collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 11:16:07 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:14:59 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:14:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:12:54 PM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:09:43 PM]

Re: MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101169 times)

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2016, 10:39:15 PM »
The guy is an easy target that's for sure.
But he's saying what we all (well most of us think) on a daily basis and I've no problem with that.
Being a part of the new Villa setup? I don't think so. Maybe a bit of scouting.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2016, 10:44:52 PM »
He's admitted he was crap as a player.  He's also admitted that he's been a fool during and after his career. However right now he's saying what many of us are feeling...he's making public what we are saying both on here and at matches. I for one am all for this outing of our so-called senior pros and wholeheartedly endorse Stan's sentiments. These wankers need telling.

I echo the sentiments across the board on here regarding both his tendencies to be a boob and also his refreshing championing of us in the national media. However, the thing that's really sad about his playing career is that he was far, far from being crap. He was potentially a phenomenal player. At his very best he was second only to the original Ronaldo in terms of the kind of player he was (or could have become).

As has been covered, his illnesses don't excuse much of his behaviour over the years but they go some way to explaining it. I think that, like Barton, there's a brain in there that was never developed because of his sporting abilities and, having 'arrived' he clashed with the status quo because he was able to identify what was wrong with it but without the tutoring to do so in a constructive way. More power to both of them for addressing their pasts in the ways that they have, in my view.

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #407 on: April 17, 2016, 10:53:19 PM »
He's admitted he was crap as a player.  He's also admitted that he's been a fool during and after his career. However right now he's saying what many of us are feeling...he's making public what we are saying both on here and at matches. I for one am all for this outing of our so-called senior pros and wholeheartedly endorse Stan's sentiments. These wankers need telling.

I have no problem with his voicing his opinions, but yes, he was a fool. Lescott is past it and I will never forgive him after Wycombe, but he can stand up to sir Stanley and compare medals

...won at other clubs, whom I do not give a tinkers cuss about. It's Villa and the state we are in that bother me.

Agree.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 10:55:23 PM by dl9 »

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2016, 12:54:09 AM »
He reminds me of a boxer going into a fight saying 'yeah I'm gonna knock him out. Man won't reach the 5th'. Only to be put on his arse within the first round. No one can guarantee anything.
Giving Stan a job with players would be like taking the pin out of a grenade and chucking it into a firework factory. It would be a case of when, not if, it explodes. It's so obvious to me he's volatile that I also can't believe it is being considered on here. You could come to that conclusion as well even if you knew nothing about his pre TalkSport days.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2016, 08:56:13 AM »
Him offering to become a player liaison is almost laughable. You'd believe it was tongue in cheek if you didn't know the man - can you imagine the players' collective faces if they were introduced to Stan as their new go-to man? To do a job like that he would need a very adaptable personality. Many fans might enjoy how he is taking apart of the current playing staff but if it's an indicator of the level of diplomacy that he is capable of showing, then he should be nowhere near a player liaison role.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #410 on: April 18, 2016, 09:20:08 AM »
The man obviously knows stuff, he's had a life immersed in Football after all but I just can't see how his notoriously thin skin and ability to put his foot in it along with all the other "stuff" that comes with Being Stan Collymore means he's fit for any job at the club. He'd be better realising he's probably just as effective driving change at the Villa from his current position in the media. Holding the boards feet to the fire so to speak on a national radio station and keeping them in the public eye.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #411 on: April 18, 2016, 10:15:02 AM »
Do we need a person who attacks females, attends dogging sites, sacked by the BBC, gave Leicester issues  and I am sure there are many other things to be associated with OUR club?

Go away SVC - you tried taking us to the cleaners and are now linked with a second rate radio station ...all is he is a mighty gob who likes to try and chat up teenagers at a gym in Cannock

The Ulrika incident was a disgrace but it was what, 15 years ago? You know you can't keep punishing someone forever. The rest of the things you list are trivial. So he let off a fire extinguisher in a hotel. Wow!

I'm sure you can.

*cough* Lerner *cough*

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #412 on: April 18, 2016, 10:19:47 AM »
I think he's thoroughly well-intentioned when it comes to the club, but hasn't necessarily got the know-how of how to fix it. Christ, all of us watching think we know how we could improve it. It's a shame that over the last few years many who have got the ability and the know-how haven't cared enough to do something about it.

That makes sense in my head if not in the way I've written it.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #413 on: April 18, 2016, 10:27:34 AM »
He reminds me of a boxer going into a fight saying 'yeah I'm gonna knock him out. Man won't reach the 5th'. Only to be put on his arse within the first round. No one can guarantee anything.
Giving Stan a job with players would be like taking the pin out of a grenade and chucking it into a firework factory. It would be a case of when, not if, it explodes. It's so obvious to me he's volatile that I also can't believe it is being considered on here. You could come to that conclusion as well even if you knew nothing about his pre TalkSport days.

Good boxing analogy - he was like Audley Harrison as a footballer

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #414 on: April 18, 2016, 11:08:59 AM »
Do we need a person who attacks females, attends dogging sites, sacked by the BBC, gave Leicester issues  and I am sure there are many other things to be associated with OUR club?

Go away SVC - you tried taking us to the cleaners and are now linked with a second rate radio station ...all is he is a mighty gob who likes to try and chat up teenagers at a gym in Cannock

The Ulrika incident was a disgrace but it was what, 15 years ago? You know you can't keep punishing someone forever. The rest of the things you list are trivial. So he let off a fire extinguisher in a hotel. Wow!

I'm sure you can.

*cough* Lerner *cough*

Didn't he beat up at least one other women who he fathered a child with?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #415 on: April 18, 2016, 11:33:26 AM »

I'm sure you can.

*cough* Lerner *cough*

Didn't he beat up at least one other women who he fathered a child with?

The more I hear about this Lerner bloke, the less I like him.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #416 on: April 18, 2016, 12:40:01 PM »
He's just described Richard Keys as being a "shithouse for shithouses" on Twitter. Now that's something I can get behind.

Online LeeB

« Reply #417 on: April 18, 2016, 12:42:43 PM »
He's just described Richard Keys as being a "shithouse for shithouses" on Twitter. Now that's something I can get behind.

Every sin forgiven, that's superb.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #418 on: April 18, 2016, 12:43:51 PM »
Have to agree with what he was saying over the weekend but his generally just a knob .

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
« Reply #419 on: April 18, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »
He's just described Richard Keys as being a "shithouse for shithouses" on Twitter.

Beautifully put.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal