collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How did we get into this situation?  (Read 7312 times)

Offline IGS

How did we get into this situation?
« on: January 03, 2016, 09:41:59 AM »
This is my first ever time in a forum as i just can't take anymore !! Every game i hope to see the villa turn a corner but alas - no joy!

Can anyone please explain any of the below?

- why did it take so long to get rid of lambert??? surely (and i thought it at the time), he should have gone after the debacle against Bradford in the cup. it was a joke we couldnt beat them over two legs !!!! he should have gone then. if he had, the next manager would have still had the opportunity to build a squad around the likes of benteke, delph, vlaar, given etc.
- why can't we compete with teams such as southampton, crystal palace, watford, west ham, sunderland, swansea etc? all teams we would have beaten in the past more often than not.
- why do we think we can sell all of our better players over the last 5 years and still compete in (arguably) the best league in the world?
- why, over the last few years, are we buying players none of us of ever heard of?
- why is guzan still in goal?? surely bunn or steer would be worth a go?
- why doesnt Traore start each game?? possibly our one player who has some real quality?
- shouldnt we have looked to get a few players in on loan during the summer who have some premier league experience?
- why have we let a good young talent leave the villa ? albrighton, gardner, davis, cahill etc etc etc

I am afraid randy has to take the blame for everything as he is the owner of the club and for me, he has placed incompetent people in place to run the club. whilst it was great at the start that he pumped a load of money in to the club, we are now in total freefall and one of the worst teams the premier league has ever seen. its embarrassing that in 2015 - the once mighty villa hav the worst playing record than every team in the four english divisions - just marginally worse than Yeovil Town !!! surely randy must realise that on his watch, he (along with the managers he has appointed) managed to pull together the worst set of players the club has ever had.

I agree with stan collymore -

- randy needs to get the club sold now !!!!
- all the players should be up for sale possibly apart from some of our younger players e.g. grealish, traore
- sack all the staff apart from sid, academy director and mcdonald

villa need to start again - not sure who the manager should be next season but i think he should be british as the championship is a diferent cup of tea to the premiership and historically, foreign managers have nopt done so well in the championship. maybe Redknapp? venables? hoddle? ie an experienced manager, not one who is cheap.

Offline levico

Re: How did we get into this situation?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 10:16:13 AM »
Good first post.

Which I could be bothered to write that much.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 10:51:44 AM »
Easy answer Doug sold us to a fuckwit.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 10:54:42 AM »
From what ive heard on here the academy isn't in particularly good state.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 10:57:57 AM »
Great post but I am sure this is being discussed else where on this forum in abundance.

Offline MONCABA

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 11:00:17 AM »
As one of the ever present teams from the start of the premiership, we have had enough money from Sky, that we should never have found ourselves in this shit.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 12:38:04 PM »
As one of the ever present teams from the start of the premiership, we have had enough money from Sky, that we should never have found ourselves in this shit.

Randys fall out with MON has been more costly than his marriage break up.

It's left him bitter and desperate to to go it alone - it was this shear bloody mindedness that inflicted Mcleish on us.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 01:12:01 PM »
Questionable managerial appointments from GH onwards, losing umpteen quality players to the likes of Citeh didn't help (count 'em) replacing them with vastly inferior players when we were vulnerable after we lost so many last season left an already inadequate squad totally devoid of talent - the result was and is sadly inevitable.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 01:17:21 PM »

Given our in-built advantages it truly took a mind blowing level of incompetence to turn us into one of those absolute no-hoper teams that crop up about every five years or so.

Offline Boz

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 03:00:35 PM »
This post is re-iterating many other posters comments. The only point I'd raise is why keep Sis, McDonald and the academy director, they have not delivered much in the way of any quality in recent seasons, although they may be good enough for the Championship and lower if our current form continues next year.

Also we all have our opinions, but really, Venables, Redknapp, Hoddle, it's a no thanks from me.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 03:03:30 PM »
Sis of Top Cat?

Offline Boz

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 03:16:21 PM »
Sis of Top Cat?

Typo, but probably could do a better job than what's at BH currently.  :D

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 03:46:37 PM »
We're not the only club owned by someone who arrived knowing nothing about football - the game itself I mean. But where Randy and others have failed is in not getting real football knowledge on board from the off.
We've ended up with people in key football positions being appointed who just aren't up to the required level and the football side of the club has been destroyed as a result.
Knowing some of the individuals now working for the younger end of the academy I have serious worries about that too.

My one hope for our club is actually the current manager, once he gets chance to look beyond the first team and it's problems. My fear is that first team results will bring on that much fan pressure between now and the summer that the plonkers in charge will bow to it and go for another change.

Something that gets overlooked about Graham Taylor's appointment in 1987 is that he immediately identified what a poor state the club was also in beyond the first team and was given the power to address that.
I don't think we're yet in such a bad state it was then, but we are heading there unless someone with Taylor's intelligence and football knowledge is trusted enough to be given the power Taylor had. As I've said, I believe that person is now at the club, and has undoubtedly realised by now what a bag of shit he's taken on.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 07:18:29 PM »

Given our in-built advantages it truly took a mind blowing level of incompetence to turn us into one of those absolute no-hoper teams that crop up about every five years or so.
Those no-hoper side are normally new to the Premier League, rather than having been in the top flight for almost thirty years.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 07:50:15 PM »
A killer combination of arrogance, complacency, apathy and downright stupidity has got us into this unholy mess. Well done, Randy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal