collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 11:16:07 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:14:59 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:14:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:12:54 PM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:09:43 PM]

Re: MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101170 times)

Offline Olof's Beard

Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #330 on: April 17, 2016, 08:30:50 AM »
I suppose I am the only one who thinks that players' words are too heavily scrutinised? They don't claim to be great orators I'm sure, what Lescott said was clumsy but if you want to understand what he was trying to say, you can. He's not been great this season, but our only decent run of any sort of hope came when 5 or 6 players picked up their form for a period of time - and he and Okore were at the forefront of that.

Lescott has been a good professional most of his career, Garde trusted him and he has offered to stay and help in the Championship (whether we want him to do so is another matter of course). The car tweet was a bizarre incident granted but he has sent Collymore a private message here and it should have remained so. Stan's rant contains plenty of good points but he got very personal when he said Lescott had ridden the success of team mates in the past, so Lescott reacted, which is fair enough.

The players have been utterly embarrassing, I hope they know it and Lescott is way past his best so takes his share of the blame. But I think there have been worse culprits in terms of both ability and attitude.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2016, 08:37:17 AM »
I suppose I am the only one who thinks that players' words are too heavily scrutinised? They don't claim to be great orators I'm sure, what Lescott said was clumsy but if you want to understand what he was trying to say, you can. He's not been great this season, but our only decent run of any sort of hope came when 5 or 6 players picked up their form for a period of time - and he and Okore were at the forefront of that.

Lescott has been a good professional most of his career, Garde trusted him and he has offered to stay and help in the Championship (whether we want him to do so is another matter of course). The car tweet was a bizarre incident granted but he has sent Collymore a private message here and it should have remained so. Stan's rant contains plenty of good points but he got very personal when he said Lescott had ridden the success of team mates in the past, so Lescott reacted, which is fair enough.

The players have been utterly embarrassing, I hope they know it and Lescott is way past his best so takes his share of the blame. But I think there have been worse culprits in terms of both ability and attitude.

I agree. I think Lescott's comments were clumsy but well intentioned, and as much as some of Collymore's comments hit the mark, he's throwing them from the Crystal Palace in my book.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #332 on: April 17, 2016, 08:48:53 AM »
Footballer says something stupid shocker.

I think the car tweet was far worse than this - he has tried to say something placatory in a clumsy way and come out with this.

Let's face it, thid relegation has been like a slow death.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #333 on: April 17, 2016, 08:54:49 AM »
Seems Lescott has been in touch....

https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/721462959650795520

It's been deleted. What did it say?

Basically Lescott objecting to being called a tit and saying he thinks the same about SVC.  Then goes on to challenge him to meet him to sort it out as men

Collymore then responds by telling him  "your not talking to one of your lightweight team mates now".

Nice reply, Stan.

To which I think the obvious retort is "and we're not one of your ex-girlfriends."

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #334 on: April 17, 2016, 08:56:49 AM »

I think the car tweet was far worse than this - he has tried to say something placatory in a clumsy way and come out with this.

Yes the longest relegation in football history. Although we didn't know it but the minute MON walked out the countdown began.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #335 on: April 17, 2016, 08:58:12 AM »
A toxic atmosphere all around regarding us at the moment. No idea what the atmosphere will be like at villa park now.

Offline supertom

« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2016, 09:11:14 AM »

Yes the longest relegation in football history. Although we didn't know it but the minute MON walked out the countdown began.
O Neill is a pube-headed asshole of the highest order, but he's also clever. He probably saw where the club was headed under Lerner and Faulkner and of course he was always going to look after his reputation and leave as a top 6 manager, rather than leave as one who dangles their bollocks over the shark pit year after year.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #337 on: April 17, 2016, 09:37:56 AM »
Stan is never too far away from reports of a 'Twitter Spat', whilst I agree with what he said it shows, yet again, his lack of judgment in publicising the private message. It should have remained private.

Stans work rate would have fitted this team like a glove.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #338 on: April 17, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »

O Neill is a pube-headed asshole of the highest order, but he's also clever. He probably saw where the club was headed under Lerner and Faulkner and of course he was always going to look after his reputation and leave as a top 6 manager, rather than leave as one who dangles their bollocks over the shark pit year after year.

Yes I totally agree. I'm not defending MON at all.

To leave us DAYS before the new season shows what he thought about us but he knew then that things had turned.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2016, 09:59:10 AM »
O'Neill left because he knew what was coming. The day Lerner decided he wasn't interested anymore was the very day our decline to the Championship began.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #340 on: April 17, 2016, 10:46:29 AM »
O'Neill left because he knew what was coming. The day Lerner decided he wasn't interested anymore was the very day our decline to the Championship began.

You're constant anger at Lerner has made you lose context. O'Neill left because he couldn't get what he wanted all the time anymore. Don't excuse what he did just to have another go at Lerner. MON is every bit a part of what has happened to us.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2016, 10:48:49 AM »

You're constant anger at Lerner has made you lose context. O'Neill left because he couldn't get what he wanted all the time anymore. Don't excuse what he did just to have another go at Lerner. MON is every bit a part of what has happened to us.

I'll criticise when I choose. I was criticising him while you were still worshipping at his feet.
O'Neill left nearby 6 years ago. If you think he has anything to do with what happened yesterday you need your head testing.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #342 on: April 17, 2016, 10:55:30 AM »

I'll criticise when I choose. I was criticising him while you were still worshipping at his feet.
O'Neill left nearby 6 years ago. If you think he has anything to do with what happened yesterday you need your head testing.

It's ok for you to criticise but not for people not to critcise? How does that work?

For what it's worth, I don't think we can blame O'Neil for where we are today. That said, he walked out in an almighty strop when he couldn't get any more money to the countless millions he'd already spent. Any other decent manager would have attempted to work with what he had for a season.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #343 on: April 17, 2016, 11:02:24 AM »

You said O'Neill left because he knew what was coming which is every bit as nonsensical as you knowing what was coming. Nobody could see this happening six years ago. If our relegation was a recipe then MON is significant ingredient into how this all happened. I'm not excusing Lerner for what has happened since or blaming MON for some of the mental decisions taken, but I'm not giving him a pass for playing his part in the financially disastrous position his tenure put us in. Had he stuck around and continued to get his way we'd we way more fucked than we are today.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #344 on: April 17, 2016, 11:05:30 AM »
A toxic atmosphere all around regarding us at the moment. No idea what the atmosphere will be like at villa park now.

Toxic?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal