collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Bristol Villa fans by The Edge
[Today at 06:55:20 PM]

Robin Olsen by olaftab
[Today at 06:53:59 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by spangley1812
[Today at 06:53:39 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 06:50:36 PM]

Champions League Contention by olaftab
[Today at 06:36:06 PM]

VAR by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:35:46 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 06:20:06 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Tayls_7
[Today at 06:12:13 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pundits.  (Read 35070 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Pundits.
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2015, 09:52:40 PM »
his name escapes me but I used to love the guy who coverd our night games in the late seventies and eighties
on bbc radio
what the hell was his name?

Larry Canning?
peter jones, that's the fella,his voice brings back so many good memories

And this.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2015, 09:55:46 PM »
One day i'll hear him say "and the sun shines now" and won't have eyes filled with dust.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2015, 10:01:04 PM »
his name escapes me but I used to love the guy who coverd our night games in the late seventies and eighties
on bbc radio

Larry Canning?

And this.

ffs dave I was talking about our great euro nights not that horrendous day in Sheffield,
that's the voice though
oh those wonderfuk times

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2015, 10:05:31 PM »
on bbc radio

Larry Canning?

And this.

ffs dave I was talking about our great euro nights not that horrendous day in Sheffield,
that's the voice though
oh those wonderfuk times

And I was showing what made him such a great broadcaster. Why do you have a problem with that?

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2015, 10:06:58 PM »
on bbc radio

Larry Canning?

And this.

that's the voice though
oh those wonderfuk times

And I was showing what made him such a great broadcaster. Why do you have a problem with that?
I dont

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2015, 10:13:03 PM »
One day i'll hear him say "and the sun shines now" and won't have eyes filled with dust.

Nods......

After sitting and watching what had gone on for the previous 3 or so hours to carry on doing your job to that level of professionalism with the deft touch and emotion is astounding. He died I think 18 months later, his wife maintained he suffered PTSD after witnessing that day and never recovered.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2015, 10:30:54 PM »
All the usual names, the entire BT team of ex players and I cannot stand Danny Mills.

I don't mind Mark Chapman but do get sick of ex pros sticking up for their mates.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »
The sky soccer special lot were on about it tonight.

They are just so far removed from what is actually happening day to day with the club to have anywhere near approaching an accurate viewpoint but it didn't stop the usual lazy lines about they weren't his players, he wanted Townsend Thoresen etc etc.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2015, 11:20:11 PM »
The best thing we can do is appoint someone decent, hopefully Garde and we can resurrect our season and ram it down the throats of Sherwood's buddies.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2015, 11:25:51 PM »
The most annoying thing is, they only ever skim over the surface. Even when we appointed McLeish, it had nothing to do where he came from, we never hated him. In fact most realised he was a very decent man. It was the brand we were against.

Now, most of us agree there is problems throughout the club, we're up for sale, the money isn't there, however Sherwood just didn't have a clue and instead of admitting other has thrown his players to the Wolves.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2015, 01:28:41 AM »
I'm sure I've seen some of you on the Politics thread on OT telling people to keep things in perspective!

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2015, 06:44:09 AM »

Nods......

After sitting and watching what had gone on for the previous 3 or so hours to carry on doing your job to that level of professionalism with the deft touch and emotion is astounding. He died I think 18 months later, his wife maintained he suffered PTSD after witnessing that day and never recovered.

I believe he died after commentating on The Boat Race of all things - probably died of boredom poor bloke.

An outstanding commentator and wordsmith up there with Benaud, Maskell and Ted Lowe for just consistently getting it right.

Never forget his commentary of Dennis Mortimer's goal against 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' the year we won the title - it's on the Season Review LP I bought that year narrated by Tim Russon (anyone remember him?)

Also when Boro got their 2nd while we were losing to Arsenal on the final day - the roar in the background is unbelievable.

Our pundits in Oz are Bosnich, Robbie Slater and via video link Darren Lewis - so you reckon you have it bad.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2015, 08:07:02 AM »
The best thing we can do is appoint someone decent, hopefully Garde and we can resurrect our season and ram it down the throats of Sherwood's buddies.

It won't make any difference.  They'll just quietly drop the story as at that point it won't be news. Even if we went storming up the table at a ridiculous rate the difference between Sherwood's performance and whoever's performance won't get mentioned. That's not just paranoia about how they treat us.  That's just how they work, for any club other than their favoured few, unless they want to stick the boot in like they did with Moyes v van Gaal for a few months.  I guess it's down to are you either

1.) One of the "old school network" or
2.) A glamour name from abroad.

Moyes never was either of those. Sherwood was.  Even Peligrini seems to catch a load of shit from the media that would never be thrown at Moanrinho or van Gaal.

Garde or whoever will suffer the same from day 1 unless he does so well that they end up touting him for one of their favoured clubs.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2015, 08:54:18 AM »
Alan Green is the biggest bellend ever.

Ian Wright is the second.

John Motson third. Just goes to show you can know stats, but know fuck all about the actual game.

Green is a commentator who just uses the platform to spout his opinions.

Wright is one of thickest twats to ever grace the planet

Motson used to be good but has been in decline since about 1990

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2015, 08:57:24 AM »
Le Saux and Lee Dixon do a decent job summarizing on the US EPL commentary.

In the studio with Rebecca Lowe is Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle and surprisingly, they're not too bad either.

Robbie Earle was good. I'd have probably give those tickets away too, bearing in mind the recipients..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal