collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101175 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #390 on: April 17, 2016, 05:25:32 PM »
He's not shy in his opinion of himself is he, old Stanley?

No, and that's why he'd be an utter disaster.  I don't believe the way he acts is just switched on for the radio, I think he's perfect for Talksport because they like loudmouth rentagobs like him.  What respect would he get from any manager, coach or player?  He's no qualifications for the sort of job he's asking for, and there are many, many reasons why he shouldn't be let anywhere near it. 

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #391 on: April 17, 2016, 05:44:53 PM »
He's not shy in his opinion of himself is he, old Stanley?

No, and that's why he'd be an utter disaster.  I don't believe the way he acts is just switched on for the radio, I think he's perfect for Talksport because they like loudmouth rentagobs like him.  What respect would he get from any manager, coach or player?  He's no qualifications for the sort of job he's asking for, and there are many, many reasons why he shouldn't be let anywhere near it.
I wouldn't even let him write a programme column...oh wait

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #392 on: April 17, 2016, 06:55:11 PM »
Do we need a person who attacks females, attends dogging sites, sacked by the BBC, gave Leicester issues  and I am sure there are many other things to be associated with OUR club?

Go away SVC - you tried taking us to the cleaners and are now linked with a second rate radio station ...all is he is a mighty gob who likes to try and chat up teenagers at a gym in Cannock

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #393 on: April 17, 2016, 07:42:32 PM »
Do we need a person who attacks females, attends dogging sites, sacked by the BBC, gave Leicester issues  and I am sure there are many other things to be associated with OUR club?

Go away SVC - you tried taking us to the cleaners and are now linked with a second rate radio station ...all is he is a mighty gob who likes to try and chat up teenagers at a gym in Cannock

The Ulrika incident was a disgrace but it was what, 15 years ago? You know you can't keep punishing someone forever. The rest of the things you list are trivial. So he let off a fire extinguisher in a hotel. Wow!

Offline bill

« Reply #394 on: April 17, 2016, 07:47:57 PM »
I like Stan. Right now he is voicing in the media exactly my own feelings about the debacle that is Aston Villa. Keep up the good work Stan.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #395 on: April 17, 2016, 07:48:50 PM »
I like Stan. Right now he is voicing in the media exactly my own feelings about the debacle that is Aston Villa. Keep up the good work Stan.

Hear hear!

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #396 on: April 17, 2016, 08:23:41 PM »
I think anyone wanting him back and prepared to forgive his time at Villa should ponder why he' managed to fall out with nearly all of his clubs. There's all sort of murky stories about his time at various clubs and by his own words he's a unforgivable knobhead

""One day, Geoff Thomas was moaning about something after training, so I got up and chinned him" - Stan bonds with a Crystal Palace team-mate"

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #397 on: April 17, 2016, 08:25:45 PM »
The man's a buffoon. I can't believe we're seriously discussing his inclusion in any Villa rebuild.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #398 on: April 17, 2016, 08:28:28 PM »

Hear hear!
Hear

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #399 on: April 17, 2016, 08:33:52 PM »
I think anyone wanting him back and prepared to forgive his time at Villa should ponder why he' managed to fall out with nearly all of his clubs. There's all sort of murky stories about his time at various clubs and by his own words he's a unforgivable knobhead

""One day, Geoff Thomas was moaning about something after training, so I got up and chinned him" - Stan bonds with a Crystal Palace team-mate"

He is like the pissed up loudmouth you sometimes find yourself near to at an away game. Through the rambling rants are some things you find hitting the mark and some funny, along with a load of cringeworthy stuff. I don't dislike him and admire his passion but he lacks self awareness and has no safety valve. I totally respect that his depression issues made parts of his career and life very difficult but there rarely seems to be clarity in the cold light of day with Stan. His quote about celebrating when his youth team coach at Walsall dropped down with a heart attack in front of him kinda hits the nail on the head, written maybe 20 years after the event

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2016, 10:12:07 PM »

The Ulrika incident was a disgrace but it was what, 15 years ago? You know you can't keep punishing someone forever. The rest of the things you list are trivial. So he let off a fire extinguisher in a hotel. Wow!

Normally agree with you mate but disagree on this. He never showed any passion for the club on the pitch imo, I was so excited when he signed. He was a massive let down and seemed indifferent to me. I am sorry if he was ill, but he seems fine now and getting on well with his radio, but slating all and sundry after some of the performances I saw him do at Villa makes me think what a hypocrite

Offline supertom

« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2016, 10:18:10 PM »
The man's a buffoon. I can't believe we're seriously discussing his inclusion in any Villa rebuild.
I agree. I don't mind him on the radio and he's welcome to keep showing his passion for the club as a fellow fan, but a job at the club? No. He's not qualified and even as something like an ambassador there are far better, more well rounded and intelligent candidates who were far better servants to us on the pitch. Tayls again for one, or Stan.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2016, 10:22:50 PM »
He's admitted he was crap as a player.  He's also admitted that he's been a fool during and after his career. However right now he's saying what many of us are feeling...he's making public what we are saying both on here and at matches. I for one am all for this outing of our so-called senior pros and wholeheartedly endorse Stan's sentiments. These wankers need telling.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2016, 10:30:15 PM »
He's admitted he was crap as a player.  He's also admitted that he's been a fool during and after his career. However right now he's saying what many of us are feeling...he's making public what we are saying both on here and at matches. I for one am all for this outing of our so-called senior pros and wholeheartedly endorse Stan's sentiments. These wankers need telling.

I have no problem with his voicing his opinions, but yes, he was a fool. Lescott is past it and I will never forgive him after Wycombe, but he can stand up to sir Stanley and compare medals

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2016, 10:35:47 PM »

I have no problem with his voicing his opinions, but yes, he was a fool. Lescott is past it and I will never forgive him after Wycombe, but he can stand up to sir Stanley and compare medals

...won at other clubs, whom I do not give a tinkers cuss about. It's Villa and the state we are in that bother me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal