collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101172 times)

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2016, 02:30:11 PM »
I like him, but I can see why others don't.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2016, 02:43:36 PM »
He cares about the club and makes good points, both in recent history and in this article. His problem is, he is a bit of a loose cannon and seems to struggle to keep his emotions intact, especially when arguing with 14 year old keyboard warriors on Twitter.
I would gladly have him involved with the club, I think it would add value but there would have to be strict guidelines laid down with regards to what he can/cant discuss on the radio and with regards to his use of social media.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2016, 02:50:14 PM »
I think he has been and can be misguided in his thoughts. However nobody goes to the lengths that he has if they didn't care. And he admits his faults and what he's not liked by everyone. I'd be willing to give him an opportunity to work for us. And I think he wants to, in part to make up for what he admits is lost time. His playing career at Aston Villa wasn't what it should have been.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2016, 02:56:49 PM »
He cares about the club and makes good points, both in recent history and in this article. His problem is, he is a bit of a loose cannon and seems to struggle to keep his emotions intact, especially when arguing with 14 year old keyboard warriors on Twitter.
I would gladly have him involved with the club, I think it would add value but there would have to be strict guidelines laid down with regards to what he can/cant discuss on the radio and with regards to his use of social media.

I agree that he cares about the club but your point about him struggling to keep his emotions intact is exactly why he shouldn't be involved with the squad at all. He is simply too insecure and that comes across in his long messages as well so I don't think we would and should employ him. I'm more than happy for him to chat with Sir Brian Little though. I trust him to voice those ideas to the board if he feels they are worthy of it but other than that... no thanks Stan... and stop getting emotional with criticism, it doesn't look good.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »
I don't think he really cares about Villa. I think we gave him gravitas at the right time for him to advance his career. Not as naff as Arsenal or Man U but a PL club with kudos. It'll be interesting to see who he hoists his petard to now that we've jumped off the PL gravy train.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2016, 09:43:22 PM »
I don't think he really cares about Villa. I think we gave him gravitas at the right time for him to advance his career. Not as naff as Arsenal or Man U but a PL club with kudos. It'll be interesting to see who he hoists his petard to now that we've jumped off the PL gravy train.

All Stanley ever cared about was Stanley.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2016, 09:54:45 PM »
I don't see what role he would fill.

What does he bring to the table?

Never been a coach. Never been a manager. Never had any operational role in football. Not a businessman or clued up in finance, or PR, or any of the other areas we have been short in.

Apart from hosting a radio show which is of no value to running a football club, the only thing he has done of note is failed to fulfill his potential as a player. We've got plenty of current players who are experts in that.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2016, 09:57:32 PM »
We can here but as a broadcaster I don't feel it's right he should be talking about who is and isn't surplus to requirements

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #173 on: March 31, 2016, 09:58:29 PM »
Surely his dodgy past is the proverbial nail?

Offline seanthevillan

• pick our team
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2016, 10:28:02 PM »
I know it's not really the point of the article, but noone abroad has every brought up Collymore as a former villa player (Yorke yes, Angel, Young etc.), has this happened to anyone else?

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2016, 10:38:52 PM »

This is his biggest problem, while he makes good points, they often get lost in a stream of consciousness when he posts longer articles like this on twitter. He could really do with an editor at times.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2016, 11:38:11 PM »
Having just read the article, I agree with a lot of what he said.  I think it would have been more better as an opinion piece along the lines of "how I would turn Villa around" without the overt angling for a job at the club. 

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2016, 05:17:58 AM »
The article is much more measured than one of his usual rants and therefore has a bit more credibility.  Be a positive voice instead of a knob Stan. Then the Villa fans might take you more seriously.  Could be useful as a fan/club go-between but needs to listen to fans much more and come up with solutions rather than problems.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2016, 07:06:16 AM »
I don't see what role he would fill.

What does he bring to the table?

Never been a coach. Never been a manager. Never had any operational role in football. Not a businessman or clued up in finance, or PR, or any of the other areas we have been short in.

Apart from hosting a radio show which is of no value to running a football club, the only thing he has done of note is failed to fulfill his potential as a player. We've got plenty of current players who are experts in that.

this

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2016, 09:17:49 AM »
girlfriend abuser and serial dogger. Thanks, but no thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal