collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Nunkin1965
[Today at 06:36:20 PM]

Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 05:45:07 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Demitri_C
[Today at 05:41:09 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Smirker
[Today at 05:38:49 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by LeeB
[Today at 05:19:25 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:11:35 PM]

Villa Park by FrankyH
[Today at 05:02:16 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Dave
[Today at 04:51:22 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Nunkin1965
[Today at 06:36:20 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 06:30:06 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 06:12:51 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Ducksworthy
[Today at 06:07:01 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 06:04:11 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 05:59:46 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 05:54:49 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 05:52:58 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: International Rugby  (Read 385502 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: International Rugby
« Reply #2970 on: March 07, 2020, 06:19:16 PM »
Playing nicely overall. I don’t like the split on the bench. Leaves you massively exposed in the backs as soon as there’s any injury.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2971 on: March 07, 2020, 08:55:19 PM »
Great game today, shame the officials spoilt it as a spectacle.

Another week where 40 points should have been surpassed, another week of stupid penalties.

Alun Wyn Jones is a non stop whinger.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #2972 on: March 07, 2020, 11:21:20 PM »
The red card was harsh, not sure what Tuilagi could have done as he had already started his tackle motion when the Welsh player was tackled and his body position lowered.

We played some decent stuff at times, had a bit of a brain fade at both the end of the 1st and start of the 2nd half. Wales scoring the 2 tries against 13 men makes the game appear a lot closer than it actually was.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #2973 on: March 08, 2020, 11:58:49 AM »
The red card was harsh, not sure what Tuilagi could have done as he had already started his tackle motion when the Welsh player was tackled and his body position lowered.

I saw this differently. I thought that it was lucky that the Welsh player was falling out of the way when Tuilagi contacted him.

Yes, Tuilagi was already committed to the tackle but it was one with no attempt to wrap his arms and could have been a lot worse

Offline luke:lamf

« Reply #2974 on: March 08, 2020, 03:01:20 PM »
I'm not Scottish, but by God, hearing a full Murrayfield sing the second verse of "Flower of Scotland" unaccompanied never fails to send a shiver up my spine. Beautiful stuff.

Anyway, come on France, time for you to win a 6N again.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2975 on: March 08, 2020, 03:09:53 PM »

I saw this differently. I thought that it was lucky that the Welsh player was falling out of the way when Tuilagi contacted him.

Yes, Tuilagi was already committed to the tackle but it was one with no attempt to wrap his arms and could have been a lot worse

completely disagree, if North gets his foot loose the tackle is no different to ones you see all through top level rugby every weekend where the impact comes from the shoulder with the other arm wrapping and then the 'lead' arm coming round after the impact. I honestly thought the Parkes tackle on Manu was worse.

On topic, think the ref in the scotland game did really well just, yellow card was spot on.

Online paul_e

« Reply #2976 on: March 08, 2020, 03:34:02 PM »
France appear to be sticking to tradition and playing like they're drunk just when they look like they've become the team they've promised to be. Scotland have completely bossed them without actually doing anything all that great themselves.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #2977 on: March 08, 2020, 04:27:10 PM »

completely disagree, if North gets his foot loose the tackle is no different to ones you see all through top level rugby every weekend where the impact comes from the shoulder with the other arm wrapping and then the 'lead' arm coming round after the impact. I honestly thought the Parkes tackle on Manu was worse.

On topic, think the ref in the scotland game did really well just, yellow card was spot on.

Surely in pretty much every tackle the shoulder will make contact first, then the arms wrap around. Any player using just arms is tackling very very wrong!!

I think because Norths body position had lowered, Tuilagi didn't have anything to wrap his arms around. I think a yellow would have been fair as there was mitigating circumstances (yellow would have still effectively been red with the time remaining)

Online paul_e

« Reply #2978 on: March 08, 2020, 06:25:39 PM »

Surely in pretty much every tackle the shoulder will make contact first, then the arms wrap around. Any player using just arms is tackling very very wrong!!

I think because Norths body position had lowered, Tuilagi didn't have anything to wrap his arms around. I think a yellow would have been fair as there was mitigating circumstances (yellow would have still effectively been red with the time remaining)

Absolutely. Away from the top level you'll get plenty of people who go into that hit with their arms on U in front of them, which would make the tackle but might not push someone the size and power of North into touch but should first then swing the arm in is fairly normal, it's exactly how I was taught to hit tackle bags (but I was never as good at hitting a moving target cleanly, so I lead with the arms more in games).

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2979 on: March 09, 2020, 01:30:51 PM »
France v Ireland postponed.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #2980 on: March 09, 2020, 02:53:13 PM »
France get to lick their wounds for a bit longer.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2981 on: March 09, 2020, 11:17:01 PM »
"Latest update:
Summary and Health - The FCO now advises against all but essential travel to Italy, due to an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) and in line with various controls and restrictions imposed by the Italian authorities on 9 March."

Surely you get your money back now, mate?

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #2982 on: March 10, 2020, 09:28:40 AM »
"Latest update:
Summary and Health - The FCO now advises against all but essential travel to Italy, due to an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) and in line with various controls and restrictions imposed by the Italian authorities on 9 March."

We should. BA have cancelled everything in and out of Italy for today, I've no doubt that will extend to Friday and beyond when we were supposed to fly.

Online paul_e

« Reply #2983 on: March 13, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »
Wales vs Scotland postponed (eventually).

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #2984 on: March 13, 2020, 03:47:57 PM »
"Latest update:

We should. BA have cancelled everything in and out of Italy for today, I've no doubt that will extend to Friday and beyond when we were supposed to fly.

BA cancelled a few days ago, everything refunded. Match tickets no idea yet what's happening on that front.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal