collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101250 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #345 on: April 17, 2016, 11:11:08 AM »
O'Neill left because he didn't fancy having a budget - suggesting it was because he saw things coming is clearly wrong as the next year we spent 20m on a single player.

It isn't his fault we got relegated, but the reckless money wasting he was left to engage in for four years both contributed to where we are now, and is a symptom of lerner's complete failure to ever install competent management to look after his investment.

Anyone who thinks there is one single reason we are where we are hasnt been watching very closely.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #346 on: April 17, 2016, 11:11:55 AM »
The buck stops with Lerner, but the time under O'Neill constitutes a massive part of the £300m wasted outlay.  A crap player like Marlon Harewood cost us the best part of £10m in tranfer fee and salary.

edit: or what Paulie just said.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #347 on: April 17, 2016, 11:16:25 AM »

Apologies if this has already been posted, but it's a great listen.
Love him or loathe him, its what many of us would like to rant.

http://talksport.com/football/youre-disgrace-call-me-stan-collymore-rants-aston-villa-stars-talksport-160416192319

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #348 on: April 17, 2016, 11:16:58 AM »
O'Neill left because he knew what was coming. The day Lerner decided he wasn't interested anymore was the very day our decline to the Championship began.

You're constant anger at Lerner has made you lose context. O'Neill left because he couldn't get what he wanted all the time anymore. Don't excuse what he did just to have another go at Lerner. MON is every bit a part of what has happened to us.

I'll criticise when I choose. I was criticising him while you were still worshipping at his feet.
O'Neill left nearby 6 years ago. If you think he has anything to do with what happened yesterday you need your head testing.

You said O'Neill left because he knew what was coming which is every bit as nonsensical as you knowing what was coming. Nobody could see this happening six years ago. If our relegation was a recipe then MON is significant ingredient into how this all happened. I'm not excusing Lerner for what has happened since or blaming MON for some of the mental decisions taken, but I'm not giving him a pass for playing his part in the financially disastrous position his tenure put us in. Had he stuck around and continued to get his way we'd we way more fucked than we are today.

Call me naive but I'd suggest O'Neill would know a little bit more about what was going on at Villa 6 years ago than you or I. He'd also be privy to the future direction to the club as well, which is the reason I think he left.
Our relegation is down to Lerner.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #349 on: April 17, 2016, 11:17:40 AM »
Yes a massive missed opportunity but the reality of 6 years later to have 16 points from 32 games is really nothing to do with MON. A lot of water has passed under that bridge that has nothing whatsoever to o with MON.

'The Mighty Reds YNWA' fans arn't blaming King Kenny for not challenging for a Champs League spot this season after he left 4 years ago.

Offline HolmesyVilla

« Reply #350 on: April 17, 2016, 11:20:33 AM »
A toxic atmosphere all around regarding us at the moment. No idea what the atmosphere will be like at villa park now.

Toxic?

Yes makes Britney sound like Hans Christian Anderson

For me on Stan the man yes he let me down as a Villa player, massively, and regrettably, he should have fired us back to the big time...ah well..

As a voice for us I love him still, he hasn't given up on the mighty Aston Villa, just like me.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #351 on: April 17, 2016, 11:27:04 AM »
We've been relegated due to incompetence.

A club can afford incompetence in just about any employee, but the one person you can't afford to be a dribbling imbecile is the one who appoints all the others.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #352 on: April 17, 2016, 11:31:54 AM »

http://talksport.com/football/youre-disgrace-call-me-stan-collymore-rants-aston-villa-stars-talksport-160416192319

Yup! That is indeed a grand rant.

Offline HolmesyVilla

« Reply #353 on: April 17, 2016, 12:06:35 PM »

Yup! That is indeed a grand rant.

As a neutral it's on a par with Keegan when he went mental on sky about fergie when they was going for the title.
  As a Villa fan it's better

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #354 on: April 17, 2016, 12:19:38 PM »
O'Neill left because he knew what was coming. The day Lerner decided he wasn't interested anymore was the very day our decline to the Championship began.

You're constant anger at Lerner has made you lose context. O'Neill left because he couldn't get what he wanted all the time anymore. Don't excuse what he did just to have another go at Lerner. MON is every bit a part of what has happened to us.

I'll criticise when I choose. I was criticising him while you were still worshipping at his feet.
O'Neill left nearby 6 years ago. If you think he has anything to do with what happened yesterday you need your head testing.

You said O'Neill left because he knew what was coming which is every bit as nonsensical as you knowing what was coming. Nobody could see this happening six years ago. If our relegation was a recipe then MON is significant ingredient into how this all happened. I'm not excusing Lerner for what has happened since or blaming MON for some of the mental decisions taken, but I'm not giving him a pass for playing his part in the financially disastrous position his tenure put us in. Had he stuck around and continued to get his way we'd we way more fucked than we are today.

Call me naive but I'd suggest O'Neill would know a little bit more about what was going on at Villa 6 years ago than you or I. He'd also be privy to the future direction to the club as well, which is the reason I think he left.
Our relegation is down to Lerner.

The direction of the club was the world that MON had created and anything that deviated from that was wrong. Once that happened and he didn't have full control then it didn't matter to him what the new direction was, he wasn't standing for it. The direction that club wanted to take was to have a greater partnership with the manager and ultimately a lot more detailed analysis of the new money being spent on players, and the money being wasted on players that were already at the club. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. As far as MON was concerned the future of the club didn't extend beyond the tip of his nose.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #355 on: April 17, 2016, 01:22:42 PM »
I’ll Help Villa & Will Retire From Broadcasting If I Fail
STAN COLLYMORE   on April 17, 2016 at 11:54 am
11/4Jamie Vardy - Top Scorer 2015/16 EPL
Villa v Leicester.

East v West.

One team is full of men, one boys.

One team knows the value of unity and trust, one team don’t trust themselves.

One team has Vardy, a latchkey who’s played in the mud and the crap, been kicked by old school centre halves, one team has Gabby Agbonlahor, a player who’s been cosseted in a Premier League club bubble on too much money for too long, and indulged in his excess by every one of the last four Villa managers, leading to a Premier League striker, in April, yes April, being ordered to have a personal training programme.

Why? Because Gabby, you are fat.
One team will win the title, the other relegated.

One backroom staff eat, sleep and drink together with smiles and support, the other closes its doors, doesn’t talk, won’t accept help.

If ever there was a comparison of two clubs, two teams and two seasons for youngsters, analysts, pundits and fans to use in the future model of footballing success or failure, then compare two clubs separated by a few M6 and M69 junctions.

Villa has been rotten for years, and believe me, the way Leicester were meandering before Nigel Pearson came in and added direction, passion and spirit to the club, the Foxes could have gone on to be rotten too, but the former Sheffield Wednesday and Boro skipper is an old school football man, no nonsense, doesn’t accept fools or frauds and was the founder of this incredible Leicester success.

Take the central defenders.

Wes Morgan and Robert Huth. Two men’s men, two guys who I know as an ex pro I would listen to, follow and be inspired by.

Then take Joleon Lescott and Micah Richards, two players who should be miles ahead – even at this late stage of their careers – of the Leicester pair but who’ve been protected by the hype, the money and the sheer excess of a league which over 38 games finds frauds out.

The car tweet which was bullshit, the “weight of our shoulders” post-match comments, Micah’s trip to Dubai , rubbing Villa fans noses in it at a time he should have been somewhere quiet, recharge and out of the way, but no, two former Premier League winners no less decided that their way, the excessive way was best, while Huth and Morgan were probably at home, with family, getting on with preparing properly.

I had a coffee with Brian Little at my house last Friday, a man I let down when I played for Villa, and whom I owe a lot, firstly for giving me the opportunity to live a childhood dream, but secondly someone who’s listened to my thoughts about the club I love and desperately want to right the poor time I had there as a player.

Many Villa fans say I was the same as Lescott, Gabby and Richards. Not anywhere near.
At my poorest I came on against Champions Arsenal at 2-0 down and helped us to a 3-2 win. At my poorest I played in every game of a club record unbeaten streak. At my poorest I helped raise the roof at Villa Park v Atletico in a UEFA Cup QF, playing the likes of Vieri and co. I was crap, unproductive and it was a horror spell of my career for many reasons but please never think I’d be cocky enough to goad Villa fans with my latest car picture or quite happily insult Villa fans by playing two stones overweight.

How about the comparison between two of our own, Marc Albrighton and Jack Grealish. I love both, have chatted to both, but where Marc moved on, grafted his way into the Leicester team and will win a winners medal, rumours persist of Jack the lad on the town in Brum, surrounded by the hangers ons. That should worry every Villa fan as this lad has genuine quality, is twice the talent of Albrighton, yet may have so been infected by the ‘couldn’t give a shit’ attitude of the seniors that it’s only going to be a very strong manager that gets him back on track.

How about the lovely picture of Leandro the hover boy at Old Trafford? Crouching, hands on thighs, not sweating and straining with desire or passion, no, not Champions League bound Bacuna, a big smile, barely a bead of sweat, lad looked as though he’d hit the jackpot and won the league all in one go, rather than have the shame of helping relegate one of Britain’s great football clubs.

There are lots of frauds in football, data analysts whose work still can’t prove a player is good or not, too many layers of jobs for the boys (Fox/Almstadt/Reilly), too many people trying to feather their own nest and cash in on the gravy train and excess. Yet little Leicester, like the little Leicester of Elliot, Taggart, Izzet, Lennon and co prove that basics, real men rather than boys, camaraderie rather than selfishness can still bring rewards, and in spades.

I’ve offered my help to Villa many times, its tangible and would guarantee success otherwise I wouldn’t offer it but alas Mr Lerner in his stateside bunker would rather frauds like Fox than a man desperate to make amends for a poor spell back in the 90’s at the club he loves, and who lives 15 miles from the training ground.

So here is an offer for Mr Lerner and the Villa board.

Give me 12 months to report on players and find the gems and the characters to take Villa forward.
Give me 12 months at Bodymoor to be a player liaison, to get into them, to cuddle, bollock and help them settle and understand our great club.
Give me 12 months to meet the parents and guardians of the local kid that’s wavering between Villa or Albion, and I’ll persuade them B6 is for them.

Let me use my profile and contacts to get players first for our club, rather than gambles and journeymen.

If I fail , I’ll retire from broadcasting, I’ll shut down my social media feed, and you’ll never hear any criticism of Villa or its staff again.

When I succeed, you’ll have a Premier League club, you’ll have players you can rely on, and you’ll have a scouting and football admin department that will be the envy of the league.

Nothing to lose. I’ll put my money where my mouth is, Mr Lerner, time you did the same.

Up The Villa.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #356 on: April 17, 2016, 01:41:08 PM »
Whatever you think of Stan, that was spot on

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #357 on: April 17, 2016, 01:48:07 PM »
At my poorest I played in every game of a club record unbeaten streak.

I wish he'd stop saying this as he didn't. He played in one of the first 6 games.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #358 on: April 17, 2016, 01:48:23 PM »
Wow

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #359 on: April 17, 2016, 01:58:18 PM »
See, what he was saying last night was spot on. A media personality getting the views of most of us into the wider media.

Today - me, me, me, me. Gizzus a job that I'm in no way qualified for. Back to form.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal