collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101224 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2016, 01:22:44 PM »
He mentions that players are commuting from abroad? Is that right? And if so who? (I assume it must be one of the French lads?)

Bacuna was mooted on twitter. Its tough to see it, but would a 2 hour flight be any worse that a 2 hour car journey? It would still be less time "at work" each day, with the travel, than most people spend.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2016, 01:24:09 PM »
It would all be fine with Stan until something happened that he didn't like and then then dirty linen would be aired in public.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2016, 01:24:54 PM »
It's not enough, though Stan.  We need more information...what kind of coffee?  Any sugar?  Biscuits?  Actually you might have to take your own biscuits come to think of it...

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2016, 01:26:21 PM »
It would all be fine with Stan until something happened that he didn't like and then then dirty linen would be aired in public.

I don't know about that. He has a public forum as a radio host now and acts in that capacity. I think if he became an employee of the club he'd act accordingly. 

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2016, 01:27:03 PM »
Makes some very good observations. I'd let him have his opinion at the club. What harm can he be as an advisor to the board.
However I wouldn't let him near any players. I think they wouldn't respect him and tempers would flare very quickly

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2016, 01:36:19 PM »
The fact he is tweeting the article hourly says it all about his motivation.

I have never been excited about a player signing for us like I was the day Stan did. My favourite player for years before finally signing. I think he is a decent broadcaster too, but would not have him anywhere near the club in any capacity.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2016, 01:39:46 PM »

I don't know about that. He has a public forum as a radio host now and acts in that capacity. I think if he became an employee of the club he'd act accordingly. 

I can't see it myself, Stan loves Stan and is a self publicist with a massive mouth. I couldn't see him keeping everything in house, he's too much of a big baby for me, I wouldn't trust him. I don't mind him voicing his opinions but wouldn't want him with any role at the club.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2016, 01:44:00 PM »
He didn't do himself any favours with that 'I'm going to concentrate on the other 91 clubs' strop he had a couple of months back. I don't mind him that much, he's excellent on Talksport but he's not what the club needs.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2016, 01:45:31 PM »

I can't see it myself, Stan loves Stan and is a self publicist with a massive mouth. I couldn't see him keeping everything in house, he's too much of a big baby for me, I wouldn't trust him. I don't mind him voicing his opinions but wouldn't want him with any role at the club.

There's two choices really. One allow him to continue without any restriction as he is now, or employ him in some capacity to control the message with obvious repercussions if he doesn't. If he wants the role so badly, why would he then do something to lose it?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2016, 01:50:08 PM »
He mentions that players are commuting from abroad? Is that right? And if so who? (I assume it must be one of the French lads?)

Bacuna was mooted on twitter. Its tough to see it, but would a 2 hour flight be any worse that a 2 hour car journey? It would still be less time "at work" each day, with the travel, than most people spend.

Maybe Bacuna's moved to Llansantffraid-ym-Mechain in preparation for his move to Champions League participants, New Saints

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2016, 01:58:38 PM »
Personally I feel that it is to the benefit of the club to speak to as many people as possible  that have some sort of inside handle on the inside goings on in football and specifically at Villa.  It is not going to cost us anything other than time.

The fact that Stan is likely to be a cheerleader for us in the media is also justification.  We don't necessarily need to do as he says but to engage with him other media bods may speed up the process of cleaning up and improving our external image.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2016, 01:59:44 PM »
I dislike Stan more with every self-serving statement he comes out with, and the base was pretty low to start with. He's already earned enough off the back of Villa for doing very little, I don't want another spell, in any capacity.

And anyway, what would he really bring to the table other than a big gob and a reputation for a lack of discretion, amongst other less savoury character traits?

He cant even keep his mouth shut about a get together with Sir Brian.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2016, 02:00:48 PM »
I'd be interested to know if it is so important to him, that if Stan took on a job with us would he be willing to give up his position as a radio host?

Offline Musicmaan

« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2016, 02:16:31 PM »
Collymore has his obvious faults, but reading that I can't help but think that he'd actually be of some use to the club in some capacity, this summer, if not necessarily longer term.

I agree.

With a clear brief, and in a role where he is answerable for his actions, not just some maverick kinda role , I think he could be of use too.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2016, 02:22:14 PM »

There's two choices really. One allow him to continue without any restriction as he is now, or employ him in some capacity to control the message with obvious repercussions if he doesn't. If he wants the role so badly, why would he then do something to lose it?

Or he can just be ignored. It's Stan Collymore, on talksport or the Daily Mirror, It's not like he's Rupert Murdoch. I don't think he's that influential that he needs to be offered a position at the club to control his media outpourings. As for him wanting something badly and then messing it up, it happens, often, he's a live wire and a hot head. I don't see him as either clever enough or mature enough to deserve a position in remodelling our club, surely there are better people out there that can fill any role he could, without the drawbacks?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal