collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 11:05:25 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 10:37:56 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Players You'd Have Who We've FU**ed off  (Read 7728 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Players You'd Have Who We've FU**ed off
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2016, 09:15:15 PM »
This thread makes about as much sense as a list of former lovers drafted by some poor chap suffering from Alzheimer's.   

Nurse!

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2016, 05:47:52 PM »
I'd certainly take Albrighton back but I think his improvement came about because of his move.  I don't think he would have developed the way he has if he'd stayed at Villa.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2016, 05:54:12 PM »
That Gana Gueye is a disappointment, isn't he? All those You Tube videos hailing his Lion spirit and he's anonymous.

He's another one that came in, looked technically good and then had it coached out of him at the Villa.
What the fuck goes on on that training pitch?

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2016, 06:04:04 PM »
That Gana Gueye is a disappointment, isn't he? All those You Tube videos hailing his Lion spirit and he's anonymous.

He's another one that came in, looked technically good and then had it coached out of him at the Villa.

For years and years our throw ins have been absolutely abysmal. The latest pathetic effort from Bacuna on Saturday. I really do wonder what goes on in training.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2016, 06:15:18 PM »

Probably never that good in the first place in reality.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2016, 06:18:28 PM »

For years and years our throw ins have been absolutely abysmal. The latest pathetic effort from Bacuna on Saturday. I really do wonder what goes on in training.
I genuinly don't know how he managed it, he managed to hit the only player in red and white within throwable distance when it was easier not too, the mind boggles.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2016, 06:19:19 PM »
Perhaps they do it on purpose? For a laugh, like?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2016, 06:26:24 PM »
Don't say that even in jest Lee.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2016, 06:29:52 PM »
Probably spot-fixing.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2016, 06:42:46 PM »
Don't Lee, please. It makes me think of Bruce Grobbelar.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2016, 08:24:57 PM »
Chap near where I sit shouts out "Stewards' enquiry!" after our more dismal throw-ins.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2016, 08:35:49 PM »

I genuinly don't know how he managed it, he managed to hit the only player in red and white within throwable distance when it was easier not too, the mind boggles.

It was just utterly atrocious. You' almost question if he has good eyesight. Since at least Lambert's first season throw ins awarded to us have made me nervous. The other team usually ends up with an advantage. Remember also the 'Cornalty' period when we almost always conceded from corners?

Johnny Giles used to always say that there is something very fundamentally wrong about a team that cannot get set-pieces right. Every team knows that it will be awarded a set piece and that their opponent will also. Therefore these are the one situation that a team can replicate and practice on the training ground to ensure they can at least offer a threat when they have one and can at least be organised and drilled for situations when the opposing team has one. For all his faults this was something MON understood and it won us points. These days I am sick to death of us screwing up these basic aspects of the game.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2016, 08:58:51 PM »

It was just utterly atrocious. You' almost question if he has good eyesight. Since at least Lambert's first season throw ins awarded to us have made me nervous. The other team usually ends up with an advantage. Remember also the 'Cornalty' period when we almost always conceded from corners?

Johnny Giles used to always say that there is something very fundamentally wrong about a team that cannot get set-pieces right. Every team knows that it will be awarded a set piece and that their opponent will also. Therefore these are the one situation that a team can replicate and practice on the training ground to ensure they can at least offer a threat when they have one and can at least be organised and drilled for situations when the opposing team has one. For all his faults this was something MON understood and it won us points. These days I am sick to death of us screwing up these basic aspects of the game.
It's staggering!
The vast majority of our set pieces create no problems at all for the opposition; throw-ins usually end up with the opposition within two moves and we can't defend set pieces for fu*k - eg: Newcastle's goal and Sunderland's 3rd...basic marking and defending tactics.
And these fu*kers are professionals! It's what they are "expert" at! It's their job! And they are consistently shite at it!
Compare to Stoke and Everton a few seasons ago and - the Delap/Crouch thing and Cahill always caused chaos in the oppo defence and scored a ridiculous number of goals - usually against us! We just don't/can't  do it.

Offline peter w

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2016, 09:47:59 AM »
Only Veretout can take a proper inswinging corner. That we never try a routine other than crossing the ball has. Always baffled me.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2016, 09:54:37 AM »

Probably never that good in the first place in reality.

Of course not.  Maybe we should pay him a bit more to make sure that it's at least the going rate and everything will be hunky dory again.

Or maybe we didn't pay enough for him which proves he must be shit.  Oh, hang on, that doesn't quite work in this case.

Maybe, just maybe we've brought in a decent player that's going through a tough patch.  Christ it took slither boy the best part of 5 years to start looking like a professional footballer.  But he was signed buy by the blessed saint Martin so there was never any question of him being shit was there?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal