collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by luke95
[Today at 01:21:42 PM]

Re: FFP by eamonn
[Today at 01:21:26 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by frank black
[Today at 01:19:41 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by eamonn
[Today at 01:18:48 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 01:17:43 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 01:17:12 PM]

Re: FFP by astonvilla82
[Today at 01:15:24 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 01:08:06 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: International Rugby  (Read 381550 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: International Rugby
« Reply #3045 on: December 06, 2020, 03:31:13 PM »
England have been really poor.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3046 on: December 06, 2020, 03:36:20 PM »
Fucking awful, Youngs, Ford and Farrell have all been utter shite, kicked everything away.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #3047 on: December 06, 2020, 04:15:04 PM »
That's about as close as I've ever got to actually wanting an England team to lose.

The tactics were a disgrace. Kicking the ball away every chance they got against a 3rd strength France team. With Jones it appears we have 3 more years of this shit, only to fail again at a World Cup.

Fair play to the French youngsters. They really didn't deserve to lose that game

Offline nigel

« Reply #3048 on: December 06, 2020, 04:19:57 PM »
Like all good teams we found a way to win.
If Farrell had bought his kicking boots we wouldn’t have been under so much pressure.

France are certainly going to be a team to watch for the next few years

Offline paul_e

« Reply #3049 on: December 06, 2020, 07:46:05 PM »
If Farrell had bought his kicking boots we wouldn’t have been under so much pressure.

The thing is our U20 from the year before were easily as good as the U20 team that french team was built around but most of ours have barely been given a look in. Finishing with Ford, Farrell, Slade, Daly and Malins all on the pitch showed everything you could ever want to know about how Jones has decided we're going to play. our game for as long as he's with us from now on is going to be 100% about playing the percentages and dominating territory. It'll work to an extent but we're going to be boring as fuck to watch other than the odd flash of brilliance from the only actual winger he seems willing to put any trust in.

He's done great things for the national team and was a big upgrade on the useless old boy appointments that came before him but I'd be looking to move him on soon because his stubbornness is hurting us now and the more people call for a proper 12, proper wingers and less kicking the more likely he will be to just stick with it.

Offline nigel

« Reply #3050 on: December 06, 2020, 07:57:56 PM »

The thing is our U20 from the year before were easily as good as the U20 team that french team was built around but most of ours have barely been given a look in. Finishing with Ford, Farrell, Slade, Daly and Malins all on the pitch showed everything you could ever want to know about how Jones has decided we're going to play. our game for as long as he's with us from now on is going to be 100% about playing the percentages and dominating territory. It'll work to an extent but we're going to be boring as fuck to watch other than the odd flash of brilliance from the only actual winger he seems willing to put any trust in.

He's done great things for the national team and was a big upgrade on the useless old boy appointments that came before him but I'd be looking to move him on soon because his stubbornness is hurting us now and the more people call for a proper 12, proper wingers and less kicking the more likely he will be to just stick with it.

While we’re winning games I can’t see anything changing, mate.
Fords kicking from hand was poor today, as was Farrell's kicking off the tee.

I would like to see the Simmonds brothers both in the squad and we certainly need to blood a young scrum half.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3051 on: December 06, 2020, 09:20:11 PM »

I would like to see the Simmonds brothers both in the squad and we certainly need to blood a young scrum half.

We needed that quality scrum half & fly half 60 caps ago....Youngs & Ford have never been top quality...always thought Youngs looked good from bench, never from start

Offline paul_e

« Reply #3052 on: December 06, 2020, 10:32:50 PM »

We needed that quality scrum half & fly half 60 caps ago....Youngs & Ford have never been top quality...always thought Youngs looked good from bench, never from start

Robson has been the best 9 in the league for at least 3 years and Cipriani spent most of that time tearing teams open from 10. The players have been there but Jones wants a 9 and 10 that play the percentages and let the forwards win the games through sheer physicality. Losing the world cup made him double down on that and push the kicking game even harder.

Robson and Mitchell would be my choices at 9 and at 10 I'd go with Farrell and Smith or Umaga. That way Slade can step in to 12 and we can bring in Marchant who's currently the best centre in the league. Lawrence works well as a backup and then we can have a discussion about what to do once Manu is back fit. For me Daly has gone backwards for the last year or so and I'd drop him with a back 3 of May, Watson and Furbank for now but with Watson going to 15 and Nowell in when he's fit. Cokanasiga from the bench as an impact sub is the obvious choice to give us someone to worry tired defenders.

In the forwards the only change I'd make is Simmonds on the bench ahead of Earl, I'd like a better backup at tighthead though, I don't think Stuart is good enough. It's a shame that we have loads of good loosehead options and nothing much on the other side, maybe someone can convince Saints to push Iyogun that way because he could well be the best prop in the country in a year or 2.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #3053 on: December 07, 2020, 10:15:45 AM »
I clean forgot about the England v France B game yesterday.

After reading the above, I doubt that I'll be catching up

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3054 on: December 07, 2020, 10:44:49 AM »
That was like watching Stuart Lancaster’s death throes, Jones is kidding himself and believes his own ego and hype if he thinks he can talk his way out of that absolute shit show.
He needs to drop his mates and start picking players on their form.
Drop the kick fest shit.
Show some attacking intent.

The premiership is great to watch so is the Southern Hemisphere game, watching England now is boring shit, even the few fans in Twickenham yesterday were booing Eddie. It’s fucking boring.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #3055 on: December 07, 2020, 11:23:52 AM »
That was like watching Stuart Lancaster’s death throes, Jones is kidding himself and believes his own ego and hype if he thinks he can talk his way out of that absolute shit show.
He needs to drop his mates and start picking players on their form.
Drop the kick fest shit.
Show some attacking intent.

The premiership is great to watch so is the Southern Hemisphere game, watching England now is boring shit, even the few fans in Twickenham yesterday were booing Eddie. It’s fucking boring.

More important than it being boring is that won't work against the best sides. Wales and Ireland are both transitioning towards 2023 and France were forced to field a reserve team so these 3 wins do little more than paper over the cracks.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3056 on: December 07, 2020, 07:45:36 PM »
I hope in spite of his outburst in the media he will reflect on how we’ve played and realise it’s not the way forward. Winning is not the be all and end all at this point - your performances have to show an upward curve. Teams that cling onto wins with increasingly poor performances eventually drop off a cliff, because it’s performances that underpin everything.

England were bloody rubbish yesterday and really disjointed - that will not lead to winning rugby in the long-term.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #3057 on: December 07, 2020, 08:08:51 PM »
I hope in spite of his outburst in the media he will reflect on how we’ve played and realise it’s not the way forward. Winning is not the be all and end all at this point - your performances have to show an upward curve. Teams that cling onto wins with increasingly poor performances eventually drop off a cliff, because it’s performances that underpin everything.

England were bloody rubbish yesterday and really disjointed - that will not lead to winning rugby in the long-term.

Agreed, for me yesterday was the worst England performance since Lancaster imploded at a world cup. Funnily enough the final straw for me was him moving Joseph onto the wing with Youngs, Ford and Farrell at 9, 10, 12 against Australia.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #3058 on: December 11, 2020, 03:57:04 PM »
Nigel Owens has decided to retire from international rugby after 100 Tests

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55276742

Offline paul_e

« Reply #3059 on: December 11, 2020, 04:55:47 PM »
Shame that, he'll be hard to replace.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal