the richest club on the planet and probably the only way of winning was by stealth
Chelsea had a myriad of world super stars yet played like a lower league team against a top quality side
theire football was shit in that final for the money spent on players, you would have thought they could muster some attacking intent rather than a parked vehicle and a breakaway every now and then
absolute crap in my view

what was even worse was when Mourinho was there and they played Barcelona, admitedely Barca were an ace side, but Chelsea had spent more money on players and should have been able to at least compete,
yet the special one had them watering a quagmire of a pitch which was an embarresment to see, the grass was to be replaced after that particular game, but they were so shit at actually playing decent football like a conference side they made the conditions as bad as they could to give themselves a better chance, and this with all the millions spent

Chelsea are a shit club, with tosspot supporters and don't deserve to win fuck all, especially when playing like a Pulis side and spawning the final,

I'd like a bit more John, that was great. Spot on.

Football is supposed to be about entertainment.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #6411 on: June 03, 2016, 05:13:23 PM »
absolute crap in my view

Tell it, brother.

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
« Reply #6412 on: June 03, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »
Well, I had reservations about RDM, but if we get the full set of coaches being talked about, I think that's a really strong team.

And obviously the man's got the job now, so he has my unconditional support for at least the next year and a half.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6413 on: June 03, 2016, 05:53:52 PM »
The way Chelsea fans treated Benitez was despicable. They're a classless bunch are arseholes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal