collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 10:37:56 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 11:05:25 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Re: MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:56:39 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 10:55:53 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:54:44 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101163 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2016, 12:58:51 PM »
I would no sooner give him a job on the board than I would Sasha Curcic.

Both were talented players, but probably wouldn't get into the top 100  players who made telling contributions in claret and blue.

He's not a fan favourite (putting it mildly), hasn't made a dash in business after hanging up his boots, doesn't fulfill any of the other criteria as outlined by SheffieldVillain.  But he beaks off a bit on a sadcase radio show for the terminally dimwitted?

Stanley Victor we can do without.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:04:45 PM by KevinGage »

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2016, 04:44:49 PM »

Both were talented players, but probably wouldn't get into the top 100  players who made telling contribution in claret and blue.

He's not a fan favourite (putting it mildly), hasn't made a dash in business after hanging up his boots, doesn't fulfill any of the other criteria as outlined by SheffieldVillain.  But he beaks off a bit on a sadcase radio show for the terminally dimwitted?

Spot on.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2016, 08:12:48 AM »
I personally have no problem with him. He fights our corner (oops) in the media and gets a lot of what I (we) feel and puts it out there. Better for us to be talked about than not at all surely?

I stood on the Holte and watched him under perform week in and week out. So are we going to dismiss him outright because of that? He's clearly a passionate supporter wanting to offer help and ideas under the right circumstances and has a platform to do this at TalkSport.

Same as usual. Human beings. Easy to shoot people down with negative words when somebody sticks their head up out of the trenches, especially somebody like SVC. Let's face it We're all fucking hypocrites to a smaller or larger extent anyway.

Isn't it all about what people can positively offer anyway. Can't we just use Stans good input?

As what? What would his role be? Does he have an insight into managing or coaching? Contract negotiations? Is he an experienced administrator? Lots of scouting contacts abroad? Some kind of PR guru?

If it's just being passionate about the Villa then I'd suggest there are plenty of people who'd fit that bill.

I'd prefer we carried on with this recent novel idea of actually appointing people who are qualified to do a particular job.

If he wants to talk us up as part of his job at TalkSport, great, but why would we employ him to do that?

Both were talented players, but probably wouldn't get into the top 100  players who made telling contributions in claret and blue.

Stanley Victor we can do with

Both were talented players, but probably wouldn't get into the top 100  players who made telling contribution in claret and blue.

Spot on.
You could argue that both failed while wearing the famous shirt that's for sure.

But I can only hear one of them making an effort to come up with ideas about getting us out of this situation.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2016, 10:36:44 AM »
He is someone who consistently puts us in the eye of the media, so I thank him for that.

We are the biggest club for miles around in the second city....some of the national media would do well to remember that.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2016, 10:37:53 AM »
He is someone who consistently puts us in the eye of the media, so I thank him for that.

We are the biggest club for miles around in the second city....some of the national media would do well to remember that.

Which is fine, in his present job. It doesn't mean we need to employ him.

Offline supertom

« Reply #200 on: April 03, 2016, 10:42:31 AM »
For a club who have got it so hideously bloody wrong for the last 5-6 years (longer to be honest), employing SVC would rank as one of the biggest cock-ups that Randy will have been responsible for during his time.
I don't actually mind Stan in moderation. At the very least he's got a little passion in him for the club, even if we sadly never saw that in him as a player. However the man is a complete gobshite and would only end up making us slightly more embarrassing and shambolic than we already are.

The club is having a clean sweep and starting again. Lets get it right. Stan can stick to radio and punditry and should quit twitter if he can't handle the stick.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #201 on: April 03, 2016, 10:48:00 AM »

Agreed. For all his faults Collymore constantly talks up the club in the media. I read somewhere that the blithering idiot Ian Wright said that bigger clubs than Villa have been relegated and not come back. Oh really, who are these clubs then, Ian?
Im glad we have someone in the media that knows what kind of club we are.

Offline AV89

« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2016, 11:05:04 AM »

I read somewhere that the blithering idiot Ian Wright said that bigger clubs than Villa have been relegated and not come back. Oh really, who are these clubs then, Ian?

Hes tweeted to say Forest, Leeds, Man City and Wolves are bigger.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2016, 11:07:41 AM »

I read somewhere that the blithering idiot Ian Wright said that bigger clubs than Villa have been relegated and not come back. Oh really, who are these clubs then, Ian?

Hes tweeted to say Forest, Leeds, Man City and Wolves are bigger.

He's clearly on the wind up. How he constantly gets gigs in the media is beyond me as he can rarely string a coherent sentence together at the best of times.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2016, 02:42:01 PM »
Ian Wright is a goon. They employ him as the dumb and dumber idiot for the rest of the panel to play off. He's the village idiot, the court buffoon, the one they keep around for everyone to chuckle at and to take the serious edge off proceedings.

He's a complete fucking pleb.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2016, 03:04:22 PM »
For a club who have got it so hideously bloody wrong for the last 5-6 years (longer to be honest), employing SVC would rank as one of the biggest cock-ups that Randy will have been responsible for during his time.
I don't actually mind Stan in moderation. At the very least he's got a little passion in him for the club, even if we sadly never saw that in him as a player. However the man is a complete gobshite and would only end up making us slightly more embarrassing and shambolic than we already are.

The club is having a clean sweep and starting again. Lets get it right. Stan can stick to radio and punditry and should quit twitter if he can't handle the stick.

For all his faults, I'm sure it would be worth members of the Board sitting down with him and listening to some of his thoughts and ideas.  Saying that, I hope they would be doing that with a quite a few people with connections to the club.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2016, 03:06:21 PM »
so Man City on Wright's list who are a bigger and haven't come back up?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2016, 03:07:27 PM »
I'm listening to him commentate on the Leicester game, more than once he's said "likkle" which automatically means he should be ignored!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
The stupidity is strong in this one

Ian Wright ‏@IanWright0  14h14 hours ago
Leeds and Nottingham Forest are bigger than villa. Both been down to league 1. I'd even throw in Man city as a bigger club.

Ian Wright ‏@IanWright0  14h14 hours ago
Villa not even the biggest club in the Midlands! Birmingham and wolves are bigger. 😜

Probably still sulking over the amount of stick he used to get at VP "he's staying home, he's staying home, Wrighty's staying home"

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2016, 03:12:52 PM »
He's just taking the piss and rubbing it in now. Best to ignore him from now on.
Pretty soon the media in this country will come to their senses and get rid of him again, the blithering simpleton.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal