collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:45:11 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:32:30 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 02:32:08 PM]

VAR by Drummond
[Today at 02:27:46 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 02:25:19 PM]

MOTD by LeeB
[Today at 01:56:14 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: That Gestede Throw In  (Read 24843 times)

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
Re: That Gestede Throw In
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2015, 10:22:35 PM »
Hart is completely thick! Just let the ball go for a goal kick...duhh...dumbass!

Don't be too harsh, he is a dopey Salopian who went to Meole Brace Secondary School after all. ;)

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2015, 10:31:46 PM »
Hart is completely thick! Just let the ball go for a goal kick...duhh...dumbass!

Don't be too harsh, he is a dopey Salopian who went to Meole Brace Secondary School after all. ;)

Don't be badmouthing my alma mater

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2015, 11:01:22 PM »
I wish Gestede had scored. If he had should we had allowed them to walk a goal? No they can fuck off. If the ball had been deflected in by Hart because the throw was hard may be so but conceding from a resulting corner NO.

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2015, 11:30:45 PM »
Bloody hell, Jenas was on our side, they all blamed Hart!

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2015, 11:31:35 PM »
Bloody hell, Jenas was on our side, they all blamed Hart!

:D

"He doesn't need to be there, just stay in goal let it go out for a goal kick"

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2015, 11:34:39 PM »

Don't be badmouthing my alma mater

Ooops, sorry (my elder son went there as well).

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2015, 11:42:56 PM »
I thought it was a bit naughty the first time I saw it but it was interesting seeing it again. Hart did make a mess of it. Had we been comfortably mid-table we might have left the corner uncontested but I'm not sure anyone (other than Citeh fans) can blame us for doing whatever's necessary in the position we're in.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2015, 12:07:09 AM »
Keown thinks we should of put the corner out for a goalkick. I think I'd like to roundhouse kick him in the head.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2015, 12:12:01 AM »
Fair play Rudy. Let's get nasty. Let's start doing anything we can to win.

Win!!

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2015, 06:38:14 AM »
All the players that surrounded Gestede after the throw in should've been cautioned.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2015, 09:55:22 AM »
He was clearly throwing the ball out for the goal kick which Hart made a pig's ear of.  This giving the ball back unwritten rule nonsense does my head in.  Players spend the entire game trying in any way to get an advantage but as soon as a player goes down and the ball is put out this holier than thou attitude springs to life.  The ref should be the one to stop the game for 90% of cases. He should then restart the game with a good old fashioned vigorously contested bounce up. 

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2015, 10:02:14 AM »
He was clearly throwing the ball out for the goal kick which Hart made a pig's ear of.  This giving the ball back unwritten rule nonsense does my head in.  Players spend the entire game trying in any way to get an advantage but as soon as a player goes down and the ball is put out this holier than thou attitude springs to life.  The ref should be the one to stop the game for 90% of cases. He should then restart the game with a good old fashioned vigorously contested bounce up. 

I disagree.  There should still be a place for sportsmanship and it's quite sad that some think otherwise.  You cant always rely on a ref to stop the game, he may not have fully seen an incident or may just be a complete fuckwit like Dean last week.

With this said, Hart should have let the ball go out - he was trying to get the game going too quickly and it was his error.  But I still agree with Keown on this one.  If teams pause before putting the ball out when one of our players is down again - maybe with something far more serious - then we can only blame ourselves.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2015, 10:08:35 AM »

I disagree.  There should still be a place for sportsmanship and it's quite sad that some think otherwise.  You cant always rely on a ref to stop the game, he may not have fully seen an incident or may just be a complete fuckwit like Dean last week.

With this said, Hart should have let the ball go out - he was trying to get the game going too quickly and it was his error.  But I still agree with Keown on this one.  If teams pause before putting the ball out when one of our players is down again - maybe with something far more serious - then we can only blame ourselves.

Kicking the ball out when a player goes down is a shit part of modern football. That and not celebrating when a player scores against an old club. We're not the fucking Corinthians

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2015, 10:09:06 AM »
It happened a week ago when Westwood got flattened. There is no such thing as Karma, unfortunately

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2015, 10:11:12 AM »

Kicking the ball out when a player goes down is a shit part of modern football. That and not celebrating when a player scores against an old club. We're not the fucking Corinthians

Spot on. Making a show of 'sportsmanship' and complaining about others not doing the same is like wearing a poppy the size of a dustbin lid, and tutting at anyone who doesn't do the same. Be sporting or don't, but don't go on and on about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal