collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:09:43 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:09:43 PM]

Re: MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 11:05:25 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Re: MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:56:39 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 10:55:53 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101165 times)

Offline FatSam

Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #525 on: April 20, 2016, 08:28:31 AM »
I've no problem with him criticising the direction the club is taking.

However, his solution that we should appoint him to some unspecified role is just ludicrous and sounds like rampant egotism. He has no qualifications in the areas we are lacking, has no similar experience to suggest he'd be of any benefit to the club and has a reputation as a divisive figure garnered over a period of decades.

He'd be exactly the sort of stupid appointment that has helped get us into our current pathetic state.
Agree entirely.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #526 on: April 20, 2016, 08:54:17 AM »
I listened to most of his broadcast on Talksport the other night, the main thing he was suggesting was that while Reilly had done the stats on the players that we bought in the summer there was no provision for player mentality, personality, adaptability to living in another country etc. He was saying that he would like to recommend players to Villa based upon the games that he watches and football people he speaks to so that you would have more chance of getting players in who can adapt and fit in as a team, which doesn't sound like too bad a suggestion to me. If he doesn't do it, it sounds like somebody needs to.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #527 on: April 20, 2016, 09:10:24 AM »
i stop listening to him seriously when a few mths ago , he said get Kevin Mac in to manage to the end of the season

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #528 on: April 20, 2016, 11:50:21 AM »
I've no problem with him criticising the direction the club is taking.

However, his solution that we should appoint him to some unspecified role is just ludicrous and sounds like rampant egotism. He has no qualifications in the areas we are lacking, has no similar experience to suggest he'd be of any benefit to the club and has a reputation as a divisive figure garnered over a period of decades.

He'd be exactly the sort of stupid appointment that has helped get us into our current pathetic state.
Agree entirely.

Ratified - we have enough problems without them being compounded by this mouth on a fucking stick.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #529 on: April 20, 2016, 01:11:48 PM »
Regardless of his credentials, anyone who openly offers to fight players on twitter, refers to another media pundit as a shithouse, openly mocks the mental attributes of some of our current players and regularly drops the C bomb on twitter for the world to see should be nowhere near our club. Despite our current plight we are so much better than that.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #530 on: April 20, 2016, 01:17:54 PM »
Regardless of his credentials, anyone who openly offers to fight players on twitter, refers to another media pundit as a shithouse, openly mocks the mental attributes of some of our current players and regularly drops the C bomb on twitter for the world to see should be nowhere near our club. Despite our current plight we are so much better than that.

Now you've summarised I'm quite coming around to the thought of him.

Offline Fred

« Reply #531 on: April 20, 2016, 01:44:48 PM »
i listened to Stan and it was very intresting. But the show was more about SVC than AVFC.
If he came on board could he be managed and would he 1) Leak everything to the press  2) walk off if he felt wronged.
Too much of a gamble.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #532 on: April 20, 2016, 01:49:37 PM »
i listened to Stan and it was very intresting. But the show was more about SVC than AVFC.
If he came on board could he be managed and would he 1) Leak everything to the press  2) walk off if he felt wronged.
Too much of a gamble.

He'd be off as soon as his career needed him too - Grade A twat.

Offline Fred

« Reply #533 on: April 21, 2016, 01:47:42 PM »
Too much of a gamble.

He'd be off as soon as his career needed him too - Grade A twat.

I agree, also if was told something would be be able to keep it off the airwaves or out of his various press columns?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #534 on: April 21, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »
Who did he describe as a 'shithouse'?

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #535 on: April 21, 2016, 01:52:58 PM »

Richard Keys.

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #536 on: April 21, 2016, 02:00:03 PM »

Richard Keys.
From what a friend who worked at Sky told me, a perfectly reasonable description. (Ones I remember - Keys once angrily told a security guard who had asked to see his ID, "You're in Keys' world now," and also used to grab chips straight from the tray in the canteen with his hairy Wolfman hands).

I think Stan Collymore might visit this site - noticed on that programme the other night that he stressed/repeated that he'd played in EVERY game of the record winning streak, which had been refuted here prior to that.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #537 on: April 21, 2016, 04:47:57 PM »
I've worked in marketing roles for two international companies and met a lot of media journalists/presenters. Most were egotistical wanders with an unhealthy sense of entitlement so saying something like welcome to Keys' world is commonplace. What I can't forgive is the chip stealing, or the lupine like hands.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #538 on: April 21, 2016, 06:14:37 PM »
I've worked in marketing roles for two international companies and met a lot of media journalists/presenters. Most were egotistical wanders with an unhealthy sense of entitlement so saying something like welcome to Keys' world is commonplace. What I can't forgive is the chip stealing, or the lupine like hands.

Steal my chips and I will f**king haunt you for a millennia.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #539 on: April 21, 2016, 06:24:00 PM »

Steal my chips and I will f**king haunt you for a millennia.

Must have been a while ago, we don't get chips in the canteen any more, it's kale and banana smoothies and organic lentil and mushroom risotto now.  Fucking media luvvies.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal